Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By A*O
  • 2 Post By macmini707
  • 2 Post By MohandasKGanja

Thread: Robyn Lawley: ‘We need to accept our natural size. Women’s weight is tarnished’

Default Robyn Lawley: ‘We need to accept our natural size. Women’s weight is tarnished’

Before I get to the topic of this post, I wanted to mention some awesome news from the world of fashion. The world’s top modelling agency, ING, has announced that they will now be casting all types of talentregardless of size, race, and age.” This is excellent progress and a grand move towards acceptance of all body types and races in fashionmagazines and on the catwalk. Hurrah!

Perhaps model Robyn Lawley will move over to ING at some point. She’s currently with Wilhelmina New York and New Madison (in Paris). This is her new ad campaign for Chantell Paris, which has created a new La Lingerie Noire bra line to from from 32A to 44H. Robyn is not technically plus-sized, but that’s how she rolls in the fashion industry. The 24-year-old Aussie is 6’2″ and a size 12, and she’s been on a wicked good crusade for acceptance of all body types. Robyn has spoken out against the real women have curves brigade and defended herself against thigh gap criticism from pro-ana groups. She recently stopped by the Ellen Show to talk more about the thigh gap problem:

Robyn’s ultimate message:
    “We need to accept our natural size. Women’s weight is really tarnished. When any celebrity woman gains weight we ridicule them, and we don’t think about the consequences to young girls. We should focus on what we say to each other. I’m all about finding your set natural weight and being happy at that weight. Don’t try and force yourself down — I can’t be skinny, that’s just my bone structure.”

Her early career: “Even at my absolute skinniest, I wasn’t skinny enough to model. IT was a really traumatic experience, I was 16 … to hate your body so much, to hold it responsible for not working and for holding your life back. It was a huge turnaround when I started plus-size modeling. I gave up and stopped caring. I felll in love with food again, I started a food blog and dedicated my life to just loving food.”

[From The Ellen Show]

Cele|bitchy | Robyn Lawley: ‘We need to accept our natural size. Women’s weight is tarnished’

Yeah she's definitely not plus-sized in my little world.

she's beautiful and yeah, nowhere hear plus-sized in the real world.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

They're "Plus Sized Models" which is different plus sized women. She's a beautiful girl and I hope she doesn't go all Crystal Renn. Crystal looked gorgeous with weight on her.

A*O

Yeah, size 12 is manatee territory [ rolls eyes].

Pet Theory # 63528: High fashion models will always be super skinny twigs because the (mostly) gay men who design the clothes think the "perfect" human body is that of a skinny male. No tits or arse, ew.
    Kittylady likes this.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Bronze Member

Hi men..

Sexy

Sexy lady

Oh sexy lady
    Last edited by twitchy2.0; November 29th, 2013 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Merged four posts
    *Kat* and BlameItOnVanity like this.

I would say hello back to you, but I am not a man so I feel excluded.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

well, i AM a sexy lady ... so "hi"
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by macmini707 View Post
    Hi men..

Sexy

Sexy lady

Oh sexy lady
    As a straight male, I want to say that I really like how Twitchy reshapes newbie troll posts to be more palatable. All this needs now is a Barry White soundtrack.
    A*O and funky_chicken like this.

Thread Information