Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Manorexia or just skinny?

Default Manorexia or just skinny?

Sometimes Brandon Boyd looks too effing skinny to me. (Hard to find pictures though) Who do you think is too skinny among the men?

"Well isn't that special"

Hard to tell. In the first pic, he looks like he might be manorexic or a meth-head.

But the next two, he just looks like a naturally skinny guy.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

He was never THAT skinny before...always thin though. My vote is for the drugs
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

I noticed him change too, thought it was drugs though.

The guy who confessed to being an anorexic was that guy from Silverchair. Forget his name, but a lot of girls think he's super hot.

Oh well if this is a recent development, then yeah. Drugs.

Taking drugs out of the picture.... I've known lots of naturally skinny guys. Some of them looked good at their weights, and some of them, not so much. But almost all of them (save a few who were drag queens) wanted to gain anywhere from a little bit to a significant amount of weight.

I don't generally find really skinny guys as attractive as the meatier ones. But that's just me.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by DeadDwarf View Post
    I noticed him change too, thought it was drugs though.

The guy who confessed to being an anorexic was that guy from Silverchair. Forget his name, but a lot of girls think he's super hot.
    I agree about Brandon.

And I think you're talking about Daniel Johns from Silverchair...One of their songs was titled "Ana's Song" which I believe was supposed to be about anorexia.

I've always thought Mick Jagger was freakishly thin, really that goes for any of the Stones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

Wow, he used to look good (Brandon) now..... jeez.
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by Laxmobster View Post
    I agree about Brandon.

And I think you're talking about Daniel Johns from Silverchair...One of their songs was titled "Ana's Song" which I believe was supposed to be about anorexia.

I've always thought Mick Jagger was freakishly thin, really that goes for any of the Stones.
    I liked Daniel back in the day, now not so much (drugs?).

Back in the 90's

We should change the name to "Manorexia, drugs or just skinny"

Now he looks okay (sizewise) but Orlando Bloom at one point, ew... I vote drugs.

^ Sniff sniff.

Elite Member

Years later, I still can't get the image of Kalan Porter (former Canadian Idol) out of my mind. I don't think anyone topped him.

Sorry...hate to be a buzzkill but I hate the term manorexia with a passion, and btw not ripping on you O.P. I just mean in general...I find it highly offensive because it makes it seem like a 'fad' and makes the issue almost light, humorous and less serious...anorexia IS anorexia no matter who it strikes- man, woman, old, young, it's the same disease. Another thing...why with a ridiculously skinny woman it's always an ED but yet with a ridiculously skinny guy it's always drugs?

Guys can have eating disorders too...and many do, it's a serious issue that is rising in men but yet still kept all hush, hush. Men are ashamed most of the time because they feel it emasculates them...it's really sad. I've known and dated guys who engaged in eating disordered behaviors and they were all ashamed and embarrassed about it and constantly hid it from others, including me.

I'm really sorry, I'm not trying to start anything or push anyone's buttons but I feel strongly about this because I'm a sufferer of EDs myself and stuff like this always bothers me. There are a lot of people out there who really do think guys can't have EDs and it's the people like that who make it harder for boys/men to be open about it...it just sucks...

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I completely agree with you MoodyJenny, I would have said it (altough perhaps not so well) if you hadn't.
    Hate the term "manorexia" too.

Apart from that, what is there to say? It's as sad for a man as it is for a woman, and it's as painful to look at.
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

^I only used that term because I wanted it to be about men and not women (since most people only think of women when they hear about eating disorders) ^

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information