Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kimora Lee Simmons Cops to Airbrushing

Default Kimora Lee Simmons Cops to Airbrushing

Kimora Lee Simmons Cops to Airbrushing - Goddess: celebrity moms - omg! on Yahoo

Fashion blogs were abuzz yesterday when model and designer Kimora Lee Simmons debuted the ad for her new fragrance, Dare Me. It features a noticeably slimmed-down version of the fashion mogul, who had a baby boy less than a year ago. Some even speculated that photo editors had placed Simmons' head on a skinny model's body.

But when Simmons' Twitter fans asked her about the photo, she answered them matter-of-factly on her official Twitter page, saying: "Of course that's my body!!! With all the help I could get from the airbrush!!! Lol!"

Her response to accusations of flattering photo editing -- admitting to it immediately and then laughing it off -- is unusual in the wake of recent photo editing mini-scandals, such as the dust-up over Demi Moore's appearance on the cover of W magazine in November. But in that case critics were claiming that it was just a poor editing job, not airbrushing, that seemed to make Moore look thinner. Both Moore and W's photo editors deny that retouching of any kind occurred.

Simmons, whose women's fashion line is called Baby Phat, spoke openly last month with Momlogic.com about trying to lose the weight she put on while pregnant with her 11-month-old baby, Kenzo Lee. She also addressed the subject of photo retouching head-on.

"I'm not the Hollywood mom that says you have to be a size 2 by tomorrow," Simmons said. "I don't think what you see in the magazines is what you should strive to be like, because all those images are heavily retouched. It's more about your mental, emotional, and spiritual stability. If you make healthy life choices, you'll look great. You should be comfortable at any size or any age. Whatever you have, you should be proud of yourself."

Photos: See Kimora's Family Outing

A mother of three whose fashion and personality empire includes writing books (2006's Fabulosity), appearing on her own reality TV shows (E!'s "Kimora: Life in the Fab Lane"), and being the CEO of Phat Fashions, the line she started with her ex-husband Russell Simmons, Simmons still finds time to use Twitter heavily to communicate with fans.

After her initial response to a fan in which she admitted to airbrushing, the fan queried: "But why do you have to airbrush? Can't you just use your real beauty?" Simmons quickly replied: "Of course! I do! But every girl could use a lil retouch every once in a while no? Its all good!"

Depending on your perspective, her breezy attitude about digital enhancements either reflects the message of her perfume's ad campaign or contradicts it. Kimora told Women's Wear Daily that one of the ad's taglines, "Dare to be me," is about "empowerment and self-reliance."

One thing is certain: The whole to-do over Kimora's airbrushed image is definitely getting a lot of people talking about Dare Me, which can't be a bad thing for the savvy businesswoman.

Her body in that ad doesn't even look realistic. Bad airbrush job imo.

More likely someone photoshopped Kimora's head on a Barbie doll's body.

I can't believe the people who did this lousy airbrush job didn't think people would notice that Kimora suddenly lost 50 pounds in the blink of an eye.

She has a point. It's just "a lil retouch". That's all.

Elite Member

I don't think she had much choice in admitting that one. I like her attitude about it.

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

I don't know that much about this lady but from her statements above she seems really nice. And at least she didn't try to lie about her obviously altered picture, either. Which is much better then that douchey liar Demi Moore. . .
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

Glad they finally took out the rolls of neck fat. I can't look at her because of the neck fat rolls. It's distracting....

The outstretched leg doesn't even look like it was ever meant to look realistic.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Why didn't they airbrush in some ankles?
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Glad they finally took out the rolls of neck fat. I can't look at her because of the neck fat rolls. It's distracting....

ooh me too. He neck always looks like a pack of hot dogs.

"I'm not the Hollywood mom that says you have to be a size 2 by tomorrow," Simmons said. "I don't think what you see in the magazines is what you should strive to be like, because all those images are heavily retouched. It's more about your mental, emotional, and spiritual stability. If you make healthy life choices, you'll look great. You should be comfortable at any size or any age. Whatever you have, you should be proud of yourself."

and if you're not, have it airbrushed out.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

NO!! I thought it was teh realities!!
    Baby, by the time you have kids and they're in school, no one will care about you.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Little Goon View Post
    I don't know that much about this lady but from her statements above she seems really nice. . . .

Apparently you have never watched her stupid reality show. She is a raging Bitch with serious entitlement issues.

Nice fake picture. Ridiculous.

No fucking shit that's airbrushed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information