Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sally Hawkins from Happy-Go-Lucky

Default Sally Hawkins from Happy-Go-Lucky

Did anyone catch her presenting at the Golden Globes tonight? I was horrified at the sight of her. Honestly, she looked like a 12 year old girl. I looked her up on IMDB and she was born in 1976. I've looked around for pictures but I couldn't find any yet.

It was pretty disturbing honestly, she clearly has an eating disorder. This is a picture of her last year and you can tell she's got a problem already:

http://www.clevver.com/blog/wp-conte...ly_hawkins.jpg

^^ Yes!!! i was shocked at her appearance as well. hopefully we can find some pics. she's much too thin.

WTF? I saw her for the first time on the Globes and thought she was one of the most beautiful on-stage ladies. She didn't look unnatural to me!

I didn't know who she was but as soon as she came on screen I was shocked by how clearly anorexic she is.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Bronze Member

I don't even know who she is but when I clicked on her pic, it reminded me of pics of Karen Carpenter...

Here are a few pics:

Late in 2009:

okay i have to ask, just because someone has lost a lot of weight, and are super skinny, how does that make her obviously anorexic?
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

A normal person does not get that small. I know a few people who are underweight because they have high metabolisms and eat but anorexics don't simply look underweight.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

In the latest pic with the up-do, her skin seems really thin, a bit gray, her face and cheeks look drawn, you can see the small, atrophied muscles and sinew directly beneath her skin (although her biceps look like maybe she still lifts weights), her eyes look sunken and hollow. And she looks majorly bobble-headed. She looks a little sick.

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    A normal person does not get that small. I know a few people who are underweight because they have high metabolisms and eat but anorexics don't simply look underweight.
    i agree. i also have friends who are underweight and eat, but they look different than anorexics. you can see if someone's anorexic or naturally skinny.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

I say she's anorexic looking because this is clearly not her natural weight. Here is another picture of her:

Granted she is younger here, and might still have some "baby fat", but it proves she hasn't always been a stick. Now she looks like what others have said: a bobblehead.

Quote Originally Posted by kersalli View Post
    I say she's anorexic looking because this is clearly not her natural weight. Here is another picture of her:

Granted she is younger here, and might still have some "baby fat", but it proves she hasn't always been a stick. Now she looks like what others have said: a bobblehead.
    And this is also her (I know, i can barely believe it myself), from a Jane Austen film, Persuasion:

In the back-left:

Also a few more pics of her here from another thread.

Not a good look. Shame, because she has such a pretty face

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by kersalli View Post
    Did anyone catch her presenting at the Golden Globes tonight? I was horrified at the sight of her. Honestly, she looked like a 12 year old girl. I looked her up on IMDB and she was born in 1976. I've looked around for pictures but I couldn't find any yet.

It was pretty disturbing honestly, she clearly has an eating disorder. This is a picture of her last year and you can tell she's got a problem already:

http://www.clevver.com/blog/wp-conte...ly_hawkins.jpg
    Hi, I just came to this site because I saw Sally's current pic on Wikipedia. I have a couple of thoughts: I do think she looks anorexic, which is sad and I hope she gets better. That said, it may not be anorexia. Many years ago (might have even been a decade ago) Sally's friends reported to the press that she had a chronic life-threatening condition, and that hence she often had to take long breaks between projects. Around the time of that announcement she started looking a lot thinner than she had in 'Persuasion'. The chronic illness was not named but it could be something like cystic fibrosis or something (I'm just making wild guesses). Also, another important point is in that the film she just completed she portrays a person tragically afflicted with either rheumatoid arthritis or juvenile arthritis or both. So it could be that her thin sickly look was taken on for the role itself and is not endemic to her. That said, I wish her all the best and wish her wonderful health. She is an extraordinary and wonderful actress.

Well, thank you for the necro.
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information