Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: 12 women's body types - which are you??

I guess I'm a cross between a pear and a skittle, but i don't really fall into either. Small chest, round bum, I have a waist, and saddlebags, but long skinny legs, so I don't know what that makes me.

I'm a cross between a vase and an hourglass. I agree that these shapes are confusing.

This is kind of dumb. There are only 5ish body types:

*long leg/short torso ("apple" like Liv Tyler, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Angelina Jolie): tends to have nice legs, bigger breasts, a flatter arse, and a hard time getting a tiny waist/flat tummy
    *long torso/short leg ("pear" like Keira Knightley, Lily Allen, Kristin Davis): tends to have a flat stomach/tiny waist no matter what, but stumpy legs and flatter chests
    *combination ("hourglass"...I think like SJP, maybe ScarJo, Uma Thurman, Halle Berry): gets T&A, a nice waist, and nice legs when in shape; when they gain weight, it's pretty evenly distributed so it's harder to tell.
    *combo verging on short torso (I think Penelope Cruz and Jennifer Aniston?)
    *combo verging on long torso (I think Hillary Swank and Kate Beckinsale?)

Not sure about the celebrity examples of the last 2-3; they're harder to tell. Which one you are depends on bone structure measurements, like how much distance there is between your last rib and your hipbone/the length of your femur vs. calfbone, etc. If people want me to elaborate with the exact numbers so they can figure out what they are, I will.

I guess what Trinny & Susannah have done is taken into account endomorph/ectomorph/mesomorph tendancies and how in shape women are, which would give them different bulges that they need to work with when they pick out clothes.
    Last edited by tofucheesecake; October 19th, 2007 at 02:22 PM.

I'm a pear, but thin. I have the rounded hips and small waist- When I gain, my weight always goes right to my thighs. What they described there is totally right- great back, great arms, lack of bust- yep thats me.

And I agree with tofucheesecake, theres reall only those body shapes. I find the rest ridiculous because they're all so similar to what has always been the basic shapes.

When i saw this picture of kate beckinsale in a bikini
    http://celebrityrumors.com/posts/katebeckinsale/2/2.jpg
    Thats when i realized we have the same body shape. (my tummy is flatter though) We don't get much breasts but our butts are perfect. (Kate Hudson also has that body shape)

Hit By Ban Bus!

I'm just ill-built, not going to lie. I'm 5'10..have long ass chicken legs, long ass gumby arms, no butt, no boobs, no waist. I'm just gangly.

I'm not any of those!!!!!! I agree that they need younger women, unless this is targeted towards the older/mid-range crowd!

Whats the difference between a Cello and an Hourglass? I'm one of those, but I cant tell which...

I think they should have just bitten the bullet and chosen celebrity examples for this. Most of us have been looking at celebs for years and already have an idea of their body shape - taking them and sticking labels on them would have made it much more identifiable and familiar. Like, "oh, that's what you call Reese's body shape, that does make sense".

I can't tell the difference between most of these.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

i'm in yer manifesto, correcting your spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by StayYoung View Post

When i saw this picture of kate beckinsale in a bikini
    http://celebrityrumors.com/posts/katebeckinsale/2/2.jpg
    Thats when i realized we have the same body shape. (my tummy is flatter though) We don't get much breasts but our butts are perfect. (Kate Hudson also has that body shape)
    Wow, that could be a picture of me (and it's not to brag, because i've had a few surgeries to get there).

Quote Originally Posted by Calimoonchild View Post
    Whats the difference between a Cello and an Hourglass?
    I give up. What's the difference between a cello and an hourglass?

*waits for punchline*

har har

Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I give up. What's the difference between a cello and an hourglass?

*waits for punchline*

har har

More importantly, are either of them ANYTHING like a writing desk?
    ----------------------------
    There will be times you might leap before you look
    There'll be times you'll like the cover and that's precisely why you'll love the book
    Do it anyway

Sometimes I think who the fuck cares about body shapes. Most women are aware of their good points and bad and choose clothes accordingly. Thats all there is to it. Numbers, shapes, lets make our lives and minds more crazy and complicated.

the only thing i learnt from that article is that nobody looks good in grey leggings and tank tops.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Screw it. I am making up my own. Iam a couch.

You beat me posting, I have a couch potato shape. I had a lump on my thigh, drs did the xrays, mri's, measured it, and then it mysteriously went away, thank goodness. The Orthopedist loved my xrays, said I had beautiful, strong bones, and wanted to know what kind of exercise I did... Surprise, I am a couch potato, big time. And have been for years. My motto, is why run when you can walk, why walk when you can sit, why sit when you can lay down...
    Maybe genetics has a lot to do with our condition as well as exercise and puritanical eating habits.
    DH is a Siberian Tiger

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information