NY Comic Con: Flabby Versions of Your Favorite Superheroes!

Ever wondered what Batman would look like fat? Read on, true believer!

Jordan Burchette
Comic [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]book[/COLOR][/COLOR] conventions are among the few remaining refuges of sincere, unaffected fun in an otherwise odious leisurescape of extreme binge drinking set to techno or gun claps. They're enjoyed by people of literally every age, ethnicity and economic disadvantage in celebration of the stories and [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]characters[/COLOR][/COLOR] on which they were all raised. It's a bully-free zone in which underwear is in no danger of violently wedgie-ing its wearer and freak flags are free to fly. Nowhere is this more evident than in the practice of costume play, or cosplay.

This year, attendees all appear to have colluded in advance to imagine the most popular heroes and villains of comics, movies and anime as doughy, sickly, weak, infirm or, in the most impressive examples, morbidly obese. What we observed was a testament to the imagination and resourcefulness of the [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]comic [COLOR=blue ! important]book[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] fan, a live "What If?" comic, if you will, contemplating how our heroes would look close to death.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we got to see cool stuff like Captain America's costume from the upcoming Avengers movie. But our subjects had no need for athletic-cut performance wear like this. The theme was Homely Heroes and no bodily dimension was too great in their pursuit of squat glory.

"Avengers dishevel!!!"

"I am vengeance. I am the night. I am thankful for Denny's late menu."

"This is madness."
"This… IS… SBARRO'S!!!"

[COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]Certified [COLOR=blue !important]Public [/COLOR][COLOR=blue !important]Accountant[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] Magneto, master of pragmatism!

Now THIS is what Eastern European female agents really used to look like in the 1980s.

Tubby Hawaii Five-0! Brilliant!!!

NY Comic Con: Flabby Versions of Your Favorite Superheroes! - Men's Fitness

I just think this is soooo fucking mean!! I mean really. Totally uncalled for!!

I have a lot of respect for Cosplayers who have the courage to do what they do!
That is a place that is suppose to be the safe zone. You don't have to worry about people making fun of you.

This just REALLY pissed me off!

BUT....They were not finished yet!! They must of had some backlash on their FB page & Twitter because of their status update:

Men's Fitness Magazine
We actually really like Comic Con, so please try to have a sense of humor, K?

I hope 4chan goes after the author of this crap.

Edited to add: I'm not sure if this was an article on just the website, or the magazine as well....I don't look at magazine websites, so I don't know if they post the same articles that go in the magazine......I'm not the brightest star in the sky