Login to remove the ads!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Biel: “I dream of food: cake, pasta, bread and croissants”‎

Default Jessica Biel: “I dream of food: cake, pasta, bread and croissants”‎

She always looks in tip top condition and is the envy of many a female observer.
    But Jessica Biel laments the strict diet regimes she has to endure when preparing for her film roles, saying they leave her miserable.
    The 29-year-old lets her feelings known during an appearance on the Graham Norton Show on BBC One.

MiseraBiel: Jessica Biel says the strict diets she endures while preparing for film roles can make her feel down during an appearance on the Graham Norton Show on BBC One

Jessica, who was on the show alongside her A-Team co-star Bradley Cooper, was surprisingly candid about how she felt during the interview.
    Speaking about staying in shape for her film roles, she said: 'You spend months and months training and doing crazy diets. It’s the hardest experience. You look great but you are miserable.
    'I literally dream of food. Cake, pasta, bread and croissants are in my head the whole time, that’s all I can think about.'

Read more: Jessica Biel laments the strict diets she has to endure in the name of her film roles | Mail Online

I would probably do the same thing. I mean starving my self to get paid this kind of money. So, I don't feel sorry for her, at least she is honest about it. I think she looks gorgeous.

Yeah I guess it's worth it for all that money. But for me life's too short!
    I saw DEATH, an anorexic penguin, an overcooked Gollum, Mr. Burns in need of a haircut and a methed-up Riff Raff.--Michael K. on Phil Spector

There is a documentary coming up about a model's take on what she has to do to retain her tiny form; she's tall and weighs about what I do, a hundred pounds.

She doesn't speak about drugs but she fasts rigorously and she doesn't drink fluids of any kind, not even water, a good twenty-four hours before she hits the runway as water "bloats my middle."

I am only 5'4" and if any of you peeps want diet advice, look no further. I'm a former anorexic and know many tricks.

I am no longer anorexic, though I might look as if I am.

Important tips:

• Never drink fluid of any kind, be it beer, soda, wine, water half an hour before you eat and half an hour after you finish eating.

For some reason, the combination of liquid/food isn't good in your belly. Perhaps a biologist could explain why the fact that liquid and foods combined aren't good for you and promote a tendency to gain wait.

I see people sipping water, wine and other beverages while they eat sometimes while I am out and I just cringe. It's the worst thing in the world to do, it really is, so try not to do this.

• Take the three square meals a day theory and toss it out the window. Seriously.

Eat six or seven small meals or snacks per day, always remembering to include oily fish such as sardines or smoked oysters or mussels if you like fish. If you don't like fish, you should. Think of the pleasure of eating this way...you can have a chocolate Bavarian custard-filled donut for your fourth meal. I don't like chocolate or sweets unless it's hangover Monday, in which case I will indulge in a sinful donut or an eclair.

You can eat anything that you want to, a slice of apple pie, or some poutine as long as it's a smallish portion. You don't feel deprived and you don't have to give up the foods that you love.

• Walk. Don't run. And that goes for jogging, too. Unless you know what you are doing, can the running and jogging -- done improperly, the latter can injure and hurt your back, so walk. Go on a power walk for about thirty minutes a day. Why join a gym -- it's free on the streets and sidewalks, and besides, you never know what you'll find on the streets!

For those of us who live in northern climes, such as I do, if the winter isn't to your liking, power walk around an indoor mall, but leave your cash and credit cards at home.

I like the winter so I go out in the snow and cold all the time, unless it's really windy and icy, such as in brutal February. I don't relish -20 C temps and howling northwest winds, either.

• It takes more energy to walk through freshly-fallen snow than it does to walk on clear sidewalks. The hop, skip and jumping over snowbanks is excellent exercise as well.

• If living in a northern clime, lower your thermostat and don't keep your home blasting at about 72 degrees F. That's just silly, never mind wasteful. Learn to live in a cooler home, your body will have to work harder to stay warm and you'll burn more calories than you know by keeping your house at a steady 60 F or lower.

• Got stairs in your home? I do! There are two stairs leading from our living room area to our kitchen and I'm up and down those stairs constantly.

We also have a back room that we call "The Retreat", that's a good ten steps right there. Run up and down the stairs a few times a day when it's too cold for you to go out. Your legs, figure and your heart will thank you for it come spring time!

Oh, are you a foot-tapper, legs-crossed swinging, pen snapping to some unheard tune that only you can hear...do you twitch? Go for it! Twitching and nervous pen-tapping, foot-swinging behaviour burns calories. I am very restless, eyes darting about, with one leg swinging all the time. I'm a real twitch!

The absolute best way to keep weight in check is monitor how you eat and take some exercise. It never fails.
    Last edited by Pippin; December 4th, 2011 at 09:39 PM.

Oh, I forgot...my favourite food in the world is carbs. Never mind that low-carb diet. I'd die if I couldn't have my mac 'n' cheese, pasta bows with chicken, onion, garlic and copious amounts of soy sauce, or my favourite brown veggie rice.

I do eat whole wheat grains, though, pasta, rice and the bread that I eat are all whole wheat. I can't stomach white bread. It tastes like and to me has the texture of cotton wool.

Remember I had a father who was born in Poland and we didn't have white bread in our house. It was disallowed, same as Kraft sliced cheese, the orange slices. Me late sainted dad used to call that cheese "linoleum"!

Hit By Ban Bus!

her face looks like john denver

While I understand the need for a model to have a specific body type (not saying that it should be the anorexic type as it is now) - they are talking about movies here and I don't really get the need of having super thin women.
    Unless an actress is playing the part of a supermodel or a super hero, there shouldn't be a limit to a person's body type, imho.
    I mean, if a person like her starves for a month before filming, will we really see the difference? I don't think it makes any sense.
    a) because she's playing a role and not walking around in her underwear like a VS model and
    b) if she's supposed to be a "normal" person, she doesn't need to have an unnatural kind of body.

That is a very valid point. I think it comes down to the fact that actresses are critiqued very harshly. There is a ridiculous standard and they all feel the pressure to be the hottest plus the general population (aka us) are not so forgiving to perceived imperfections. Jiggly bums and dippled thighs will never happen in a Hollywood production.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

I dont understand the need for her to be skinny as well. Or maybe if she could actually act and not just look like a confused closet lesbian trying too hard to get every dick in present hard she wouldnt have to rely on her looks that much.
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

Being a beard I would think she dreams of saucisse! (or is he her beard, I keep forgetting)

She looks super fit and toned 365 days a year so I really don't see the reason why she has to diet before a movie. The same applies to all the Victoria Secret models. They always look good and yet they diet before the shows.

^^ i agree. i admire her for her discipline, but i don't think all the dieting is really worth it and makes that much of a difference if you already have a perfect body to begin with.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

She's undereating if she's fantasizing about food. That really is a miserable place to be. Her diet is already good, I'm sure if she ate a little bit more, her weight would stabilize and she'd stop wanting cake and cookies.

I fantasize about food in my dreams too and I am surely not undereating :-).

I read she was the total bitch last saturday on German Live Television, I blame her diet if she is miserable then.
    sharp as Angie's square jaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information