Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model"

Default "Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model"

BeautifulPeople.com axes holiday weight gain members

The site is unabashed about its selection criteria

Dating and social network site BeautifulPeople.com has axed some 5,000 members following complaints that they had gained weight.
    The members were singled out after posting pictures of themselves that reportedly showed they had put on pounds over the holiday period.
    The site allows entry to new members only if existing members vote them as sufficiently attractive to warrant it.
    The US, the UK, and Canada topped the list of excluded members.
    The site has always been unrepentant about its selection process, calling itself "the largest network of attractive people in the world".
    The move was reportedly prompted by members themselves, who police the membership of the site to maintain a high - if highly subjective - standard of attractiveness.
    "As a business, we mourn the loss of any member, but the fact remains that our members demand the high standard of beauty be upheld," said site founder Robert Hintze.
    "Letting fatties roam the site is a direct threat to our business model and the very concept for which BeautifulPeople.com was founded."
    BBC News - BeautifulPeople.com axes holiday weight gain members
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

oh man....I see a lot of big fat karma coming to hit some people who already full of shit...

BeautifulPeople.com has launched globally.
    The launch is being extensively covered by the global media.

The huge media coverage is currently generating so much traffic on our servers that we have had to limit some users from using the site.
    We are sorry for the inconvenience.

We're excited to welcome you, so please check back later.

Thanks
    The BeautifulPeople Team

Note:
    If you just created a new profile and was forwarded to this page, your profile was registered correctly and you will be notified when the site is again accessible.
    They aren't letting uglies browse as guests. More like the idea they kicked members off that had put on weight is getting attention.

Can't imagine why the superficial members are still single....

Happy trails to you...until we meet again.
    I love & miss you Dad.

Gag-worthy. We need to start our own superficial site (I mean besides THIS one!) - something like "Heifers and Ho's", or maybe this is where we utilize the "Cunty Coterie" moniker. Sigh.

We've already seen what happens when the coterie of cunts roams this site.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I really don't get why this site rubs people the wrong way so much. When it comes down to it you meet people who are just as superficial on Match.com, Eharmony, whatever. You hear people complain all the time that when they met the other person in real life they had lied about their height/age/weight and it doesn't matter how great the personality is. People are shallow in bars, clubs, and most places. Looks matter to most people. Even ugly people don't desire to be with ugly people. These folks are just more up front about it which I would think would save you as lot of time trying to figure out what they want. It doesn't even mean they don't care about anything besides looks, just that the looks are a dealbreaker for them.
    Only the good die young.........................
    bitches like me live forever!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree Crumpet. I do not consider myself shallow but I would not date someone who is not attractive based on my taste. Others may think my taste in looks is off and find someone else attractive who I think is repulsive. I have seen some people who I think are ugly who are very loved by spouses who think they are the most beautiful person in the world.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    I really don't get why this site rubs people the wrong way so much. When it comes down to it you meet people who are just as superficial on Match.com, Eharmony, whatever. You hear people complain all the time that when they met the other person in real life they had lied about their height/age/weight and it doesn't matter how great the personality is. People are shallow in bars, clubs, and most places. Looks matter to most people. Even ugly people don't desire to be with ugly people. These folks are just more up front about it which I would think would save you as lot of time trying to figure out what they want. It doesn't even mean they don't care about anything besides looks, just that the looks are a dealbreaker for them.
    I totally agree. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way about this site is the question of who determines what is beautiful, its so subjective. Does this site cater to all ethnic types? In the media sometimes they tend to label people as "hot" (like the Jersey Shore boys) who just turn my stomach because I find them repulsive. So I'm not sure how they determine who should fit their clientele, if its extremely exclusive or not. If I was single I would rather have a site that focused on men (and vice versa, women) who were well-educated and well-rounded, and then I could determine who I found hot from the bunch. But I have a gut feeling that most of the people on this site aren't looking for someone based on education, manners, career ambition - I think most of them are just looking for arm candy. So I would never want to be on this site anyway if I was looking for something serious. Its hard to take anyone who does a dating site like this seriously. But to each his own.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post

I often find that the most questionable of appearanced people tend to be the harshest on others. Even this site is no exception where people who think nothing of getting outraged at weight issues are among the first to line up and criticize very attractive women as being not perfect. Wasn't there a whole bunch of criticism directed at Rhianna's bathing suit pictures on here?

Quote Originally Posted by sluce View Post
    I agree Crumpet. I do not consider myself shallow but I would not date someone who is not attractive based on my taste. Others may think my taste in looks is off and find someone else attractive who I think is repulsive. I have seen some people who I think are ugly who are very loved by spouses who think they are the most beautiful person in the world.

I agree too. Although I am probably the one who things the odd ball is cute. When I was a teen I was in love with big nosed guys like Spock.

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    I totally agree. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way about this site is the question of who determines what is beautiful, its so subjective. Does this site cater to all ethnic types? In the media sometimes they tend to label people as "hot" (like the Jersey Shore boys) who just turn my stomach because I find them repulsive. So I'm not sure how they determine who should fit their clientele, if its extremely exclusive or not. If I was single I would rather have a site that focused on men (and vice versa, women) who were well-educated and well-rounded, and then I could determine who I found hot from the bunch. But I have a gut feeling that most of the people on this site aren't looking for someone based on education, manners, career ambition - I think most of them are just looking for arm candy. So I would never want to be on this site anyway if I was looking for something serious. Its hard to take anyone who does a dating site like this seriously. But to each his own.

I think that's a good point. And from the flip side if people have certain standards I feel it is unfair to lie to them about it. I know a guy who got increasingly cynical in online dating because he'd show up to the first date and the woman would not be what she described online. Guy are notorious for also lying about height. But the difference is guys are usually expected to be gentlemanly about it and pay for dinner. My friend wound up feeling used because he'd spend money on date after date without any hope of possibly getting together.

I could see how after a while the guy might walk out right at first site.

Quote Originally Posted by collateral damage View Post
    I often find that the most questionable of appearanced people tend to be the harshest on others. Even this site is no exception where people who think nothing of getting outraged at weight issues are among the first to line up and criticize very attractive women as being not perfect. Wasn't there a whole bunch of criticism directed at Rhianna's bathing suit pictures on here?
    1. Appearanced is not a word.
    2. Anybody who doesn't like Rihanna or makes a negative comment on some celebrity is of questionable appearance? Riiiiight.
    3. You sir are a troll.
    "But I am very poorly today & very stupid & I hate everybody & everything." -- Charles Darwin

I don't have a problem with this site, there are BBW sites after all for men who like the bigger woman. The founder seems to have a shitty attitude though, hopefully he will wake up oneday and realise not all fat people are hideous and ugly

^^Agrees with Honey. There are dating sites catered to just about everyone, and there are still the ones that are all-inclusive.

I often find that the most questionable of appearance people tend to be the harshest on others. Even this site is no exception where people who think nothing of getting outraged at weight issues are among the first to line up and criticize very attractive women as being not perfect. Wasn't there a whole bunch of criticism directed at Rhianna's bathing suit pictures on here?
    Dude, you're seriously laughable. I(very pretty fat chick who kept eating because I was too busy gawking at my pretty face to notice my chunky ass) wasn't and am never outraged at weight issues only stupid ass statements of contradiction!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Hit By Ban Bus!

Do you normally take every comment as directed specifically at you? I wasn't directing it at you at all. LOL

Do you normally take every comment as directed specifically at you? I wasn't directing it at you at all. LOL
    Seeing that I was one of a few who disagreed with you, so I knew who you were hinting at!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information