Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 12 women's body types - which are you??

Quote Originally Posted by haggard View Post
    I dont know...I'd describe myself as curvy even though I'm overweight, because I still have a pretty well defined hourglass shape.

So while not every overweight woman is curvy, it doesnt mean that its impossibile for a fat woman to be described as curvy...
    You definitely have a point. I have also seen women who are both 'overweight' by conventional standards and yet are hourglasses with naturally balanced proportions. Some of the most famed beauties of the Victorian period could fall under this classification. I guess what I'm objecting to its the use of the word "curvy" to describe women who are actually "spherical," i.e. Beth Ditto, etc. I mean, sure, their bodies are 'curved' but it's really changing the entire meaning of the term for the worse.
    "Facts are the enemy of truth."
    - Miguel Cervantes, "Don Quixote"

Hmm..... I *think* I'm a 'cello' without the giant boobs.

I'm 5'7, not big at all, but not tiny or dainty either:

Athletic build with lots of muscle even when I don't work out.
    Broadish shoulders
    Medium boobs (34B).
    Straitish, undefined, short waist (never had a tiny waist even when I was sickly skinny)
    Kind of 'hippy' with a nice round butt
    Legs are well defined/curvy and are my best feature

I gain weight pretty evenly, but it seems to first go a bit more to my face, belly and butt.

When in tip top shape I'm kind of like Jessica Biel I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I'm just ill-built, not going to lie. I'm 5'10..have long ass chicken legs, long ass gumby arms, no butt, no boobs, no waist. I'm just gangly.
    Well, you sound like the description of a catwalk model to me!
    Fame is like a river, that beareth up things light and swollen, and drowns things weighty and solid - Francis Bacon

Isn't a cello just a great big hourglass? Or...whatever. These terms are dumb.

^^ I was thinking this too, Lily. I guess the 'cello' has a bigger waist though?

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Thalia View Post
    I guess what I'm objecting to its the use of the word "curvy" to describe women who are actually "spherical," i.e. Beth Ditto, etc. I mean, sure, their bodies are 'curved' but it's really changing the entire meaning of the term for the worse.

And despite her Fat Is Beautiful claims I bet if Beth could wave a magic wand and wake up tomorrow a perfect Size 10 she'd be ecstatic.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldn’t be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by sweetness View Post
    Hmm..... I *think* I'm a 'cello' without the giant boobs.

I'm 5'7, not big at all, but not tiny or dainty either:

Athletic build with lots of muscle even when I don't work out.
    Broadish shoulders
    Medium boobs (34B).
    Straitish, undefined, short waist (never had a tiny waist even when I was sickly skinny)
    Kind of 'hippy' with a nice round butt
    Legs are well defined/curvy and are my best feature

I gain weight pretty evenly, but it seems to first go a bit more to my face, belly and butt.

When in tip top shape I'm kind of like Jessica Biel I guess.
    I'm just like you! But my boobs are a bit bigger. i have strong legs too so i can definitely relate to Jessica but she seems to have a very tiny waist which i don't have, look
    http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/enterta...1721322910.jpg

Like i said mine is pretty straight like this
    Jenny McCarthy’s Amazing 34-Year Old Beach Bod » Hollywood Grind celebrity gossip blog is the source for Hollywood gossip, juicy celebrity rumors, celeb scandals, and the latest celebrity gossip

Isn't a cello just a great big hourglass? Or...whatever. These terms are dumb.
    I think that even though they both have boobs and a round butt the difference is that a cello is more athletic with strong legs,broad shoulders (basically a larger frame overall) whereas the hourglass is softer and more feminine also as sweetness said the cello waist is bigger and not as defined as the hourglass's.
    I agree the terms are kind of eh...

^^ Yes, I'm not in the best of shape right now like Jenny McCarthy there, but am shaped very much like her, only with wider hips. My thicker waist makes it a major pain to find decent fitting jeans, but I guess many women of all shapes have this problem.

Hit By Ban Bus!

OT but I thought Jenny McCarthy was adorable with more meat on her (several years ago before baby).

Bronze Member

Lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You need to read the comment of this girl calling Jessica Alba and Longoria "curvy"
    http://theskinnywebsite.com/site/200...n-being-curvy/
    That's so priceless i don't know what to say lol.She does have a point, you can be thin and curvy (with an hourglass figure) BUT Alba and Longoria are shitty examples.

^Yeah, that's not curvy either. That's uber-skinny with a hint of boobs.

Eva Mendes, ScarJo, these are curvy ladies.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

I'm a fucking pear; i've known that since i was 8 yrs. old and the boys would tease me for my big booty and kick at it! that is too funny about the pear! it is nearly pretty much me exactly; my top half does not match my bottom at all. if you look at my top you might think i was really petite but its just really toned w/ minimal fat and a tiny frame compared to my normal sized/pudgey thighs w/ hardly any muscle definition (although i work my ass off at the gym) and bubbly ass, its kinda funny, i used to hope and pray and fantasize about having skinny thighs w/o the saddlebag shape to them, but now i just dont care anymore; i accentuate the positive and try to ignore the negative try as i might

at least im not a brick sorry to say...

^^ Word is that boys like that big booty, Alice!
    Plus, you know when the boys in grade school pick on you it means they like you, right?

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah i know; real men like thighs and ass, i hear that all the time, like alllllll the time, but it doesn't matter to a girl - she wants what she wants and its usually what she doesn't have. i love my ass too; its my one curve

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    I'm a fucking pear; i've known that since i was 8 yrs. old and the boys would tease me for my big booty and kick at it! that is too funny about the pear! it is nearly pretty much me exactly; my top half does not match my bottom at all. if you look at my top you might think i was really petite but its just really toned w/ minimal fat and a tiny frame compared to my normal sized/pudgey thighs w/ hardly any muscle definition (although i work my ass off at the gym) and bubbly ass, its kinda funny, i used to hope and pray and fantasize about having skinny thighs w/o the saddlebag shape to them, but now i just dont care anymore; i accentuate the positive and try to ignore the negative try as i might

at least im not a brick sorry to say...
    First, there is no negative,everything is positive but we just need to accept how we are built, and get read of our insecurities,IMO.

secondly your icon is AWSOME!!!! Who's that?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information