Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MsDark

Thread: Women's Health Won't Use 'Bikini Body' and 'Drop Two Sizes' on Future Covers

Default Women's Health Won't Use 'Bikini Body' and 'Drop Two Sizes' on Future Covers

Women's Health Won't Use 'Bikini Body' and 'Drop Two Sizes' on Future Covers

Women's Health magazine shared their New Year's resolution with readers, and that's to officially drop two common phrases from their covers.
    In a letter to readers on Tuesday, editor-in-chief Amy Keller Laird declared the mag will stop running the tagline's "Bikini Body" and "Drop Two Sizes," based on the request of readers. Laird wrote:

"You told us you don’t love the words shrink and diet, and we’re happy to say we kicked those to the cover curb ourselves over the past year. But we’re still using two other phrases—“Bikini Body” and “Drop Two Sizes”—that you want retired. Since our goal is always to pump you up, and never to make you feel bad, here’s our pledge: They’re gone. They’ll no longer appear on Women’s Health covers."

The news comes after the health glossy asked readers in a recent survey what they would and wouldn't like to see on the front covers of future editions and they pledged to help readers become the best version of themselves in return.

"When one reader said, “I hate how women’s magazines emphasize being skinny or wearing bikinis as the reason to be healthy,” it became so clear: We never want to be that type of women's magazine," Laird wrote. "So, “Bikini Body,” see ya. Wouldn’t wanna be ya."

Among the words readers would like to see more often in the pages of the magazines? "Toned," "strong," and "sexy."

Women's Health isn't the only publication to have made a body positive change in the industry this year — Lauren Conrad banned the terms "skinny" “slim,” “thin,” and other body-shaming words in favour of more accepting words like“fit,” “toned,” and “healthy,” back in June. And Sport's Illustrated made history by featuring the first plus-size model, Robyn Lawley, in their famed swimsuit issue.

I subscribe to WH. I really enjoy it. It's nice to see they listen to readers.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Elite Member

I like that. I'm sure Men's Health doesn't talk about getting in swimsuit shape and dropping two sizes on its cover.

Speaking of bikini body, I once tagged along with Mrs. Mohandas on a business trip to Hawaii. She had two male coworkers who were there, too. During breaks, all of us managed to get down to the swimming pool or beach.

She found out when we got back that one of the coworkers told people that he had seen her in a bikini. So, she asked one of them how he had described her. He said, "Too muscular". I was very proud.

Hell, I'm looking for the one that says: "Get your fatass in shape, STAT!"
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Finally!
    I wonder if they hired someone new now that they can't get away with copy-pasting the same text on each issue.

Thread Information