Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skinny Celebs - the real reason: my theory

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Skinny Celebs - the real reason: my theory

This to me is a big point that I find hardly anyone ever mentions - and I'm wondering why. I actually think the majority of all these too skinny celebrities are NOT that skinny because they think it looks good, or because of any Hollywood beauty standards. I also do not believe they are anorexic, at least not in the colloquial sense of the word. So what's the answer then? One word:

DRUGS

As someone with past drug issues, let me tell you that when you are on any 'fast' drug (coke, meth, crack, adderall) it becomes next to impossible to eat. It's hard to describe but eating turns into a horrible tedious chore. One could literally desire to be fat, yet still become extremely thin on these drugs. Even if you forcefeed yourself, the drugs will fuck up your metabolism and ability to digest food so you'll lose weight anyway.

When I was addicted let me tell you I did not enjoy being 5'8 and 95lb one bit - in fact I was painfully embarassed about it and it was one of the biggest motivating factors behind me quitting. Especially because I was severely bullied in school for being thin (at the time it was perfectly natural. Looking back I was not that skinny and looked just fine, I just have a slight build). Kids would call me anorexic even though they'd just seen me eat a whole pizza.

I might be projecting here but I really don't think most skinny celebs are 'anorexic' at all, sure, there are a few true anorexics (in the sense of the mental disease), and the reason for starting the drugs might include losing weight, but I really do believe drugs are the biggest factor at work here, not the desire to be thin.

Welcome Elegance!!

Actually, I think the unrealistic Hollywood beauty standard forces a lot of female celebrities to resort to drugs to get/stay impossibly thin. I would guess that a good number of the female Hollywood population is on Adderall. Paris Hilton admitted she was on Larry King - for ADHD that is. Right.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

It's like a snake eating its own tale.
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Bronze Member

So is Adderall the answer. What are the side effects? Because I agree they are taking something and I always wondered about Adderall.

I take adderall while in scholl. You just aren't hungry. Your heart races, and you get depressed on the come down.

When I was in college I went through a period of depression and the psychiatrist I was seeing put me on anti-depressants. They made me feel exhausted all of the time so my psychiatrist prescribed Adderall to make me feel less tired. I barely ate anything when I was on them and I probably dropped 15 lbs (and I was only 5'4" 115 lbs to begin with) within 2 months. They made me feel terrible- your heart races, you can't sleep, you have no appetite.

cardiovascular side effects are the main issue, adderall raises your blood pressure

I take adderall while in scholl. You just aren't hungry. Your heart races, and you get depressed on the come down.

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Wtf???
    "Hope everyone' shavin a good one!" - Karistiona

I thought Adderall counted as a drug. Either way, most skinny celebs probably abuse whatever they take--whether it's a legal or illegal substance. That's pretty much a given.

czb

Quote Originally Posted by Daphne View Post
    When I was in college I went through a period of depression and the psychiatrist I was seeing put me on anti-depressants. They made me feel exhausted all of the time so my psychiatrist prescribed Adderall to make me feel less tired. I barely ate anything when I was on them and I probably dropped 15 lbs (and I was only 5'4" 115 lbs to begin with) within 2 months. They made me feel terrible- your heart races, you can't sleep, you have no appetite.
    they had you on anti-depressants AND adderall? wow. that sounds rough.

Quote Originally Posted by t13nif View Post
    Wtf???
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Actually, I think the unrealistic Hollywood beauty standard forces a lot of female celebrities to resort to drugs to get/stay impossibly thin. I would guess that a good number of the female Hollywood population is on Adderall. Paris Hilton admitted she was on Larry King - for ADHD that is. Right.
    Yeah, adderall was a gateway drug for me. But I never EVER did any drug, prescription or otherwise with the intention of losing weight - I took them for the mental effects: enhanced sense of power/confidence, enhanced concentration, enhanced stress tolerance and for me a sense of calmness and reduction in insomnia. Weight loss to me was just an unwanted side effect.

Like I said, maybe I'm projecting cause I got bullied in school over being thin so now in my mind thin=bad, weight gain=good, but I simply cannot fathom wanting voluntarily to be so skinny as some of these celebs. In fact, before drugs I actually let myself get a bit *overweight* for what looks good on my frame. At the time I thought I looked great it was only in retrospect I realized I can't pull off the voluptuous look (rather like Mischa Barton).

I also disagree that unhealthy thinness (I'm talking about like Tori Spelling, not healthy natural skinny like Zoe Saldana) is a hollywood standard. How can you say it's a standard when it's so fiercly critisized, more so than being on the overweight side?

I think a lot of celebs are encouraged to use drugs for weightloss, either by other celebs, or the people looking to hire them.

Maybe they start out intending to use the drugs just for a little while, just to get skinny, but once they're sucked in there's no getting out. Plus the pressure that is put on them to stay skinny is very high, there are hundreds of other people out who want the job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information