Bronze Member

Default Charlotte Church has gotten fat

Look at the latest pics
    http://www.bastardly.com/archives/20...-hell-happened

maybe she should change her name to
    Charlotte Cathedral

Default Re: Charlotte Church has gotten fat

Oh please, how absolutely ridiculous.

Charlotte is a fine specimen of a lady. I think she is beautiful; her womanly curves are a true inspiration. It is so refreshing to see a young, successful singer refraining from being pressured into starving herself until she becomes like all the other emaciated stick insects we see on the red carpets today.

This is certainly the kind of role model I will want my daughter to look up to as she matures. She is a healthy, voluptuously attractive youthful woman who I believe deserves the utmost of gratitude for her laid back approach to adulthood. No pressure to be thin, no anxiety for fear of not looking like everybody else. I find it extremely disappointing that young girls today consider this fat, I truly do.

I'm sorry but she's not healthy. I'm all for women and girls having positive role models but she has TWO chins (if not more). I would like women to have healthy role models, not women who party so much that they end up looking like that.

There is nothing wrong with admitting that on the whole people are afraid anymore to say someone has gotten chunky. Everyone just tiptoes around it. Maybe that's why so many women (and men for that matter) seem to think it's okay to let yourself go and become unhealthy.

She needs to exercise, plain and simple.

Well now the rest of her matches her mouth.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I did not say that she has let herself go and I do not believe that she has. I can’t believe that just because somebody has a little extra body weight they are considered fat and it is seen as ‘letting yourself go’.

I would completely agree with you if Charlotte was clinically obese, there is no excuse for someone getting to a ridiculously heavy weight, but Charlotte looks just fine. And so what is her face is a tad plump, I think that looks much better than sunken cheeks with protruding cheekbones. Anyway, Charlotte is singing in the pictures so that exaggerates the ‘double chin’.

I am merely stating that I believe there should be less pressure on young girls to be perfect. Charlotte’s weight has famously fluctuated in recent years which leads me to believe she will not ‘let herself go’ and continue to gain weight to an extreme extent.

No, she's fat. Two chins is fat no matter how you call it. Fat is now the new healthy? I don't think so.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion so I will refrain from commenting further. I refuse to engage in some kind of heated debate about celebrity weights.

I have made my opinion very clear and if you have read my posts properly then you should understand that what you have stated is not what I was saying.

No I don’t think fat is the new healthy, but I think Charlotte is healthy. But that is because I do not consider her fat.

Why does it have to been either emaciated or fat? Since when is it not possible for people to choose the middle ground?

She has a high body fat percentage, she is letting herself go. I think that when you stop caring about your health that would be considered "letting things slip."

Quote Originally Posted by dancindiva View Post
    Why does it have to been either emaciated or fat? Since when is it not possible for people to choose the middle ground?
    You beat me to it. It seems that the old "it's better than being anorexic" argument is constantly used, and it's tired. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

Charlotte looks horrid in those pictures. The first one looks like a photoshop caricature, and those multiple chins are very unattractive. She looked much better 15-20 pounds ago, and she certainly wasn't gaunt. Maybe if she carried her weight more in her butt, it wouldn't look so bad, but she seems to get a fat face & massive boobs.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

OCD

Well since I just had this discussion with my husband I feel obligated to comment.

I have gained around 20 lbs, I am fat. I made my husband admit that I am fat. There is no shame. Excess beef = fat, you can call it a wee bit fat, massively fat, whatever amount you like it's all still fat.

If you are carrying around excess bodyweight you are fat, even if it's a little fat, then you could say "I have gotten a LITTLE bit fat."

I think if you grab your throat and have gobs of fat in your hand it's safe to say your fat, chubby, tubby aka overweight whatever phrase you like. If you grab your waist and have handfuls of fat well there's a another sign.

Right now I am 20 lbs over my normal bodyweight. By normal I mean untoned smushy, but not big lol. I can grab love handles, my butt is getting meaty, and I have a tube of fat that sits above my pants waist. So I call that fat. I am fat at 5ft 3, 134 lbs. I probably won't die from it, but I look like crap naked.

I will say I do like seeing famous people at different body weights, but Charlotte has tipped the scales a wee bit. She's gotten fat. Fat isn't healthy, but I wouldn't necessarily say she is unhealthy either.

There is a grey area, but fat is fat.

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    I think if you grab your throat and have gobs of fat in your hand it's safe to say your fat, chubby, tubby aka overweight whatever phrase you like.

Your poor husband - if he's like mine, he would have rather DIED than admit it to me!

OCD

Well it was hard, but I just told him I wouldn't stop eating unless I had some reality based feedback.

It's hard too with that small amount of weight because your like damn I'm getting big, but everyone around you placates with "no you aren't you look the same."

You can only ride that "I look the same" for only so many lbs.

I'd call that barely chubby in real life. She isn't Nicole sized and I think thats great. I think the double chin pic is a horrible angle and when you see the next one you can tell she isn't sporting that thing all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by OCD View Post
    You can only ride that "I look the same" for only so many lbs.
    Don't I know it. It's amazing how much you can fool yourself, until you see yourself in a picture. My heart skipped a beat once like that.

I might be a little more charitable to Charlotte if she didn't run off at the mouth so much.

That first pic is atrocious. Her chins take up more room than her actual face.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information