Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nikki Blonsky doesn't care what people think

Default Nikki Blonsky doesn't care what people think

She's known for having a much fuller figure than the average Hollywood starlet.
    But Huge actress Nikki Blonsky really doesn't worry about being bigger than the average girl.
    The Hairspray star was spotted today in New York grinning and looking anything but downcast.

Happy as she is: Nikki Blonsky says she doesn't diet and is thrilled to have the lead part in new TV show, Huge

And so she should - with a new show on ABC Family , also starring David Hasselhoff's daughter Hayley and today's guest spot on Good Day New York, Nikki has plenty to be happy about.
    Clad in tight black jeans, heels and an embellished tie-dye top and clutching a bottle of water, the 21-year old actress looked like any other stylish young woman going about her day.
    Nikki's new TV show is called Huge and is about a young girl forced into fat camp, but unlike other shows about obese or overweight people, Blonsky's character will not be trying to lose weight or treat her curves as a problem to be solved, but will celebrate them.

TV star: Nikki was outside Fox Studios after a guest appearance on the Good Day New York morning show

'Everybody wants us to hate our bodies,' her character Willamina says at one point. 'Well, I refuse to.'
    The first episode started with her doing a racy strip-tease to flaunt her body at the beginning of the show.
    Nikki says: 'I relate a lot to this character, the way she carries herself, the way she acts and the fact that she doesn’t care what people think about her because her opinion of herself is really the most important.
    'If I would have listened to all those people who told me to lose weight, I wouldn’t have gotten Tracy [in Hairspray] and I wouldn’t have gotten Will [in Huge].'

Brave move: Nikki appears in a swimsuit in her new TV show Huge

For those who struggle with low self-esteem, Nikki suggests, 'finding things that make you feel great about yourself and then focus on that rather than on the things that make you upset about yourself.
    'Pick out the great things that you love about yourself,' she told Fox News. 'Whether it be your personality or jokes, whatever it is and focus on that rather than, "oh my hips are too big" or "I have fat on my thighs."'
    'Beauty fades as we get older,' she explains. 'We will be remembered for the important things like our personalities and the work that we’ve done and how we’ve impacted other people’s lives. Not what we look like.'
    Nikki is certainly flying high in her career, with a new film lined up called Waiting for Forever, which co-stars Rachel Bilson and Blythe Danner.
    The curvy actress added: 'I just realise that I’m here for a reason. I’m here not to look like all the other girls. There’s something in me that separates me and makes me different and I don’t think it’s my weight.

'Obviously that’s the physical reason but I think when it comes down to it, I always believed talent would prevail.'
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Let's see how much she likes being fat when she has a stroke or heart attack.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Geez sounds like a thrilling TV show. I'm glad she happy with her body but at the same time I think it is a pretty irresponsible viewpoint. We blast fashion for presenting models that are too thin but I think it is equally unhealthy to be acting as though being overweight is perfectly fine.

I think she is brave for wearing her swimsuit on TV but fat rolls do not constitute curvy.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

aka dieting didn't work.
    Go Habs Go!!

I've never come across a woman who likes her body, I wonder if she really does

Hit By Ban Bus!

she looks disgusting having said that I secrtely like The tv show Huge...shh it's a guilty pleasure

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm not that fond of her at all but if she's got the balls to wear a swimsuit on tv and not be freaking the fuck out about it then good for her.

She always looks really uncomfortable though, her chin attaches to her chest. Like her neck got mistaken for the hambone at grandma's Sunday dinner or somethin.

It drives me mad when fat people are referred to as curvy. Rolls of fat aren't curves!

Quote Originally Posted by PinkCadillac View Post
    It drives me mad when fat people are referred to as curvy. Rolls of fat aren't curves!
    Me, too. It's more clumpy than curvy.
    I can't stand how fatties often imply that not losing any weight is proof of good self esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi Ho View Post
    I secrtely like The tv show Huge...shh it's a guilty pleasure
    Me, too! I just have to remember to catch it.

I'm going to say the clichéd thing here - she has a pretty face, and if she lost down to a healthy weight, I think it'd really shine.

Elite Member

she's gained weight she looked good and was probably pretty healthy before.

You have to eat a lot of food to be that fat and also a bit lazy. So I see her stuffing her face with junk a lot of the time, really classy! I disagree she doesn't have a pretty face. I hope she's one of the lucky fatties that is healthy in spite of herself and doesnt drop dead before 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchywoman View Post
    You have to eat a lot of food to be that fat and also a bit lazy. So I see her stuffing her face with junk a lot of the time, really classy! I disagree she doesn't have a pretty face. I hope she's one of the lucky fatties that is healthy in spite of herself and doesnt drop dead before 50.
    ruh roh, i see trouble.
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I want extra butter on my popcorn for this thread.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post
    ruh roh, i see trouble.

No, these are not my relatives.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information