Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK!: Jessica Simpson’s “revenge diet” after Tony Romo split

Default OK!: Jessica Simpson’s “revenge diet” after Tony Romo split

It was inevitable really. After any kind of prominent woman splits with a boyfriend or husband, there’s always at least one tabloid cover devoted to her “revenge diet”. I’ve never really understood why a woman would need a “revenge diet”. Wouldn’t a normal diet be okay? What’s the difference between a revenge diet and a normal diet? For that matter, what’s the difference between a revenge diet and just taking care of yourself through diet and exercise normally? Perhaps I’m in the minority though - because these covers never stop, and I think they’re usually a good-selling issue.
    So we have Jessica Simpson’s “revenge diet”. OK! put an excerpt from their cover story up, and it’s a classic. After portraying Jessica as utterly devastated for weeks, the new and improved post-Romo Jessica is “serious about getting her body back into fighting shape” and Jessica finds working out to be great therapy, as opposed to “sitting around moping or throwing pity parties with ice cream sundaes.” Classic! I love a good “pity party” reference.
    In the wake of her heartbreaking split from Tony Romo on the eve of her 29th birthday earlier this month, Jessica Simpson has decided that the way to get the sweetest revenge on her former sweetheart is to sweat off some pounds at the gym.
    “Right after Tony ended things, Jessica said, ‘I want my old body back,’” a friend of the singer reveals in the new issue of OK!. “She went into her kitchen, got a trash bag and started to clear it out.”
    And getting rid of the bad food isn’t the only way she’s slimming down. Jessica has been spotted several times in the last two weeks heading to celeb trainer Harley Pasternak’s West Hollywood fitness center.
    “Jess is serious about getting her body back into fighting shape,” her pal reveals to OK!. “Working out is helping to give her focus and clear her head. It’s better than sitting around moping or throwing pity parties with ice cream sundaes.”
    And the results are already starting to show — Jessica, whose weight fluctuations have often been the subject of water-cooler discussion, dropped 10 pounds in just the first 10 days of working out!
    “She doesn’t want to give anyone more reason to not take her seriously,” explains the pal. “She’s tired of weight being a talking point.”
    To find out exactly how Jess is shedding the pounds — and who she’s turning to for support in this tough time — be sure to pick up the new issue of OK!; on sale everywhere Thursday!
    [From OK! Magazine]
    This is what happened - the paparazzi got some good photos of Jessica going in and out of gyms and they built a cover story around it. I have no idea is Jessica is actually working out more than she did when she was with Tony, or if she’s actually on a diet or whatever. But whatever she’s doing, she still seems healthy, so whatever. Personally, I hate when people criticize Jess’s body or her weight fluctuations. Her body has always looked fine to me, it’s her clothing and fashion sense that need some sort of “revenge” plan. Maybe her “revenge diet” is all about going down one dress size so she can buy herself a new, better wardrobe.

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » OK!: Jessica Simpson’s “revenge diet” after Tony Romo split

Well, it's not on "People"'s cover, but close enough!

Revenge diet - throw up everything you eat, or simply don't eat anything. Then have a picture taken either going to or leaving the gym to cover your tracks.
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

10 pounds in 10 days. That sounds real healthy
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Revenge diet? What a stupid concept.

The only person I choose to lose weight for is ME.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

I hope she doesn't do the post break-up radical haircut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylkyn View Post
    Well, it's not on "People"'s cover, but close enough!

WORD. A ha ha ha ha ha, is anything more predictable than a celeb?

Gold Member

I stopped eating after my break up due to heartbreak , not revenge. Anyone who gets their "old body" back after ten days never lost it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    Sounds like she pissed out some body water. Hell, I pee out about 3-5 pounds worth of period bloat in a day every month.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

God. Can't they leave this chick alone? I can't stand her but who wants to deal with the emotional aftermath of a breakup in the public eye.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoAmI View Post
    I hope she doesn't do the post break-up radical haircut.
    Oh Gawd, I wish she would! That'd be awesome.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

What? "Desperate-attempt-to-get-back-my-boyfriend-so-I-can-feel-worthy-and-validated" diet was taken?

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    LOL. That's the first thing I said.

She looks good in that pic. Oh well at least it's better to work out after a break up than sit around eating Baskin Robbin strawberry split sundaes (but mmm now I want one!).

Now....if can do something about her unfortunate mouth
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    God. Can't they leave this chick alone? I can't stand her but who wants to deal with the emotional aftermath of a breakup in the public eye.
    I agree. However, she needs to STFU about who she dates when she's dating them first then maybe the articles after they break up will diminish?

That before picture is horrid, I don't think she was ever that heavy and I still think at her "heaviest" in those blue mom jeans she was at most 130lbs which is NOT fat by any standard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information