Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miley Cyrus And Demi Lovato Love Their Curves

Default Miley Cyrus And Demi Lovato Love Their Curves

Miley Cyrus And Demi Lovato Love Their Curves

First Posted: 11/14/11 01:57 PM ET Updated: 11/14/11 10:53 PM ET

It's refreshing to see celebrities saying something nice about each other for a change.

Although they haven't always been friends, former Disney stars Miley Cyrus and Demi Lovato, must be getting along these days.

On Nov. 11, Miley used her celebrity status and hefty Twitter following, to speak out against the insane and dangerous expectations of beauty.

It isn't clear exactly what prompted the rant, but the 18-year-old singer and actress first tweeted a photo of an emaciated woman:

"By calling girls like me fat this is what you're doing to other people. i love MYSELF & if you could say the same."

Miley followed up that tweet by posting a photo of Marilyn Monroe with the words, "PROOF that you can be adored by thousands of men, even when your thighs touch."

Lovato who has gained some weight in recent months, following treatment for an eating disorder, re-tweeted the photo and replied to Miley, writing: "AMEN!"

Something must have hit a nerve, because Miley passionately replied back:

"@ddlovato AMEN! I will destroy any one that ever calls you the F word. You have the SEXIIIESTTTT curvyyyy body! I LOVE IT! #werkthosecurves"

Demi seemed truly grateful for the kind words, and returned the compliment:

"@MileyCyrus god I love you. SO DO YOU!!! And whoever called you that has it coming. Miss you more than ever," she wrote. "@MileyCyrus ps SO proud of you for posting that! #curvesareBEAUTIFUL"

The pressure for starlets like Demi and Miley to live up to societal expectations of beauty is intense, and it's refreshing to see both of them speaking out against what is clearly a problem in Hollywood and rest of the world.

It's estimated that up to 24 million Americans suffer from an eating disorder yet celebrities are constantly berated for changes in their physical appearance, even after acknowledging they are suffering from the disease.

Lovato became a trending topic on Twitter in August, when mean-spirited Twitter users commented on her post-rehab figure.

Rather than ignoring the mean tweets, Lovato stood up to the online bullies, tweeting:

"I've gained weight. Get over it. That's what happens when you get out of treatment for AN EATING DISORDER."

Kudos to both Miley and Demi for speaking up, since eating disorders are rampant in Hollywood:
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Someone called Miley fat?? Neither of these girls is big

^Bu they're both dumb as a single box of rocks. Demi put that dress on backwards for crying out loud and Miley is a Cyrus.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

hmm, id do both of them
    we don't have to make love to have an orgasm

I can see the likes of Cyrus (who has been without much attention in recent months) posting something like this unprompted just so millions of people will tell her how hot and awesome her body is. I smell self-induced insult.

Miley loves her curves? What curves? Shes still stick thin.

Has Miley done anything lately?
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Hit By Ban Bus!

miley is the world's biggest attention whore and demi is the most fucked-up insecure person in showbiz

Elite Member

I think it's kind of nice for them to be supporting each other instead of tearing each other down.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I think it's kind of nice for them to be supporting each other instead of tearing each other down.
    I agree. At least these are positive messages.

Miley is a 2x4, but I'll go ahead and say it's nice to see some positive exchanges on Twitter between celebs instead of the usual hate they spew.
    All you can do at life is play along and hope that sometimes you get it right.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Melyanna View Post
    I agree. At least these are positive messages.
    everybody seems to have forgotten the youtube video where miley made fun of demi's teeth. miley even had to apologize for it

uh, what curves miley?
    "You didn't hear it from me, bitch!"

Quote Originally Posted by click View Post
    everybody seems to have forgotten the youtube video where miley made fun of demi's teeth. miley even had to apologize for it
    i totally forgot about that. why is demi even talking to her, i'm sure that video contributed to her problems.

i found the video:

[YOUTUBE]IS THIS WHY NICK BROKE UP WITH MEANY MILEY CYRUS? - YouTube[/YOUTUBE]

IS THIS WHY NICK BROKE UP WITH MEANY MILEY CYRUS? - YouTube

(i don't know why i can't post videos, they never show up.)
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Elite Member

Well, maybe Miley's grown up a little...OK, stop laughing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information