Thread: Lane Bryant says ABC and Fox censored plus-size lingerie ad

Default Lane Bryant says ABC and Fox censored plus-size lingerie ad

Lane Bryant says ABC and Fox censored plus-size lingerie ad - Fashion + Beauty on Shine

If you watch the major TV networks, you've probably seen Victoria's Secret's recent "The Nakeds" campaign, with gorgeous models flaunting their curves in nearly-nude underthings. But you probably haven't seen Lane Bryant's new lingerie commercial. That's because the company claims that ABC "restricted our airtime," and refused to let the spot air during "Dancing with the Stars," and that Fox "demanded excessive re-edits and rebuffed it three times before relenting to air it during the final 10 minutes of 'American Idol,' but only after we threatened to pull the ad buy." Hmmm. We find it very interesting that they wouldn't show busty babes in a commercial during "Dancing with the Stars," a show where celebs like Pam Anderson are practically bursting out of their skimpy outfits.

As reported by Ad Week, Lane Bryant took to their blog, Inside Curve, to rant about the seeming double standard these TV networks have imposed on their plus-sized offerings. While the ad in question has been removed from their blog, lanebryant.com/sexy, as well as YouTube, we really wonder how the Lane Bryant ad could have been any more scandalous than what Victoria's Secret is promoting regularly.

"ABC and Fox have made the decision to define beauty for you by denying our new, groundbreaking Cacique commercial from airing freely on their networks," the company wrote. "Yes, these are the same networks that have scantily-clad housewives so desperate they seduce every man on the block -- and don't forget Bart Simpson, who has shown us the moon more often than NASA -- all in what they call "family hour.'"

So just what about their ad was so troublesome? Lane Bryant says the ample bosoms of their models was too much for stations to handle. According to their blog, "The networks exclaimed, 'She has...cleavage!' Gasp!'' Their post continues: "While it's no secret that Victoria's Secret 'The Nakeds' ads are prancing around on major networks leaving little to the imagination, steaming up TV screens and baring nearly everything but their souls, our sultry siren who shows sophisticated sass is somehow deemed inappropriate ... Does this smack of a double standard? Yep. It does to us, too."

Ad Week says that so far neither Fox or ABC could be reached for comment. If what we've heard thus far is true, this really makes us sad. Plus-sized models are finally inching their way into the media and portraying a more realistic image of women. Are networks really going to ban lingerie commercials based on cup-size?

Why did they remove the ad from their own website? What don't they want people to see?

Everyone knows fat women don't belong on TV. Besides, there was already a tasteful McDonald's commercial scheduled at that time.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkur View Post
    Everyone knows fat women don't belong on TV. Besides, there was already a tasteful McDonald's commercial scheduled at that time.
    Gosh, I thought it was one of those super pleasant wiener drug commercials about being ready when you need to be, showing 70 year olds macking and chasing each other around the house.

I'm so sick of this horseshit. I have to change the radio channels continually with my son in the car because apparently it's okay for kids to hear about about erectile dysfunction or how to find people to fuck around on your spouse with. I think I'd much rather my son look at tits all day. There's an artsy outdoor mural on Biscayne Blvd in Miami with a naked couple (from the waist up) and the woman is holding a baby at her one of her boobs that we drive past every day and think nothing of it. Bare tits. No bra. OMG! Maybe I should take him to a therapist...
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Thread Information