Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Calvin Klein announces they will no longer use size 0 models

  1. #1
    Elite Member Cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    citizen of the world
    Posts
    5,443

    Default Calvin Klein announces they will no longer use size 0 models

    Calvin Klein Will No Longer Use Size 0 Models

    Calvin Klein creative director Francisco Costa has done away with casting size 0 models, Fashionologie reports. Christopher Michael of 1 Management tweeted, "Calvin Klein has discontinued their use of the Size 0-2 Models and traded them in for a 2-4...a sign of the times indeed," and size 4 Lara Stone is rumored to be the face of Calvin Klein come fall. Think of it as another small step for woman; we'll let you know when the leap for womankind happens.
    Calvin Klein Will No Longer Use Size 0 Models

    Well. That's a start. I'm still longing for the days when I read Sweet Valley High books and Elizabeth and Jessica were 'a perfect size six.'

  2. #2
    Elite Member yoyoma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    5,560

    Default

    Action speaks louder than words...

  3. #3
    Super Moderator twitchy2.0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Milliways
    Posts
    60,143

    Default

    I was expecting they'd be announcing the use of the -1 size.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

    "Trump is, in my opinion, the first woman president of the United States." -- Roseanne Barr

  4. #4
    Elite Member greysfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Burning Down Your Windmill
    Posts
    56,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    Calvin Klein Will No Longer Use Size 0 Models

    Calvin Klein creative director Francisco Costa has done away with casting size 0 models, Fashionologie reports. Christopher Michael of 1 Management tweeted, "Calvin Klein has discontinued their use of the Size 0-2 Models and traded them in for a 2-4...a sign of the times indeed," and size 4 Lara Stone is rumored to be the face of Calvin Klein come fall. Think of it as another small step for woman; we'll let you know when the leap for womankind happens.
    Calvin Klein Will No Longer Use Size 0 Models

    Well. That's a start. I'm still longing for the days when I read Sweet Valley High books and Elizabeth and Jessica were 'a perfect size six.'

    Oh good. Hopefullu that means they'll stop dressing kate bosworthless too.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

    http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

  5. #5
    Elite Member Palermo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    9,580

    Default

    uh yeah, I don't believe them

  6. #6
    Elite Member stef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    germany
    Posts
    11,756

    Default

    ^^ me neither.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

  7. #7
    Elite Member SillyME54's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,789

    Default

    I don't know what the big deal is about using size 0 models. 0 is a size! Maybe in the ads they should promote some curvier women but on the runway the models are not supposed to be considered ideal body types. The reasons designers chose skinny girls is because the drape of the fabric hangs better and u can really see the fabric flow and move when the models walk down the runway. None of the models have bodies that I would want and I don't really see any beauties strutting down the runway. I personally don't find anything wrong with using skinny models; I do see a problem, however, with the fashion industry encouraging girls to become unnaturally skinny or pressuring them to become a size that they are not meant to be. I feel like as long as they are naturally slender or go about losing weight the right way, skinny models are ok. Some girls they send down the runway look like they're seconds away from death and that to me is very disturbing because it's so obvious she is not healthy, yet, ppl just ignore it and send her out anyway.

  8. #8
    Elite Member JazzyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Question

    [quote=SillyME54;2106786]. The reasons designers chose skinny girls is because the drape of the fabric hangs better and u can really see the fabric flow and move when the models walk down the runway.

    The weight issue aside - why wouldn't you show the clothes they way the would be seen on 90% of the population? I may like a thousand items I see hanging on a hanger - once you put actual form to it, like Le BOOBS and Le BUTT, the look changes. Show the clothes on people with a more normal body.

  9. #9
    Elite Member Laurent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Out There
    Posts
    39,139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    I'm still longing for the days when I read Sweet Valley High books and Elizabeth and Jessica were 'a perfect size six.'
    Thanks to vanity sizing, that "perfect size six" is now just relabeled a size 2-4.

  10. #10
    Elite Member witchcurlgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Acerbia
    Posts
    34,697

    Default

    It's a sad fact, but the clothes don't sell when advertised on normal sized bodies.

    No advertising is reality based, whether it's for clothing or hardware or food. Ever notice how appetizing crap fast food looks on ads? They present an idealized image, not reality.



    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.


    If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

  11. #11
    Elite Member JazzyGirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    It's a sad fact, but the clothes don't sell when advertised on normal sized bodies.

    No advertising is reality based, whether it's for clothing or hardware or food. Ever notice how appetizing crap fast food looks on ads? They present an idealized image, not reality.
    yeah - I know... - and YES the damned Big Mac being eaten by the Size 0 girl looks FAB on TV!

  12. #12
    Elite Member MsDark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Northwest MS/Memphis TN
    Posts
    32,075

    Default

    Oooh! A whole size up! I'd be more impressed if they just used size zeros who were my height. (5'2")
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

    "I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

  13. #13
    Elite Member Cali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    citizen of the world
    Posts
    5,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillyME54 View Post
    I personally don't find anything wrong with using skinny models; I do see a problem, however, with the fashion industry encouraging girls to become unnaturally skinny or pressuring them to become a size that they are not meant to be. I feel like as long as they are naturally slender or go about losing weight the right way, skinny models are ok. Some girls they send down the runway look like they're seconds away from death and that to me is very disturbing because it's so obvious she is not healthy, yet, ppl just ignore it and send her out anyway.
    See, that's the thing- a lot of the time, it isn't healthy. If you've ever looked at photos of runway models between seasons, they are heavier than during runway seasons. And they are even heavier at the start of fashion week. By the end, many are a bag of bones.

    I'll post some pics later on- I've got to go to work.

  14. #14
    Elite Member Just Kill Me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes
    Posts
    15,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    Oooh! A whole size up! I'd be more impressed if they just used size zeros who were my height. (5'2")
    I'm 5' and according to Lucky I'm a 00, according to JCrew I should be in their negative sizes, according to my vogue pattern I'm between a size 8 and 10. This shit is out of control.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cali View Post
    See, that's the thing- a lot of the time, it isn't healthy. If you've ever looked at photos of runway models between seasons, they are heavier than during runway seasons. And they are even heavier at the start of fashion week. By the end, many are a bag of bones.

    I'll post some pics later on- I've got to go to work.
    It's all that walking back and forth they do.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

    Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

    Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

  15. #15
    Elite Member Brookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    In the "D"
    Posts
    24,750

    Default

    Because a size 2-4 is so representative of the women of the world. Yep, that's it.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

    - Mark Twain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Rachel Zoe at Calvin Klein
    By olivia720 in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: February 22nd, 2010, 10:26 PM
  2. Plus-size models in V Magazine’s “Size Issue”
    By Honey in forum Magazines and Photoshoots
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: January 6th, 2010, 11:27 AM
  3. Liv Tyler in Calvin Klein
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: February 9th, 2008, 04:22 PM
  4. Ali Larter in Calvin Klein
    By mrs.v in forum Famous Style
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: February 9th, 2008, 03:34 PM
  5. Calvin Klein model - name?
    By burnt_toast in forum Unsorted Hot Guys
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: June 20th, 2007, 07:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •