Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Penn Jilette (Penn and Teller) drops 105lbs

Default Penn Jilette (Penn and Teller) drops 105lbs

Disappearing Act! Penn Jillette Drops 105 Lbs.!

Getty / Twitter

Illusionist Penn Jillette is looking slim and trim these days, without help from his famous magic tricks.

Jillette, who is 6’7”, tells People that he dropped 105 pounds, going from 330 to 225, after his high blood pressure put him in the hospital.

“I was on six very powerful meds to bring the blood pressure down,” the 60-year-old told the mag. “My doctor said I needed to get my weight down, and if I brought it down 30 or 40 lbs. it would be a little easier to control. And then he said something in passing that completely blew my mind – he said, ‘If you got down to 230, you probably wouldn’t need any of the meds.’ ”
    How did he lose the weight? Penn went on an “extreme low-calorie program” eating about 1,000 calories per day between December and March.

Now, the “Wizard Wars” judge is in maintenance mode, and following Dr. Fuhrman’s Nutritarian diet, which excludes animal products, grains, sugar and salt.

“I eat unbelievable amounts of food but just very, very, very healthy food,” he said.

These days, the married father of two typically skips breakfast, eats a large salad for lunch with vinegar dressing, and ends the day with 3 lbs. of greens for dinner paired with black or brown rice with a veggie stew, and fruit for dessert. His go-to snacks are vegetables with vinegar or Tabasco.

“I could probably have a steak or a doughnut every couple of weeks, but I just haven’t felt like it,” Penn said. “When you’re feeling as bad as I felt, and you go to feeling as good as I feel, the temptation to go back to doing what you were doing when you felt bad is not very great.”

After he lost the weight, Jillette began working out. He likes the “scientific 7-minute workout,” weightlifting, juggling and 10-mile tricycle rides.

Thanks to all his hard work, the star has dropped about 10 sizes, and will soon be wearing a 34. The new size meant ordering new suits for his long-running “Penn and Teller” show at Rio in Las Vegas.

“It’s really expensive because the suits on the Penn & Teller Show cost a s**t ton, and so we had to get all new suits!”

Partner Teller had no comment.

http://extratv.com/2015/04/09/penn-jillettes-extreme-weight-loss-magician-drops-105-lbs/

if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Good for him! I hope he's able to maintain it. It sounds like a pretty strict spartan diet and those don't have the best track record in the long term. Hopefully he'll be one of the one's that don't regain.

Glad he's gotten healthier but his newfound lifestyle sounds like a jail sentence. And 1000 calories a day for a man (almost any man for that matter) that tall is a starvation diet. I too hope he can avoid the "rebound effect" associated with extreme diets and keep this weight off.
    Cinnamon*Girl and Palermo like this.
    Why do people say, "Grow some balls?" Balls are weak and sensitive. If you really want to get tough, grow a vagina. Those things take a pounding! ~ Betty White

He chose his ass over his face.

if you're so incensed that you can't fly your penis in public take it up with your state, arrange a nude protest, go and be the rosa parks of cocks or something - witchcurlgirl

Just saw him on Wed night (they both will meet with anyone outside the theater after their show). He looks great, and not as ass over face in person. His skin is settling back into place and he seems really healthy and comfortable with his new body.
    "Shopping tip: You can get shoes for a buck at the bowling alley."

He also turned Asian. lol Sounds like the same thing Clinton did, sans the Asian trick.

Damn he's ugly without the weight.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I luff him so much!

He's awesome. I also went to their Vegas show a year or so ago and I just loved him, very down-to-earth and generous talking to people after the show.

I think he looks good. And sometimes men in particular don't seem to have that strong a psychological attachment to food, so maybe he's fine for the long-term.

I saw them at my college theater and they called out the girl sitting next to me to go up and be sawed in half. I was simultaneously insanely jealous and relieved that they didn't pick me.

Penn stood outside after the show for autographs and kept saying "Here, on Comedy Central!" since that was his biggest claim to fame at that point.

Elite Member

Penn is getting a massive WELL DONE from me. He looks great.

Weight loss is bloody difficult (especially after you hit 30+ years of being on this planet) .. medications, stress, illness can and do cause absolute havoc on your chubby carcass, even if you eat healthy and do lots of exercise.. that blubber just doesn't budge .. it's frustrating beyond belief!

There are times where you just want to start up the nearest chainsaw and just cut all the blubber off .

But that's a great point Penn made about having the buy all new suits for their shows .. yikes .. weight loss (when it works) can be awesome, but it can also be expensive too .. and also the excess skin!

Shar pei puppies look gorgeous with all their excess skin.. but excess skin on humans.. not so much!

Thank you CFG.
    nana51 likes this.

Is that The Hoff next to him in the after pic?

Elite Member

His neck looks so long now. This is quite an accomplishment. I hope he is able to maintain this. That's the hard part!

Way to go, Penn! I still want to give a long, romantic embrace to Teller.
    Bombshell likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CornFlakegrl View Post

Partner Teller had no comment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information