Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jessica Biel won’t eat bread, dairy, sugar, salt or meat while she’s working

Default Jessica Biel won’t eat bread, dairy, sugar, salt or meat while she’s working

Here are some new photos of Jessica Biel, from her appearance in the August issue of Glamour UK. Enjoy the photos, because the interview excerpts that have come out are crazy boring. Jessica talks about …zzz…. Wha? Yeah. Something about dieting (her diet is insane), blah, yoga, blah blah, fart jokes. She doesn’t actually tell a fart joke, or heaven forbid actually fart during the interview. Please! Biel would never. No, she just mentions that there were fart jokes in her general vicinity, which makes me wonder if her A-Team costars sometimes referred to Biel as “The Fart Joke” re: her acting. Here are some of the highlights:
    Jessica Biel does a sexy photo shoot for Glamour UK’s August issue.

“I’m not a perfect person who doesn’t mess up, eat bad, not work out–I do all those things,” Biel tells the magazine.

But her normal workout regimen is two or three days a week with a personal trainer, and exercise every day–whether she goes to the gym or does hiking or ballet. And no bread, dairy, sugar, salt or much meat when she is working. (”Oh, it’s the worst!”)

Biel also subscribes to the Kelly Bensimon method of a weekly six-day fast followed by a day of feasting.

“When I’m working and I eat healthily all week, I then give myself one day–usually Sunday–when I just eat what I want. You have to, otherwise your mind goes a little nutso,” she said.

The A-Team actress fits a gruelling exercise regime around work to stay in shape. ‘I see my trainer one day, next day I take a yoga class, or take a hike, take a ballet class,’ the 28-year-old model told Glamour magazine.

‘I used to do a lot of ballet – it’s the most amazing workout. Every day I do something, whether it’s in the gym, the pool or hiking with my three dogs.’

But she has not always been so well behaved. ‘I absolutely had a mad, crazy period. Probably 16 to 22-ish, I was sneaking out of the house, getting in trouble,’ she admitted.

Actress Jessica Biel says she fears the big-screen remake of The A-Team might receive mixed reviews as it is an adaptation of a popular television show.

“There’s a heightened sense of concern when you’re doing something so beloved around the world. What I always think is you can’t please everybody. There will be people who hate it; there will be people who absolutely love it. Hopefully, people will come and see it and make whatever judgment they want,” contactmusic.com quoted her as saying.

The actress stars alongside Liam Neeson and Bradley Cooper in the movie. And despite the predominantly male cast, Biel enjoyed the on-set humour.

“It was super-manly, but fun. They loved having some female energy. It was nice to have men and women together. All testosterone, all oestrogen - a little too much of one is never good. I felt very comfortable. But there were a lot of fart jokes,” she said.
    [From Huffington Post, NDTV & Metro]

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Jessica Biel won’t eat bread, dairy, sugar, salt or meat while she’s working

That is a pretty miserable diet for someone as young as her.

I don't understand why someone who is so active and works out every day has to restrict her diet so severely. I bet she'd still have a perfect body if she ate noodles or bread or some chocolate a few times a week.

She gawna end up like Fishsticks.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet!” Anonymous Introvert

People who eat like this are such a pain in the ass. Especially at parties.
    having what you love in moderation won't hurt you(unless what you love is heroin or human flesh..)

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlameItOnVanity View Post
    People who eat like this are such a pain in the ass. Especially at parties.
    having what you love in moderation won't hurt you(unless what you love is heroin or human flesh..)

Oh god I had a friend like that...and the worse was her expecting others to "stop being so cruel and eating that stuff in front of her". I could understand if we were taunting her, but dude having a sandwich at lunch is cruel? (not saying JB is like that though)

Elite Member

I don't think it's 'that' restrictive. When I think about what I eat, I don't tend to eat a lot of bread, dairy or meat either. There are plenty of other foods to eat even with her restrictions. oatmeal, salads, pasta, etc.

Syd

Totally wouldn't be worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    I don't understand why someone who is so active and works out every day has to restrict her diet so severely. I bet she'd still have a perfect body if she ate noodles or bread or some chocolate a few times a week.
    i agree. kudos to her for being so disciplined, though.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

the eating in moderation thing just doesn't work for some people. some people just don't have the self-restraint for that; i know that i don't. i don't keep certain things in my house, because i know that they will be gone within a few hours or days if i do. i know that once i start eating sugar or cheese or bread, it will be gone quickly; just easier to not do it at all.
    white, black, puerto rican/everybody just a freakin'/good times were rollin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    This is actually a very common misconception. Diet is much more important in how lean your body can get. There was a time when I worked out 90-120 minutes/day six days a week with very little noticeable change. Back then I was an idiot so I did the six day/week "clean eating" and one splurge day (which meant a bowl of ice cream...woo effing hoo) and my body fat went down to 16%.

I can see why these Hollywood types have to go to extremes to look as good as they do. At least it's them and not me anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by happy8 View Post
    I don't think it's 'that' restrictive. When I think about what I eat, I don't tend to eat a lot of bread, dairy or meat either. There are plenty of other foods to eat even with her restrictions. oatmeal, salads, pasta, etc.
    Oatmeal and pasta are bread. Now you're down to salad.
    Last edited by Tati; July 18th, 2010 at 03:24 PM.

Silver Member

Quote Originally Posted by ang View Post
    the eating in moderation thing just doesn't work for some people. some people just don't have the self-restraint for that; i know that i don't. i don't keep certain things in my house, because i know that they will be gone within a few hours or days if i do. i know that once i start eating sugar or cheese or bread, it will be gone quickly; just easier to not do it at all.
    I agree. I'm one of those people. Lots of the people who say everything in moderation is the way to go are VERY out of shape themselves. It may work for some people, but definitely not everybody. If it were that easy, nobody would have weight problems.

That said, her diet is still pretty extreme, especially for someone who regularly works out.

That make-up's way too dark for her, makes her look old. For some reason, I've never really liked her much.

Yea for me, the only way to stay in control of my weight (which I am currently totally out of control of) is restrictive eating. Last year I worked out 1-2 hours a day/6-7 days a week with a mix of weights & cardio and didn't lose a single pound. I'm not a piggy eater, but I do like my food. But when I follow say the 6 week body make-over, I lose weight with some fairly innocuous walking & hiking. My problem is that being on a diet must be my only all-consuming (so to speak) focus to be successful and I don't particularly have the energy for that.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

^^Sounds like you were exercising too much. That can backfire sometimes.
    I've been there too. I cut way back on exercise and started eating regular healthy meals until the point of satiety (breakfast is a must) and the weight started dropping off naturally. It wasn't a quick fix - but it worked. I think it rebalanced my hormones. I really think that starvation and restrictive diets screw up the hormones necessary for weight regulation especially as one gets older.

I never really felt like I was, but possibly. I had the most incredible metabolism when I was young, but it completely died upon my 30th birthday. I think my body has a natural weight, which is about 40 lbs. more than I'd like, but I never gained any more weight once that went on - seemingly overnight at 30 years 1 day.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information