Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Health fears for super slender Tara Reid

Elite Member

Default Health fears for super slender Tara Reid

Health fears for super slender Tara Reid

Woman's Day
    2 hrs ago

© Provided by Woman's Day The 40-year-old shared this smiling photo, but followers were quick to point out her bony chest.

When Tara Reid uploaded a holiday snap on Instagram, her followers barely noticed the beautiful backdrop.

The American Pie actress, posing in a skimpy string bikini with two friends, appeared terribly thin.

She’s always been slight, but many fans were quick to point out that she may have gone too far this time.

“30 pounds [13kg] would do you good,” wrote one of her Instagram followers.

Another simply added, “Too skinny.”

© Provided by Woman's Day Tara in her breakout role as Vicky in American Pie.

Many comments were too explicit for Woman’s Day online to report.

Tara has become more well-known for her fluctuating body shape than her acting in recent years, especially when she underwent an infamously botched boob job.

Not that the 40-year-old, who shot to fame in the crude teen movie American Pie in 1999, cares what people think.

“I’m just what I am,” she says. “So if you wanna get mad at me because I’m skinny, go ahead.”

© Provided by Woman's Day

This is so sad to me. She was gorgeous at one time.
    SoCalMarie and deenz like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    This is so sad to me. She was gorgeous at one time.
    Agreed.
    I hope she gets help soon - for whatever she's going through.
    Another example of what "the business," poor decision-making, and hanging around with Lindsay Lohan can do to a person...

(Seriously though, she looks like she's in pain - mentally and physically. I would really like to see her get help, get healthy, and get a role in something, anything - she could be a great example for the "comeback." - I'd totally support whatever project she's in just on the fact that she made the effort).
    Lofty Bike likes this.
    Katy, urine danger, gurl! - BITTER

Elite Member

i wonder if something traumatic happened to Tara a few years ago, which sent her on a downward spiral?

It would have been great if she was able to turn her life after the cult success of 'Sharknado', but she seems to have fallen back into her rut again.
    BITTER and louiswinthorpe111 like this.

Elite Member

That is very, very sad. There is something really bad going on here.
    BITTER and Sassiness like this.

Quote Originally Posted by *Wookie-Chick* View Post
    i wonder if something traumatic happened to Tara a few years ago, which sent her on a downward spiral?
    If you want to speculate, Wookie-Chick, IMO, I think the same thing that happened to Lindsay Lohan, Corey Haim, Brad Renfro and a few other child stars who crashed and burned...someone abused them. Just my opinion. I would love to be wrong, though. Too many pervy pedos in Hollywood in positions of power.
    deenz, dilligaf, Sassiness and 2 others like this.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I can only imagine what her insides are like. Malnourished for sure. Sad.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

'Scuse me, I thought it was a GR mandate the the word 'drunk' be included in any and all titles referencing Tara Reid

Hubby just looked at the photos asked me if she was on meth!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Why concerned all of a sudden? She's been that emaciated for at least 5 years, probably closer to 10.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    If you want to speculate, Wookie-Chick, IMO, I think the same thing that happened to Lindsay Lohan, Corey Haim, Brad Renfro and a few other child stars who crashed and burned...someone abused them. Just my opinion. I would love to be wrong, though. Too many pervy pedos in Hollywood in positions of power.
    This ^
    I think it could be a combination of issues, that of which starts with some type of abuse within the industry especially when you start out young. Either by force or by persuasion as you get older (constant casting couch situations/people taking advantage of their position and actors so desperate for the part, that they are willing to do whatever, not realizing the mental toll that kind of thing does to your self-worth in the long run).

Combined with the media constantly building people up and kicking them when their down, along with not having a stable circle (or at least 1 or 2 people) of family and/or friends to keep you in check/care about your well-being over your popularity, and having substances so readily available to you - it's so easy to fall into the trap.

On that note, I know this is off-topic, but I miss Brad. He was one of those people that just had a natural talent. I also think he was a victim of child abuse in the industry, used drugs/alcohol to numb but, tried his darnest to get healthy at certain points.

