Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Raven Symone done gone anorexic

Default Raven Symone done gone anorexic

via ontd:

Raven-Symone fans worried about their icon's weight loss

Raven-Symone unveiled a new body on Thursday night. Seen at the ABC Upfront Presentation at Beauty & Essex in New York City, the former Disney star once again appeared on the red carpet with another look. This time it was again dramatic weight loss.

Last time we saw Raven she was at the People’s Choice Awards in January and there she revealed a new body image as well. However, tonight on the red carpet, she looked ill and unhealthy. Stopping to allow the cameras to take photos from every angle, it was obvious she was proud of her new weight. Looking at least 20 pounds lighter than the last red carpet in Los Angeles 15 weeks ago, she definitely has made the transformation to the thin side.

Raven Symone has always been chubby. Sharing with young women it didn’t matter your body type, she had ladies feeling good about themselves and her television show on Disney exemplified this message as well. Today, growing up in show business, she obviously has been struggling getting work and had to slim down to find jobs. Perhaps too slimmed down though as she now looks ill.

Take a look at the Raven Symone photos from New York City on Thursday night. Check out how she is hiding behind her hair in some of the photos. Fans are now worried Raven Symone has gone the other extreme with her weight issues.

She doesn't look dangerously thin.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

She'd look better with a little more weight on her but not as big as she was before, imo.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

Umm..she looks fine..

Anorexic???!!!
    She looks fine, maybe she should tone up a bit. And should NOT gain weight.

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    She doesn't look dangerously thin.
    No, but she lost the weight dangerously fast. A sure sign of either an eating disorder or a tummy tuck. I vote the former, because she looks like death warmed over, regardless of her weight.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

She doesn't looks too thin or ill to me, she just looks thinner than we're used to seeing her. I don't think this last 20 lbs over 15 weeks seems like quick weight loss. That's like 1.3 lbs a week, which is a reasonable, slow weight loss I think.

fgg

It has got to be more than 20 lbs. She looks grumpy.
    Posted from my iPhone

^ She's lost way more than 20 lbs. The article just mentioned that she appeared to have lost 20 more lbs in the 15 weeks since she appeared in January already looking thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    No, but she lost the weight dangerously fast. A sure sign of either an eating disorder or a tummy tuck. I vote the former, because she looks like death warmed over, regardless of her weight.
    That's the problem, and we all know what happens in these cases, the rebound effect a la kirstie alley.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    It has got to be more than 20 lbs. She looks grumpy.
    Posted from my iPhone
    Cause she hungry

She doesn't look unhealthy, though I am concerned about this much weight loss without gaining any muscle(?) That implies unhealthy weight loss.

Anyhoo, at least she isn't dressed like a clown.
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

I think she's a healthy weight, she looks totally fine.

Anorexics can be a normal weight, doesn't mean they're healthy mentally or physically. It's how fast she lost the weight and how miserable she looks that is a red flag.
    And so, I will keep fighting to make the US a more progressive, multi-cultural country, and my fight starts on GossipRocks - mikesandy

If you go check out gettyimages her weight loss has been apparent since late 2010...it looks as though it's been a gradual process, however though, she looked MUCH more happy and confident when she was curvy.

I agree with everyone saying that she doesn't look too thin at the moment...but that does not automatically rule out that she is engaging in unhealthy practices and/or means of losing weight. An "average" or even slightly overweight woman could just as easily have the same anorexic mind-set of someone who actually appears anorexic. It's not about the actual appearance, it's about what is going on in the brain.

I remember before I became anorexic, I was probably only about 10-15 lbs overweight, I had a little middle school chub and saw myself as a lot bigger than I actually was. Well, once the weight started dropping it didn't take long for me to actually become underweight.

I'd say that if more pictures of her come out soon and she's lost even more weight, maybe there is a problem.

Here's a pic of her from January:

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information