Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ashley Greene says she shaped up for New Moon by not eating

Default Ashley Greene says she shaped up for New Moon by not eating

“New Moon’s” Ashley Green may have landed herself in a bit of hot water. Or not, it could go either way. When she was recently asked by Us Weekly how she got in shape for her role in “New Moon,” she responded honestly and said she didn’t eat much. Now she didn’t say anything like, “I tried not to eat,” or “I ate as little as possible.” She said that they had busy twelve hour days, and that didn’t leave a lot of time to eat. But that doesn’t mean people won’t accuse her of promoting unhealthy diet strategies.
    How did Ashley Greene get fit for New Moon?
    “It was really easy,” the actress, 22, told Usmagazine.com Saturday at the Magnificent Mile Festival of Lights event in Naperville, Il. “We were working 12 hours a day, so it didn’t leave too much time to eat.”
    After her response, her publicist nudged her, but Greene didn’t seem to care about her blunt answer. When she did eat, she chose “really healthy stuff, which was nice.”
    Greene also said that training extensively for the sequel — which had the third biggest box office opening of all time — accounted for her figure in the movie. “We had a personal trainer and then we also had fight training,” she told Us. “It was a good four hours a day of training.”
    To stay in shape these days, she said she does Pilates, usually six days a week. “I do it early in the morning. It wakes you up, and it’s kind of refreshing,” said Greene, who is headed to London in a few months to begin filming the thriller The Apparition. “And that is basically it. Sometimes cardio. I am not a big weight person because when I do weights I build muscle mass.”
    [From Us Weekly]
    Thanks, publicist. Now we know why you earn the big bucks, keeping your clients in line. This is one of those cases where someone gave an honest answer, but not the correct answer. Ashley should have added something about how not eating isn’t the smartest or safest way to lose weight. If nothing else, just to cover her own ass. And it’s true, too. Either she doesn’t know that or doesn’t care.
    From my own experience, not eating is about the worst way to lose weight. One summer in college I meticulously counted my calories and didn’t allow myself any more than 450 a day. I was the meanest bitch in the world that summer. I went to a Catholic university, and I kid you not, I actually snapped at priests. Several times. Guess how much weight I’d lost by the end of the summer? Nothing. I gained two pounds. And I didn’t break from that ridiculous, torturous, unhealthy diet once. It puts your body into total starvation mode. Ashley probably would have lost a lot more weight if she’d eaten every three hours or so. And while she didn’t say she felt unwell on the set, if she wasn’t eating much and was training a lot, I bet she didn’t feel great. If she’s eaten every few hours, the whole experience probably would have been better for her. And she could answer Us Weekly’s questions honestly and healthfully. That’s why I eat better now. For when Us Weekly comes calling.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Ashley Greene says she shaped up for New Moon by not eating

Elite Member

Ah ha, an honest one - well, they'll crush that soon enough.

So she doesn't eat when she wants to "look good" and hates doing weights because she doesn't like muscle.

Uh, she's like every other female in Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    So she doesn't eat when she wants to "look good" and hates doing weights because she doesn't like muscle.

Uh, she's like every other female in Hollywood.
    At least she admits it, where as all the others say they're just naturally thin.

^ Well, yeah, but this isn't shocking in the least. We all know this goes on.

You know she will end up doing another interview talking about how she was misunderstood or some shit like that.

At least she's honest.
    darksithbunny likes this.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Yes, she was honest, but it's not a great message to young girls who want to look like her.

Crap message...but i like the honesty.

gotta applaud the honesty
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

That works when you're young. And it's exactly what makes you look like ass years later (and make it harder to keep the weight under control).
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

I went to see new moon, I can't remember her at all. What character did she play?

okay nvr mind I just googled it...lol
    she is not memorable even though shes skinny
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

i like that she's honest. and it's not like she looks starved, she said she didn't eat much and did sports, and i guess that's how most people lose weight.
    "This is not meant to be at all offensive: You suffer from diarrhea of the mouth but constipation of the brain." - McJag

Her nose always distracts me. Is it real?

Wow, she sure is gorgeous in that pic.

I had to google her too. I never guessed she played Alice. She is pretty irl but as Alice very non attractive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information