In his last interview, he was giving advice to people wanting to get into the industry. While he gave good advice, you can't help but think of the tragic irony of it. I don't know... He seemed like a sweet soul. Just looking at his eyes, you can tell he saw and dealt with a lot in his short life.
    (Ps. He's heavier in this vid because he had recently gotten out of rehab at that point in time - something that people - youtube commenters especially - don't realize/understand).

Last edited by SoCalMarie; January 8th, 2016 at 10:43 PM. Reason: I haz spellin issuz :)
    kersalli and BITTER like this.

Gold Member

She's not slender, she's emaciated. There's a difference.

Her legs and ass look like that because she had them lipo'd and the fat transferred to try and fix the botch job rippled stomach, though the lack of food isn't helping matters.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post

Bitter, i agree with you.

It is infuriating that the predatory scumbags constantly get away with it and completely destroy lives.

The only one i can think of who did get caught was Lou Pearlman (the sleazy boyband manager), but he was sentenced for financial related crimes, not the molestation cases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Pearlman

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-prison-672724
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by *Wookie-Chick* View Post
    Bitter, i agree with you.

It is infuriating that the predatory scumbags constantly get away with it and completely destroy lives.

The only one i can think of who did get caught was Lou Pearlman (the sleazy boyband manager), but he was sentenced for financial related crimes, not the molestation cases.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lou_Pearlman

Backstreet Boys' Lou Pearlman's Prison Interview: My Ponzi Scheme Was Smarter Than Madoff’s - Hollywood Reporter
    There's a couple of threads that cover this topic on the board, unfortunately.
    Abuse in the industry is rampant. Schumacher, Singer, Dan Schneider... just to name a few of of the vile monsters.

I applaud the people that have voiced their experiences and brought attention to the issue (Cory Feldman, for example) but, it seems that it's so quickly "hushed" in the media either by the "powers" of Hollywood, or the fact that general public kinda turns a blind eye to the real problems of Hollywood and favor mindless news. (Hollywood is supposed to be one big "Fantasyland" after all).

Also because, some of the victims are not physically here to speak for themselves. Corey Haim, Brad Renfro, Johnathan Brandis...
    I also think that a lot of actors/actresses are so wrapped up (in a sense) in battling their own demons (most not easily visible as Tara's) and so mentally vulnerable (as a result of the abuse), that the last thing they want to do is open that wound again, let alone speak out about it publicly and have the media ​constantly analyzing you/your experiences.
    Amanda Bynes (and Schneider) is an example of my theory on that...
    BITTER likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMarie View Post
    There's a couple of threads that cover this topic on the board, unfortunately.
    Abuse in the industry is rampant. Schumacher, Singer, Dan Schneider... just to name a few of of the vile monsters.

I applaud the people that have voiced their experiences and brought attention to the issue (Cory Feldman, for example) but, it seems that it's so quickly "hushed" in the media either by the "powers" of Hollywood, or the fact that general public kinda turns a blind eye to the real problems of Hollywood and favor mindless news. (Hollywood is supposed to be one big "Fantasyland" after all).

Also because, some of the victims are not physically here to speak for themselves. Corey Haim, Brad Renfro, Johnathan Brandis...
    I also think that a lot of actors/actresses are so wrapped up (in a sense) in battling their own demons (most not easily visible as Tara's) and so mentally vulnerable (as a result of the abuse), that the last thing they want to do is open that wound again, let alone speak out about it publicly and have the media ​constantly analyzing you/your experiences.
    Amanda Bynes (and Schneider) is an example of my theory on that...

Oh man, how could i have forgotten about those creeps?.. Thank you for jogging my memory SoCalMarie

Brian Singer's sordid dealings went away pretty quickly, didn't they?.. especially as he had a movie coming out near the same time as the accusations surfaced.

And that is a great point about Jonathan Brandis too.. His family and friends kept saying that he was depressed about his flagging career and that was all.

But the public now knowing what a sleazy, vile business Hollywood is, it makes one wonder what Brandis really went through.

(https://40.media.tumblr.com/3c49309eea111d5c4d18f02347ea1904/tumblr_mw5qedtYwj1rdo4hvo1_400.jpg) / (http://showbizgeek.com/wp-content/up...t-17.28.20.png)

Another child actor who became a damaged soul is Edward Furlong..

(http://www.whale.to/b/7jkj3n3tfurlong.jpg)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information