Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet model Lizzi Miller: Size 12, 180 pounds

Hit By Ban Bus!

Default Meet model Lizzi Miller: Size 12, 180 pounds

Meet Lizzi Miller, a 20 year old model who posed for Glamour Magazine - but wait, Lizzie isn’t your typical 5′10”, 115 lbs. model. In fact, she’s 5′11”, 180 pounds and a US size 12 / 14, her tummy isn’t perfectly flat and she looks… NORMAL. Even more, Lizzie posed for the magazine in her underwear and her picture was part of an article about boosting your body confidence. The result? Lizzie got an overwhelming support from readers, who loved the picture of a happy, smiling, beautiful woman who didn’t suck in her tummy, didn’t get digital liposuctions in Photoshop, who had realistic curves, a bit of tummy and, above all, who seemed comfortable in her own skin.
    Lizzie and Glamour’s editor are all over the news now - make sure you check the video from the Today Show below! And here’s what Huffington Post says:
    "A single photo used for an article on self confidence in September’s issue of Glamour magazine has caused a buzz in the modeling world.
    After she was captured smiling and showing a bit of a tummy, the Glamour website was immediately overrun with positive comments, inspiring editor-in-chief Cindi Leive to reconsider the models shown in the magazine’s pages."

[YOUTUBE]CZHgnw5cYF4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]DvHB_mvT1AM[/YOUTUBE]
    Here’s what Lizzie says about her figure:
    “When I was young I really struggled with my body and how it looked because I didn’t understand why my friends were so effortlessly skinny,” Lizzi told me. “As I got older I realized that everyone’s body is different and not everyone is skinny naturally–me included! I learned to love my body for how it is, every curve of it. I used to be so self-conscious in a bikini because my stomach wasn’t perfectly defined. But everyone has different body shapes!
    You might want to check out this Glamour article and the hundreds of comments under it - click here!

Meet Model Lizzi Miller: Size 12, 180 Pounds | Skinny VS Curvy

Elite Member

She's gorgeous.

But she's 5'11. Most women I know who wear a size 12/14 are wayyyyyyyyy shorter than her, so I don't think she is really representative of larger-sized American women.

She looks 20 pounds lighter.
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ConstanceSpry View Post
    But she's 5'11. Most women I know who wear a size 12/14 are wayyyyyyyyy shorter than her, so I don't think she is really representative of larger-sized American women.
    I agree, she's not. Most "plus size" models aren't. They just tend to be a very tall woman who carries the appropriate amount of weight to height ratio, for the most part. Very few of them have big bellies and fat legs like us "real" plus size women.

Wow, this girl is everywhere! So how long till she gets her own reality show?

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

One of the 'joys' of being tall is you can carry more weight and get away with it a heck of a lot more. FWIW I'm the same height as her and about a stone and a half lighter. This makes me feel good, but I don't looks as good as she does!

I don't want to hate on her but I think they have airbrushed her a little bit...unless she just has amazing skin!

eta-about stone and a half is about 20 pounds

I'm glad that they're including her, but why does she have to be a part of a "big is beautiful" editorial... it's like every time a plus size model gets some exposure the magazine had to REMIND us that she's plus sized.. like they're fulfilling some sort of quota. It's kind of discouraging that you turn the page and the moment is over.. back to skinny minnies.

She's a pretty girl, but so tall it's hard to identify with her

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    She's a pretty girl, but so tall it's hard to identify with her
    lol, I think that's the problem I have in general. Well, the tall part anyway!

She does look positively Amazonian sat next to that woman on that Youtube clip.

I'm 5'10 1/2 , I weight 125 pounds and I look thin but normal, so there's no way that this girl can be 180, she's 150 at the most

Hit By Ban Bus!

This sort of thing used to piss off my best friend in high school. I'm 5'10 and she's 5'4, and we both weighed 130 pounds. She would get so mad when we would go shopping and I would get the size 4 and she had to get the size 8.

She got mad buying a size 8? I should be so lucky!

it's hard to pin down weight on certain people.

I'm 5'3", and wear a size 2 (sometimes a 1), I look very thin, but when I tell people how much I weigh, they are always surprised. I have heavy bones, and am muscular, so they never, ever guess right.

In my early 20's my best friend wore a 6, while I was a 0 or 1, yet I weighed more than she did.

That's why the scale doesn't matter so much.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I remember when Sophie Dahl was happy with her body not being super skinny. Didn't last.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information