Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victoria Beckham bans size zero models in New York Fashion Week show

Default Victoria Beckham bans size zero models in New York Fashion Week show

She might be a super svelte size six with not an inch of fat on her, but Victoria Beckham has banned size zero models in her New York Fashion Week runway show.
    Ahead of her highly anticipated catwalk display, Posh showcased her own collarbones in an elegant knee-length dress at Bergdorf Goodman’s Fashion’s Night Out yesterday.
    But the Spice Girl-turned designer’s Spring 2011 collection will be modelled by healthy girls who look ‘realistic’ to encourage a positive image to impressionable teens.

Skinny snub: Victoria Beckham won't let any models smaller than a size six onto her catwalk

Mrs Beckham, 36, reportedly denied 12 models from appearing in her show after deeming them ‘too skinny’, according to the Daily Mirror.
    And despite her own weight continuously being under scrutiny, Victoria claims she does eat properly and puts her thin frame down to being a busy mother-of-three and hectic business woman.
    None of the models on her catwalk will be smaller than a size six and her runway show is set to see Sarah Jessica Parker, Mary J Blige, Tom Ford and Kristin Davis in the front row.

Sultry sophistication: Posh looked every inch a style guru last night ahead of her New York Fashion Week show, where she'll display her Spring 2011 range

David Beckham’s glamorous other half looked every bit a style goddess last night as she attended Fashion’s Night Out in New York City.
    Her subtle yet sophisticated ensemble exuded sultry sex appeal and she looked ready to wow audiences on Manhattan’s catwalk.

And earlier in the day she made a pretty good job of the catwalk strut on a New York street as the in-demand designer headed out in the Big Apple.
    She was also keen to share details of her roadside appearance with her fans.
    Victoria, 36, tweeted details of her outfit - Isabel Marant, Laboutains [sic] and new #vbeckham glasses. X VB ' - on social networking site Twitter.

Making a dash for it: Busy Victoria Beckham puts in another stunning appearance as she leaves her New York base to continue preparations for her show on Sunday

A newcomer to the Twitter phenomena, Mrs Beckham has been making up for lost time with daily updates of her movements, inspirations and thoughts.

But clearly tweeting on the move is a skill she hasn't quite mastered as she misspelt the famous French shoe designer Christian Louboutin's name wrong.

She soon corrected the misspelling blaming it on her new phone.

Enlarge

And today I'm wearing: Victoria tweeted details of her outfit on social networking site Twitter which she's now using to update her fans

Victoria looked extremely chic in the figure flattering A-line grey dress with a plunging neckline which she accessorised with a very proper black handbag.

She was seen leaving her New York base as she headed to more model castings and preparation for her show at Fashion Week.

New York's Spring Summer 2011 Fashion Week kicked off this week at the Lincoln Center.

Last night's Fashion’s Night Out, was timed to coincide with the start of New York Fashion Week, and is the brainchild of Vogue Editor Anna Wintour.

Sashay: Slimline Victoria looks as if she should be on the catwalk

Meanwhile, celebrated designer Roland Mouret who shares the same manager as Victoria, American Idol producer Simon Fuller, has bought back the rights to his name and is planning to open his first standalone store in London, next spring.
    The French born-designer quit at the height of his career - just as his figure-enhancing dresses - in particular The Galaxy - had become a staple on fashion's front line.
    He suddenly announced in October 2005 that he was quitting after a fall out with his business partners, Andre and Sharai Meyers, who owned 100% of the business and left Mouret unable to design under his own name.

Read more: Skinny Victoria Beckham bans size zero models in New York Fashion Week show | Mail Online
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

She wants to make sure she's the skinniest one there.

There is no way in hell Victoria is a 6. I'm a size zero, and I'm bigger than she is.

^^ Maybe it's British sizing, which would make her a US 2 (I think).

i think the retards at the daily fail can't tell the difference between uk and us sizes and use them both at the same time.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    She wants to make sure she's the skinniest one there.
    Like Prince not letting anyone taller than him into his immediate vicinity.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

"Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

And I am a US 2 and she looks thinner than me...hmmm
    My grace is sufficient for you, for my my strength is made perfect in weakness...I love you dad!
    Rip Mom

I'm a US 6 & she's waaaaay smaller than me! My clothes would swallow her up. No way she's a 6, at least not in US size.

I don't get it either, if she is a size 6 then how do size zero girls look LOL

I think they meant she is UK6 (I'm 8-10 and this seems about right) but what is that in US size?

Yes, they mean UK size 6.

This coming from a rather emaciated-looking woman is kind of funny but anyway, that's still a good decision, and there's nothing wrong I could say to deny that.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    I don't get it either, if she is a size 6 then how do size zero girls look LOL

I think they meant she is UK6 (I'm 8-10 and this seems about right) but what is that in US size?
    I think it's a US size 2 but I'm not certain.

That's great of you,Vicky.Next step:ban yourself!

A*O

Haters! She can't help being anorexic, erm, I mean "slim". It's genetic. Hypocricy rules as usual.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

is she referring to these models?

Victoria Beckham: NY Fashion Week Presentation! | Victoria Beckham : Just Jared

because they don't really look "healthier" than any other models.

"This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information