Thread: 'People who say they can't lose weight are lying': Mila Kunis on losing 20lb

Default 'People who say they can't lose weight are lying': Mila Kunis on losing 20lb

'People who say they can't lose weight are lying': Mila Kunis on how losing 20lb for Black Swan changed her views on body image

Read more: Black Swan star Mila Kunis says 'people who say they can't lose weight are lying' | Mail Online

She shed an astonishing 20lb from her already slim frame to play a ballerina in Oscar-winning movie Black Swan.
    And now Mila Kunis has admitted losing the weight has entirely changed her views on body image.
    The 27-year-old actress, a self-confessed 'foodie', said she was stunned with how much her body was capable of changing.

She told the new issue of Britain's Glamour magazine: 'I don’t think I ever fully realised what a human body is capable of doing. But I think I was also, in a beautiful way, incredibly naïve.

'I believed I could do anything. I never for one moment thought that I couldn’t do it. I believe in hard work. In self-drive and self-worth.
    'I'm a huge foodie, I love food. But when people say, "I can’t lose weight", no no no, you can. Your body can do everything and anything, you just have to want to do it.'

Mila, who was born in Chernivtsi in the Ukrainian SSR, also revealed she finds it difficult to accept that people find her attractive - despite the fact she won Spike TV’s Guys’ Choice award this summer for the Holy Grail of Hot.
    Talking about the award, Mila laughed: 'It’s insane. Listen, I couldn’t be happier to get any of this, because I think it’s hysterical and it makes all my friends laugh.
    'If somebody finds me attractive, God bless them, I think it’s fantastic.'

Mila added the reason she is able to stay so refreshingly grounded in the movie industry is because she stays positive

She said: 'I’m in an industry based on rejection. On negativity and let-downs.

'People are rejected every single day purely based on opinion, about who’s a good actress, who’s a bad actress, who’s pretty, who’s ugly, who’s fat, who’s skinny.

'So why go there? You have to have a positive outlook. Otherwise you’re in a very dark place.'
    Mila can next be seen in this summer's hottest romcom, Friends With Benefits, alongside Justin Timberlake.

Slimming down: Mila looking curvier back in 2001, and showing off her figure in a tight red dress at a premiere last month

The title of the article is misleading. She didn't actually say people are lying.

Very misleading title.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Good old Daily Fail with the misleading titles.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Yeah, totally misleading title. She didn't say that they're lying at all.

smf

i workout every other day and all it seems to do is maintain my weight .im not big or anything but it just seems useless lol ,i agree with her people need to stop eating such junk and eat foods that give the bodywhat it needs

Elite Member

ok when an obviously naturally thin person loses weight and then wants to comment forgive me if i dont want to hear it

Maybe it's the camera angle, but she's sure got some big ol' feet in that first picture.

i dont think she ever looked like she lost 20 pounds. that's a TON of weight for a petite person like her and i doubt she has ever weighed more than 115 at her highest

I thought the girl was bordering on too skinny in Friends With Benefits; I don't know if that was just residual from Black Swan or what. Personally, I think she looks better closer to 115 than 95. Gorgeous either way though. I do believe she's being genuine about the 20 lbs, but I don't think the pictures they chose are a good comparison.

Slimming down: Mila looking curvier back in 2001, and showing off her figure in a tight red dress at a premiere last month
    they have no idea what the word "curvier" means
    Quote Originally Posted by VeraGemini View Post
    Maybe it's the camera angle, but she's sure got some big ol' feet in that first picture.
    She dieted away 20 pounds of foot.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Lady, try having two toddlers while working a 50-60 hour work week then come talk to me!!

I used to work out constantly- 4 days a week, a minimum of 2 hours each day- until I had kids. Now I'm literally lucky to go anywhere other than work, home and the grocery store. And I would KILL to work out. Or to eat earlier than 9 pm!!!
    "Thankfully I'm an educated multi-millionaire who knows better than to speak to perverted unjust cops without my lawyer. "
    "I think she's psychotic...what do I do?" - Jenny Schecter

Quote Originally Posted by NickiDrea View Post
    Lady, try having two toddlers while working a 50-60 hour work week then come talk to me!!

I used to work out constantly- 4 days a week, a minimum of 2 hours each day- until I had kids. Now I'm literally lucky to go anywhere other than work, home and the grocery store. And I would KILL to work out. Or to eat earlier than 9 pm!!!
    Vouch (but without the kids) plus she's 26/27? Even I was skinny then!
    Come see me post-menopause, post-40, then we'll talk...

Thread Information