Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Pink to the Fat-Shamers: 'Thanks for Your Concern. Love, Cheesecake'

Default Pink to the Fat-Shamers: 'Thanks for Your Concern. Love, Cheesecake'

"My healthy, voluptuous and crazy strong body is having some much deserved time off"

When Pink put on a pretty party dress, delicate black headband and sparkling chandelier earrings to head out to an event Saturday night, she felt great about herself, just as we all do when we get dressed to the nines. But, this being the internet, it didnít take long for some people to post her photo with nasty comments about the singerís body. And because Pink is as famously outspoken as she is incredibly fit, she took to Twitter to demand some sanity.

In a typed-out screengrab posted on Twitter, Pink wrote:

ďI can see that some of you are concerned about me from your comments about my weight. Youíre referring to the pictures of me from last nightís cancer benefit that I attended to support my [dear] friend Dr. Maggie DiNome. She was given the Duke Award for her tireless efforts and stellar contributions to the eradication of cancer. But unfortunately, my weight seems much more important to some of you. While I admit that the dress didnít photograph as well as it did in my kitchen, I will also admit that I felt very pretty. In fact, I feel beautiful. So, my good and concerned peoples, please donít worry about [me]. Iím not worried about me. And Iím not worried about you either Ö I am perfectly fine, perfectly happy, and my healthy, voluptuous and crazy strong body is having some much deserved time off. Thanks for your concern. Love, cheesecake.Ē

Pink Is the Latest Celeb to Shut Down Body Criticism - TIME

She's always had this body type, like she's not fat, but "thick" (though not in a bad way, IMO). Having said that, I think she looks fab in that dress .
    JazzyGirl and Lalasnake like this.

I am a huge fan. Remember her "Behind the Music" episode on VH1. We saw her in concert for "The Truth About Love" tour and it was all kinds of awesome (especially since we live in a rural area, so made a weekend out of it in the nearby city where the event was). She was fabulous in it. Never took a break between songs except for costume changes. We went with a couple, and my friend who is also a fan told me she runs on the treadmill at top speed while signing her song list to prep for concerts. And she had a bedazzled mic with her daughter's name on it.

So after getting all geeky fan girly, I think she looks lovely.
    lindsaywhit likes this.

Elite Member

InigoM, Pink has so much love and respect for her fans, doesn't she?.. and never takes them for granted.

She looks wonderful here and her bulldog tattoo is the coolest.

And congratulations to Dr Maggie DiNome.

Elite Member

I don't get it. Where are the fat pics?

Pink is gorgeous, has an incredibly hot husband and she's just amazing. She never ages.

Quote Originally Posted by stella blue View Post
    I don't get it. Where are the fat pics?
    Right? That is the fat pic. She's just a few pounds heavier than she normally is, and it gives her boobs. She still looks great.

Gold Member

I never noticed how pretty she is.

Moms Are Tweeting Photos of Their Bodies to Proclaim Their ‘Squishiness’

It all started when Pink fought back against body shaming.

ink is getting the squishy revolution started.

When the 35-year-old singer took to Twitter to defend her “squishy” belly, as her three-year-old daughter Willow described it, women immediately chimed in to share pictures and stories of their own bodies.

The outpouring of support comes after Pink spoke out on Sunday about being shamed on social media. “I can see that some of you are concerned about me from your comments about my weight,” she tweeted after pictures of her at a cancer benefit surfaced online. “While I admit that that dress didn’t photograph as well as it did in my kitchen, I will also admit that I felt very pretty. In fact, I feel beautiful.”

Then came the photo that launched the “squishy” revolution: Pink wearing the same black dress she wore to the gala, holding daughter Willow’s hand, with a simple caption that answers Willow’s question about why she’s so squishy: “Because I’m happy baby.”

It turns out, lots of other women think of themselves as squishy, too—and they couldn’t be happier about it. Mothers replied to Pink with photos of themselves posing with their children, glowing after running a marathon, and yes, even suspended midair while pole dancing.

pics of other "squishy" moms at link.

http://www.takepart.com/article/2015...k-squishy-sexy
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

how ridiculous. she looks fine and - much more important - happy. her daughter is really cute.
    Alysheba likes this.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Elite Member

Love her! Fat? Where?

Love, cheesecake is awesome! I love it too and it loves me. I love how the rich and famous are coming out and saying they love to eat and do and not starve themselves. Makes me feel they are like me.
    Honey likes this.

I know, I loved the "Love, Cheesecake" line too. Good for her, and people are idiots. They have no idea what fat is, and shaming people for it is so useless.
    darksithbunny and Novice like this.

OMG her daughter is adorable!

I love her! She's so cool!
    Before you can judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. - Billy Connolly

Love her! She looks fabulous!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information