Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alison Sweeney lost 30 pounds

Default Alison Sweeney lost 30 pounds

She rose to fame playing the vivacious Sammi Brady on hit US soap opera Days Of Our Lives.
    But after becoming the host of weight-loss reality show The Biggest Loser, actress Alison Sweeney found the inspiration to change her body for good.

In a candid new interview the 34-year-old mother of two shares how she changed her diet and fitness regimen to lose an impressive 30lbs.

Glowing: Biggest Loser host Alison Sweeney shows off her own weight loss in this months SELF magazine

Curvy: The actress was bigger back in 2008

'In my early 20s, I’d eat a tub of lowfat ice cream and be like, "Why am I having weight problems?’" she told Self magazine in an honest new interview.

But it was her husband of 11 years who originally helped change her attitude towards her weight.
    'Dave, my husband, whom I was dating then, finally said, ‘Why do you complain? You’re beautiful already, but if you want to do something about it, do it. You pursue your career, but you don’t attack your weight.’ It was loving but an eye-opener. That was when I turned things around.'
    At 5ft 4in, the actress admitted she has struggled with her weight for most of her life.
    'I've been on Days since I was 16, and being surrounded by such thin, gorgeous actresses made me so insecure and self-conscious,' she said, claiming that at her heaviest, was a size 12.
    But joining the cast of The Biggest Loser in 2007 had a huge effect on the way she tackled her issues.

Slim: The Days Of Our Lives star said hosting the show kept her fitness in check

'On my first day of Loser, I ended up in the lunch line in front of Jillian and was like, "I have to pick stuff before she does?" At that moment I realized how uneducated I was.'
    'I asked her for advice, and she rocked my world.'
    'I wasn’t eating the right kinds of calories. I didn’t know about healthy carbs such as brown rice and lentils. Now I eat small meals throughout the day: oatmeal with cinnamon to start, fruit and yogurt as a snack, and vegetables or salad with chicken or tuna, and a healthy carb, like a yam, for lunch.'

Cover girl: Alison looks pretty in summery white trousers and a striped tank

'I avoid carbs at dinner and usually have a salad - I love lettuce. I’m a rabbit!'
    And the mother of two also squeezes in time to workout whenever she can.

'I maintain by going to Spin four or five days a week. I love that I can get a solid butt-kicking in 40 minutes. I also strength train two or three times a week. And I do yoga, which I now enjoy so much, when I can. I look forward to it.'

Read more: Biggest Loser host Alison Sweeney: How I lost 30lbs and kept it off | Mail Online
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

I like her. She looks good.

Well considering she is on The Biggest Loser she better keep the weight off. I think she looks great.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

she has been on Days of Our Lives for ever. She played a heavyset teen. Then she lost all that weight, and it looks good on her. She wasn't ugly as a heavy person either.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

She's been looking good in candids too. The weight loss suits her, though she's always carried herself well.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

She looks great. I have always really liked her, she seems like a down to earth nice person.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

She is so pretty. I thought she looked kind of like Miss Piggy when she first started out on DOOL, but the weight loss did a lot for her face. And she does seem nice, too.

Gold Member

If I was I chunky and millions hung over my head I would lose weight too.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

she looks really good on Days, especially for having 2 kids imo but I also think she had her boobs done; either a reduction or implants removed

I like her - she has a good, but attainable body.

And I love superbitch Sammi on DoOL.

I first started watching DOOL when she ruined Carrie and Austin's wedding claiming she was pregnant with Austin's child...I hated her back then, but she always seemed super nice outside the show.

I think she looks great! I swear she doesn't age either...
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

its funny cuz I used to hate her and Sammi the fucknut from hell; but now I like both of them

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenna View Post
    She is so pretty. I thought she looked kind of like Miss Piggy when she first started out on DOOL, but the weight loss did a lot for her face. And she does seem nice, too.
    I can remember watching DOOL as a kid/teen and they had a bulimia storyline for her. I was about the same age and remember wondering if they were doing that as some sort of a hint to her (and also thinking that bulimia must not work all that well). That couldn't have been easy on her as a young actress.

I think she looks great. And I totally want her hair.

She's not all that famous yet this bitch is everwhere
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

Elite Member

I feel like she's done this interview before...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information