Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: French actor Gerard Depardieu, 65, admits to drinking 14 bottles of wine a day

Default French actor Gerard Depardieu, 65, admits to drinking 14 bottles of wine a day

French actor Gerard Depardieu, 65, admits to drinking 14 bottles of wine a day - despite having a quintuple heart bypass

• Actor told a French film magazine: 'I can't drink like a normal person'
    • He also enjoys beer, pastis, champagne, vodka and whiskey during the day
    • 65-year-old says that he 'never gets drunk' despite voluminous intake

Published: 02:55 EST, 17 September 2014

Gerard Depardieu, the titan of French cinema and renowned bon vivant, claims he sometimes drinks up to 14 bottles of wine a day.
    Even a quintuple heart bypass operation 14 years ago does not seem to have tempered the actor's drinking, nor a serious motorcycle crash while over the legal limit.
    The 65-year-old Frenchmanís fondness for wine is such that he runs his own award-winning vineyard in the Medoc.
    He told French magazine So Film: 'I canít drink like a normal person. I can absorb 12, 13, 14 bottles per day.

Wine lover: Gerard Depardieu during a visit to the 'Vinexpo' international wine fair in Bordeaux, south-western France in 2005. He runs his own award-winning vineyard in the Medoc

'In the morning, it starts at home with champagne or red wine before 10am, then again champagne.'
    Gerard said he breaks up the wine intake with a little aniseed liqueur pastis.

He added: 'Then food, accompanied by two bottles of wine.

'In the afternoon, champagne, beer and more pastis at around 5pm, to finish off the bottle.
    'Later on, vodka and/or whisky. But Iím never totally drunk, just a little p*****d.
    'All you need is a 10-minute nap and voila, a slurp of rose wine and I feel as fresh as a daisy.
    'Anyway, Iím not going to die. Not now. I still have energy.'

Previously Depardieu made headlines after he was banned from an Air France flight for urinating in the aisle as it prepared to take off, forcing the plane to turn back to its parking spot.
    A passenger on the flight said Depardieu appeared to be drunk and insisted he be allowed to use the bathroom during takeoff, when passengers must remain seated.

Gťrard Depardieu cuts a slovenly figure with unkempt tresses as he sports personalised gilet around New York

Published: 11:47 EST, 8 December 2014

Gťrard, 65, dressed down for a trip into New York City, even braving the cold in a matching short-sleeved polo top.

Dressed down: Gerard Depardieu hit the streets of New York City in a personalised gilet with his name on it on Sunday afternoon

The 20-stone actor neglected his grooming regime, leaving thin strands of untamed hair around the sides of his tinted shades.

yeah... I think he just got on my list for 2015. If he even makes it that long.
    What if Superman is psychotic and everyone can see that he's Clark Kent but they just play along not to set him off?

Okay, a bottle of wine is about 600 calories (or more). 14 x 600 = 8,400.

So, WITHOUT FACTORING FOOD IN (and you know he's shoveling it down), Depardieu is supposedly taking in 8,400 calories a day in just alcohol. Once again, before factoring in food. So, let's say he is eating 2,000 calories of food a day. That would bring his daily caloric consumption to 10,400 calories.

Depardieu weighs 20 stone or 280 pounds, or 127 kg. According to the this weight maintenance calculator Depardieu should be at 2,800 calories a day to maintain his impressive girth.

Every excess 3,500 calories in consumption equals an extra pound in weight. Depardieu is drinking and eating enough to gain an extra 2 pounds (.9 kg) every day.

He is full of piss and vinegar and is going to explode!

I just do not think it's possible to drink that much in one day, let alone every day. I don't believe him.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

This was posted awhile back and I doubted that anyone could consume that much too!

Gerard Depardieu says he drinks 14 bottles of wine a day

Andre the giant drank like that, but I think he was an extremely unusual case. And he was slightly bigger than Gerard.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    Andre the giant drank like that, but I think he was an extremely unusual case. And he was slightly bigger than Gerard.
    I remember reading some amazing stories about Andre the Giant's drinking capacity. I went over to his Wiki entry. He was 7'4" tall, and weighed 500 pounds and up throughout his career.

His beer drinking was legendary and has numerous witnesses to substantiate it. He had consumed 120 beers (11 gallons) in six hours. To put it in perspective, that would be drinking a beer every 3 minutes for 6 hours.

His piss output must have prodigious
    Bombshell and Laurent like this.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

kasippu and Beeyotch like this.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I might need this for xmas with the family.
    Beeyotch and Laurent like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Okay, a bottle of wine is about 600 calories (or more). 14 x 600 = 8,400.

So, WITHOUT FACTORING FOOD IN (and you know he's shoveling it down), Depardieu is supposedly taking in 8,400 calories a day in just alcohol. Once again, before factoring in food. So, let's say he is eating 2,000 calories of food a day. That would bring his daily caloric consumption to 10,400 calories.

Depardieu weighs 20 stone or 280 pounds, or 127 kg. According to the this weight maintenance calculator Depardieu should be at 2,800 calories a day to maintain his impressive girth.

Every excess 3,500 calories in consumption equals an extra pound in weight. Depardieu is drinking and eating enough to gain an extra 2 pounds (.9 kg) every day.
    I really don't think it's possible to drink that much, but if he really is that much of an heavy drinker, I don't think he eats much: in my experience, heavy drinkers tend to eat very little.
    Kittylady likes this.

I'd be curious to measure his intake and output for a day. I'm shocked his kidneys and liver haven't staged a revolt.

No wonder he can't take a flight without pissing himself. He needs a catheter for flights. But I'm betting he'd probably have to hoof it to the pot to empty his bag before landing.
    Laurent likes this.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Every time i see a picture of him i got that weird feeling he ll explode any second and rotten food and drink will blow and pour around and cover the room.Then i gross myself out..
    rollo and Kittylady like this.
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

I just got a flash in my brain of Mr. Creosote from Monty Python's The Meaning of Life.

sputnik and twitchy2.0 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information