Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gwenyth Paltrow's juice detox diet

Default Gwenyth Paltrow's juice detox diet

Gwyneth Paltrow: Three Week Juice Diet "Worked Wonders"
    Thursday July 9, 2009

Gwyneth Paltrow arrives at the Los Angeles premiere of "Valentino: The Last Emperor" on April 1, 2009 in Los Angeles, California.
    Jeffrey Mayer/WireImage.com

Gwyneth Paltrow is slimmer thanks to a mostly juice detox diet she followed for three weeks.
    "I feel pure and happy and much lighter," the actress writes in her GOOP newsletter. "I dropped the extra pounds that I had gained during a majorly fun and delicious 'relax and enjoy life phase' about a month ago."

Paltrow goes on: "This program allowed me to work and exercise regularly, something I cannot do if I am on a liquid-only detox."
    (Pal Mario Batali once told Us Paltrow hits the gym three hours a day.)

New York-based cardiologist Dr. Alejandro Junger explains the "Clean" detox works by cutting out most food and "reducing digestive work so detox can occur in full mode. The Clean Program eases digestion by providing two liquid meals a day and a solid one in between, eliminating allergenic and mucus-forming food, which frees up even more energy," the doctor writes.

"This program allowed I followed it to the letter and I can report that it worked wonders," Paltrow says. "This thing is amazing."

http://www.usmagazine.com/news/gwyne...wonders-200997

She's amazing, a real life hero.

^

She's on the eat nothing diet. Works wonders.

I hate her.

On a side note, I've never done a 'juice fast' or 'detox diet' ... any benefits? I'm not aiming to lose weight, I just wonder if it really is good for you.

Pal Mario Batali once told Us Paltrow hits the gym three hours a day
    then she should get a better trainer. there's no need to spend 3 hours a day in the gym.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

So...what she's telling us is that she's completely poop and mucus free? Damn, I always thought she was completely full of shit. What would be left?
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Uh yeah, if you only drink juice and don't eat food, you're going to loose weight. Fucking genius that bitch is. She has such an asinine gift of taking credit for informing people of shit that is common sense. Hate her.
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

Quote Originally Posted by burnt_toast View Post
    I hate her.

On a side note, I've never done a 'juice fast' or 'detox diet' ... any benefits? I'm not aiming to lose weight, I just wonder if it really is good for you.
    I think it is very good for you. I find juice fasting really helps with appetite control, especially if you are prone to a lot of 'mindless' eating. You would think that having nothing but juice would have the opposite effect, but the nutrients from fresh juices are very quickly and easily absorbed into your system, so you don't feel as hungry as you might expect.

On a personal note, nothing cures a migraine more quickly or effectively than a water fast!

Quote Originally Posted by aabbcc View Post
    I think it is very good for you. I find juice fasting really helps with appetite control, especially if you are prone to a lot of 'mindless' eating. You would think that having nothing but juice would have the opposite effect, but the nutrients from fresh juices are very quickly and easily absorbed into your system, so you don't feel as hungry as you might expect.

On a personal note, nothing cures a migraine more quickly or effectively than a water fast!
    Hm, sounds like fun. Do you only do a specific kind of juice, or do you drink several different ones during the fast? How long do you usually fast?

You can drink different juices. Green juices are super-healthy, but they can take getting used to. I think most people stick to fruit juices and more 'normal' veg juices like carrot and tomato. I've never done more than a couple of days [because I like to eat ].

You can also do a mono-diet of juice and fruit. Some people find that easier. You can do juice in the morning, smoothies in the afternoon, and fruit in the evening.

czb

can you exercise on a diet like that? can't imagine doing a hilly 30 mile ride.

I wouldn't do anything very strenuous. I stick to walking and yoga. I only do fasting and mono-dieting for a couple of days at a time anyway.

czb

^^^ that makes sense. thanks.

Let us all bow down to the juice sucking Gwenny, queen of all fatties. (give me a damn break...)
    Did you know that an anagram for "Conscious Uncoupling" is "Iconic Uncool Pus Guns"? - MohandasKGanja

Elite Member

I'm not sure who annoys me more: Fishsticks and her so-called expertise on everything healthy or Megan Fox and her expertise on everything stupid.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information