Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Iman's daughter Zulekha Haywood undergoes gastric band surgery

Default Iman's daughter Zulekha Haywood undergoes gastric band surgery

The daughter of supermodel Iman has spoken for the first time about her weight battles.
    Zulekha Haywood, 31, described how hard it was growing up overweight alongside her slender fashion model mother.
    She said she had 'more or less been on a diet since I was eight' and that only now after gastric band surgery is her weight under control.

Weight battles: Zulekha Haywood with her supermodel mother Iman

Haywood said she once weighed more than 23 stone but thanks to the surgery is down to 12 stone.
    'I have more or less been on a diet since I was eight years old. None of them worked,' she told Glamour magazine in the U.S..
    'An overweight kid and already dining for sport, my first was the “basta” diet. At home, my mother, Iman, a beauty icon and devotee of clean eating, would whisper "basta" (“enough” in Italian) when I was in danger of overeating.

Zulekha, seen here as a chubby teen, once weighed 23st

'The choice was always mine, and I usually put down the fork. But I also got hip to late-night snacking, raiding the refrigerator and cupboards after midnight.'
    Haywood, whose father is former basketball star Spencer Haywood, added:' At school I routinely traded lunches, and when I was old enough to buy my own, I would pass over apples for Hostess Apple Pies.
    'We always had plenty of nutritious snacks at home, but there was nothing more satisfying than savouring a secret Twinkie that I exchanged homework answers for.'

She decided on gastric band surgery after doctors said her future health would be at risk from being morbidly obese.
    Within a year she had shed almost half her bodyweight, and now loves being a U.S. size 6 - down from 26.
    Haywood said she had tried every diet on the market, from the Atkins diet to WeightWatchers, but all failed.
    Her mother Iman, 55, is married to rock star David Bowie.
    Born in Somalia, Iman was married to Zulekha's father for a decade and was one of the most successful catwalk models of the 1980s and 1990s.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1265763/Imans-daughter-Zulekha-Haywood-undergoes-gastric-band-surgery.html#ixzz0l6I5mbUO

Damn. She lost a lot of weight. Iman is smokin hot.

I can't imagine having Iman as a mother. Man, that would be some pressure.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

She was abusive to this kid if I remember my gossip correctly. Used to call her a fat whale, etc.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    She was abusive to this kid if I remember my gossip correctly. Used to call her a fat whale, etc.
    Yeah, I remember, years ago, Spencer Haywood saying that Iman was abusive to their daughter, over her weight principally and also was disappointed over the fact that she seemed to have Spencer's features more than Iman's.

sucking on a blow pop and playing with electrodes

Ouch
    KILLING ME WON'T BRING BACK YOUR GOD DAMNED HONEY!!!!!!!!!!

Come on, let's have lots of drinks.

Fuck you all, I'm going viral.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    yeah, if you're first diet is your mom whispering "basta" (enough in Italian), that can feel terrible. and can be somewhat demoralizing...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

It seems like you'd have to really be trying to get fat, with the genes of a supermodel and basketball star.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Yeah I remember Iman spoke harshly about her a while back..

She often told me I was as fat as a whale," first daughter Zulekha, now 23, said in 1993. "She turned me into a basket case. Iman acts likes she cares about all those starving children in Somalia, whereas she doesn't even care about her own child."

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    yeah, if you're first diet is your mom whispering "basta" (enough in Italian), that can feel terrible. and can be somewhat demoralizing...
    and think how much more obnoxious it is when mom's not even Italian. abusive and pretentious.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I feel for this girl. My first diet was at 8. My mom was the same way. I remember overhearing her tell a friend I was a fat pig at about that age. Food and I have always had a dysfunctional relationship. A person does not get to this level of fat simply because they eat too much. It has more to do with the reason they are eating. I am a binge eater (like a bulimic that doesn't throw up). I have lost 65 pounds over the last year however, I have done this before and gained it all back plus some. I think it will take better this time because I am not on a diet. I am trying to break my bad habits (second helpings, large portions, snacking at night, binging). Just by doing this I am having a bit more success and feel fairly calm. Usually when dieting, I am a walking panic attack. After a while of living in this extreme stress, I fall off the wagon and binge, binge, binge.

I am not fat by genetics. My thyroid is fine. I don't agree with the fat is great people. I really don't even like food. Food is simply my drug, which I am addicted to, and everyday is a struggle.

I will get off of my soap box now.

Oh crap. Trying to imagine being Iman's daughter and anything less than beautiful. Heaven forbid, fat. It'd be like: "Shoot me now, please!"
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

She's prettier than her mother now. Iman...

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I can't imagine having Iman as a mother. Man, that would be some pressure.

No shit, poor kid never had a chance.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I've never really thought Iman is all that and her daughter is much prettier.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information