Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mind your heart, boys!

Bronze Member

Default Mind your heart, boys!

When weightgain gets serious...

I put part of this in another thread, but I guess this is where it belongs. I love these guys, I'll never stop doing that, no matter what they look like, the're great musicians. But I'm concerned for them. Both has died and come back, from drug or alcohol (or both) abuse and probably don't have the best heart nowdays. One got a pacemaker at the age of 36. And now both of them are gaining way more weight than they should carry for anyone who's been through that. (Not even healthy for someone without a weak heart.) Please, guys, take care of yourselves, both for your kids, but also, very selfishly said, for your fans.

Slash has gone from being sporty, doing a lot of bmx, and even when he was drinking a lot with Guns, also going to the gym from time to time, which is nicely showing here:

to this, even showing fat-boobs, and where did his weight lift arms go?:

or this (that belly is big, black hides it well though):

And even worse...

Nikki Sixx, who's gone from this (and this was not his thinnest, look at the pants he can't button, but he's looking really good here, don't want him skinny, but hot. Yumm!)

Or even a bit older, but he was still really really sexy here, and he's probably over 40 (looking at the amount of tattoos):

And then suddenly he changed to this (he can't even get his jeans halfway up his butt) and that sexxiness is all gone. So sad. And so bad for the health.

I hope both guys realize they're in the high risk zone and slims a bit. No need to get drug-skinny, but healthy and with muscles would be good. They're both awesome musicians in very different ways. I love them!

I hope someone can tell me they've seen one or both of them reacently, and maybe have some good news because I'm worried...

Where is this serious weight gain?
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

Seriously, wtf? They don't have serious weight gain!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Pudgy aroud the middle maybe, but really! Hardly stunning.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Come on,now. Neither one of those guys is really what I'd call fat. As people age their metabolism slows,causing weight gain. Both of these dudes are in their 40's or older by now. They're not going to look 25 forever.

C'mon...these guys have not entered Val Kilmer territory, by any stretch.

I wouldn't call that serious weight gain so much as good old middle-aged spread. These guys aren't spring chickens anymore.

Back in their "thin" days (which I personally don't care for or find "hot" but hey....different strokes) they probably did literally nada to look like that, certainly not exercise and healthy living! They were just young. Considering their lifestyles for many years on end with hard partying and drugging it up, they could be a lot fatter and riddled with health problems than they apparently appear here.

For them to be as thin now as they were when they were young bucks (and probably all drugged out) would be a full time job. They're musicians, not fashion models, FFS.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I'd still do Nikki
    "Cake is the language of love" - Dylan Moran

eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Jesus wept

It's called aging... seriously.. there ARE older guys out there that are able to keep fit and buff well into middle age and there are guys out there that just change naturally as they get older. Same with women.

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Personally I prefer a bit of squidge on a guy. Makes them more comfortable to snuggle against. I don't see anything too bad about either of those guys.

A*O

It's called Midde Age Spread. Shit happens. Get over it.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

I just noticed the thread title again. Ironic, since these guys were probably doing a lot more heart damage with all those drugs way back when they looked "hot". Hell one of these guys actually died and was brought back after ODing, if I recall. (But he probably looked hot when he was on that table getting jump started again).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I just noticed the thread title again. Ironic, since these guys were probably doing a lot more heart damage with all those drugs way back when they looked "hot". Hell one of these guys actually died and was brought back after ODing, if I recall. (But he probably looked hot when he was on that table getting jump started again).
    "One"? They have both died and not only once. And that's what make any weight gain bad for them, their heart has already had too much to do, that's why I hope they'll be careful and care about their health.It's not age. Tommy Lee is in the same group as Nikki, the same age. Tommy is nicely lean (ok, he's a drummer, he gets a hard work out at therehersals, but still). Duff still plays a lot with Slash, and Duff is still lean too. And both Tommy and Duff has lead a hard life too. At least Slash worked out before, he did a lot of BMX-bicycling, and went to the gym too (he talks about it in his book). But if I remember right Nikki talks about the gym in his Heroin Diaries too. But important here: I don't want to jump on them, how they look is up to them. But I really want their music to go on, that's important. I love what they do, I admire them a lot and I don't want to lose them. That's important. Peace.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information