Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Who weighs the celebs?

  1. #1
    Elite Member Sleuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vegemite Land
    Posts
    6,627

    Default Who weighs the celebs?

    Ive always been facinated when a magazine has an article saying "how much celebs really weigh" Like do the celebs run in to the editors office for a weigh in or something because in all honesty i cant imagine celebs like Nicole Richie, Mischa, Kate Bosworth and Victoria willingly fessing up to their true weights. Where would a magazine get that sort of information or do they pull the figures out of nowhere?

  2. #2
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    79

    Default

    The magazines pull those numbers out of their asses....

  3. #3
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Lungs Of Your Loved Ones
    Posts
    1,049

    Default

    I don't know wondered about that, I did watch an episode of Kathy Griffin whatever her last name is.They came to her house and weighed her and some ish like that.

  4. #4
    Super Moderator NoDayButToday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    14,636

    Default

    ^ Yeah, but she was specifically doing a weight loss article where that was part of the agreement. I doubt they do that to Nicole Richie just to comment on how tiny she's gotten.

  5. #5
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    9,357

    Default

    What I love is that they always list weights like "113" or "121" instead of rounded numbers or saying "about" or "approximately." It makes them sound like they really have a clue exactly how much someone weighs by looking at them.

  6. #6
    Elite Member Sleuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vegemite Land
    Posts
    6,627

    Default

    ^^ it was exactly those sorts of "exact" figures that got me thinking, like in NW they said the Nicole Richie weighs 39 kg, i mean as if someone like her would willingly jump on the scales and tell a magazine.

  7. #7
    Hit By Ban Bus! Femmefatale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    yeah i agree they totally "guesstimate"...sometimes i think theyre close, like with posh spice (105-110) and angelina jolie (118) and other times they are hilariously wrong...i remember a couple years ago before mariah got really big they guessed her weight to be 108 which is totally not true. Mariah is like 5'9 and back then prolly weighed more like 128.

    the best is when you compaire weights...like they said mariah carey at 5'9 was 108 and pam anderson at 5'4 was 120 lol...when theres no way pam anderson was ever HEAVIER than mariah...although i think theyve gotton better abt it in recent times, they used to be hilariously off

  8. #8
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    19

    Default

    Lindsay Lohan's publicist commented on the inaccuracy of these guesses one time. She was like, "Such and such a magazine reported that before Lindsay lost weight, she weighed 130 lbs. I can confirm that Lindsay has never weighed 130 lbs in her life."

  9. #9
    Hit By Ban Bus! Femmefatale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cosmogrl5 View Post
    Lindsay Lohan's publicist commented on the inaccuracy of these guesses one time. She was like, "Such and such a magazine reported that before Lindsay lost weight, she weighed 130 lbs. I can confirm that Lindsay has never weighed 130 lbs in her life."

    yeah but i kind of think she has weighed 130 bc shes 5'7 and used to a little thick...my theory is that usually the tabs gues LESS than what celebs weigh so celebs dont contest it...when I read that original estimate of lohan's weight i thought it was right and it wasnt a week later before it was being officially contested.


    At this size if she wasnt 130 she was pretty damn close and w.in 5lbs of it in my oppinion
    http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...en-Posters.jpg

    http://imblog.aufeminin.com/blog/D20..._H151451_L.jpg

    http://hollywood.weblog.com.pt/arqui...dsaylohan4.JPG

    http://renaud6.ifrance.com/trombinos...Y%20LOHAN5.jpg

    http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/...ndsaylohan.jpg

    http://www.glamourparis.com/fileadmi...dsay-lohan.jpg

  10. #10
    Elite Member Bellatheball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    17,107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    yeah i agree they totally "guesstimate"...sometimes i think theyre close, like with posh spice (105-110) and angelina jolie (118) and other times they are hilariously wrong...i remember a couple years ago before mariah got really big they guessed her weight to be 108 which is totally not true. Mariah is like 5'9 and back then prolly weighed more like 128.

    the best is when you compaire weights...like they said mariah carey at 5'9 was 108 and pam anderson at 5'4 was 120 lol...when theres no way pam anderson was ever HEAVIER than mariah...although i think theyve gotton better abt it in recent times, they used to be hilariously off
    Mariah has not been 128 lbs since eigth grade. I promise!

  11. #11
    Hit By Ban Bus! Femmefatale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    ^^^^lol im sure ur right, but how absurd they said she was 108, ya know

  12. #12
    Elite Member chartreuse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    the salad bowl
    Posts
    6,407

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Femmefatale View Post
    yeah but i kind of think she has weighed 130 bc shes 5'7 and used to a little thick...my theory is that usually the tabs gues LESS than what celebs weigh so celebs dont contest it...when I read that original estimate of lohan's weight i thought it was right and it wasnt a week later before it was being officially contested.


    At this size if she wasnt 130 she was pretty damn close and w.in 5lbs of it in my oppinion
    http://imagecache2.allposters.com/im...en-Posters.jpg

    http://imblog.aufeminin.com/blog/D20..._H151451_L.jpg

    http://hollywood.weblog.com.pt/arqui...dsaylohan4.JPG

    http://renaud6.ifrance.com/trombinos...Y%20LOHAN5.jpg

    http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/...ndsaylohan.jpg

    http://www.glamourparis.com/fileadmi...dsay-lohan.jpg
    I really miss Linds looking like this. In my opinion, it's the epitome of the perfect body...athletic, yet sleek. Man, she's really gone downhill.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.


  13. #13
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,185

    Default

    I hate that they make it sound like LiLo at 130 was fat, like her publicist had to say that she has never weighed 130 like it was an insult or something. Way to alienate us regular people! Some of us actually weigh 130and gasp! get compliments all the time on how great we look.

    Hollywood really has some fucked up ideas of what looks good.

  14. #14
    Hit By Ban Bus!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2,036

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    ^^ it was exactly those sorts of "exact" figures that got me thinking, like in NW they said the Nicole Richie weighs 39 kg, i mean as if someone like her would willingly jump on the scales and tell a magazine.
    My cousin weighs 38 kg and looks a lot healthier in her naturally teeny-tiny frame, lol.

  15. #15
    Elite Member Sleuth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Vegemite Land
    Posts
    6,627

    Default

    ^^ how old is your cousin though??

    im 45kg but im a short ass with a small frame so it looks fine

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What celebs have you seen?
    By SuperHeroTights in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 881
    Last Post: July 9th, 2020, 01:36 AM
  2. Congressman Tancredo weighs in on "Dog" arrest
    By Delphinium in forum Gossip Archive
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 20th, 2006, 04:15 AM
  3. How celebs would look fat!
    By Tiara in forum Weight
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: August 31st, 2006, 07:05 PM
  4. Mom Weighs 37 Pounds Gives Birth To Healthy Son
    By AliceInWonderland in forum News
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: February 9th, 2006, 11:13 PM
  5. Patti Hearst weighs in on terrorism.
    By buttmunch in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: October 10th, 2005, 06:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •