Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jerry Hayes from The Biggest Loser

Default Jerry Hayes from The Biggest Loser

Jerry Hayes from The Biggest Loser - At 64, Pepaw Jerry is the oldest person to ever compete in The Biggest Loser. He was axed in week two, but that didn't stop his ass. While at home, Pepaw Jerry lost nearly half of his body weight. During last night's finale, he became the at-home winner and took home $100,000! That shit is going to buy a whole lot of Werther's Originals. Oh wait, do they make that shit in a sugar-free version? Viva Jerry!

Dlisted | Be Very Afraid

The guy who also fell out and had to be carted off in an ambulance on day one. Also, about a half a dozen health problems he was on meds for. Gone.

Imagine that.
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Wow, he looks like an entirely new person. Good for him.
    Rock the fuck on!

I couldn't get over the lady that won. 48 year old chick who went from 257 to 117! I think she lost like, that last 30 pounds or so of that from the time she went home to the airing of the finale.

This old guy and his wife are adorable. She lost quite a lot herself. He had his granddaughter on the stage after he won the 100 grand.

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    I couldn't get over the lady that won. 48 year old chick who went from 257 to 117! I think she lost like, that last 30 pounds or so of that from the time she went home to the airing of the finale.
    Yeah, I was momentarily distracted by Helen's pink satin tube dress, but I was fucking floored when she got on the scale and it said 117. I can't even remember the last time I was 117 and she went from over 250 down to 117 in less than 6 months?! And she did lose 30 while she was at home, because I remember she left the ranch at 147.

This old guy and his wife are adorable. She lost quite a lot herself. He had his granddaughter on the stage after he won the 100 grand.
    It's something else that he lost 177 pounds all by himself at home. I don't know what he did, but I (half-way) joked at work today that he acted like he was on something last night.

And Mike is an 18 year old hot piece now who will be getting plenty of leg.

I almost wonder if they made them wear their "team" colors because Tara then came prancing out in green satin. But then Mike would have had to be in something brown, which he wasn't.

i hate this show. how can it be healthy to lose more than half your body weight in six months?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Obviously not healthy to lose so much,they'll gain it all back.
    My goal is to be happy with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i hate this show. how can it be healthy to lose more than half your body weight in six months?
    Because the original heavy weight was going to kill them,anyway!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    On one hand, I agree there. Everything I've ever seen or known about weight loss tells me that slow-moderate loss over the longer haul is healthier and more likely to result in larger amounts lost and greater chance to be kept off.

But when you consider the circumstances, it's (at least the amount lost in the shorter time period) not quite so remarkable. Imagine you're plucked out of your normal existence and put in an environment where the singular focus is weight loss...where your life revolves around nothing else but working out, eating (correctly at that) and sleeping and nothing else. No family, friends or other responsibilities for the whole time. Who wouldn't lose buttloads of weight?

Where it's unrealistic is this isn't a situation/environment that you could replicate in the real world. People see this on TV and think losing that amount in such a period of time is perfectly normal and something they should be able to do at home if they work hard enough, which is definitely a crock.

I'm sort of torn here. Yes, it's extreme. But is it more or less so and are they better or worse off than being over 100 pounds overweight and (in the case of several of these people on the front end) sick as hell? There are a good many who've managed to keep it off. That girl Allie even looks way smaller and tighter now (more like a person who is "naturally" that size) than when she won 2 seasons ago. Realistically probably way more people have regained. But speaking of Allie, one reason she might look even better now a year-two(?) later is her body has had time to readjust itself to her new look. She's obviously kept up with working out, which is the only way you're gonna have a hope in hell of not going right back to the same state.

What I'm amazed about is how these people don't seem to have the sagging skin I would expect to see from people who've lost over 100 pounds. Plus, they've done it all extremely quickly without the body having time to adjust. Some of them have some loose skin in the arm area, but nothing like what I would expect to see.

Obviously I don't see them naked, so there might be issues we just don't see, but when Allie was running the marathon with Helen, Mike, and Tara she looked really, really, really tight. I couldn't see anything on her that suggested she used to weigh 250.

I saw some of the finale, and saw this guy win, and hey---he deserves the freaking 100G's, wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent View Post
    What I'm amazed about is how these people don't seem to have the sagging skin I would expect to see from people who've lost over 100 pounds. Plus, they've done it all extremely quickly without the body having time to adjust. Some of them have some loose skin in the arm area, but nothing like what I would expect to see.

Obviously I don't see them naked, so there might be issues we just don't see, but when Allie was running the marathon with Helen, Mike, and Tara she looked really, really, really tight. I couldn't see anything on her that suggested she used to weigh 250.
    I see it. Especially in their arms like you said. Allie did look tight in that marathon ep. Way more than when she first won. I think some of this depends on their ages, some genetics...how and where they carry their fat, how it goes when they drop it like that (equally over the whole body, or one place quicker than another?) and how well their skin snaps back, like that girl Michelle.

From what I know about Allie, she's practically become an athlete now. And it's safe to say that's probably a big life change from how she was existing before.

I bet the longer you manage to go keeping it off after losing, the more normal it starts to look on you. A friend of mine went from 270 to 140 in less than a year on the Atkins. If you look at her now as opposed to initially, it's a lot less obvious she once could have been so heavy.

Many of the winners go on to get total body lifts, complimentary to promote the Dr. Nicole from last season is getting her reconstructive work done and I hear her promote it on the radio everyday.

A recent article updating past contestants proved out that almost all had regained 40+ lbs since leaving the show. It is great that they change their lives so much in just 6 months but there needs to be greater focus on living at a healthy weight beyond the show.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

They're basically starved before weigh ins.... a lot of contestants gain weight back. Granted, they aren't anywhere near pre-show levels.. but still, I remember reading that one guy survived on water and carrots before weigh ins. It's ridiculous and really unhealthy habits to promote.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information