Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Hot 1980s-era Women

I thought Dana Delany was gorgeous:

Also, pre-psychotic Sean Young:

There were some really hot rock chicks back then. Susanna Hoffs:

Kate Bush I put in the Hot Women thread already but then there was also

Joan Jett:

Annie Lennox:

and Tori Amos--what, she's 90's you say? NO. She is an uber-80s rocker chick because there is nothing that screams 80s cheese like "Y Kant Tori Read".

And then there was Daryl Hannah, legs for miles, hot AND weird:

Melanie Griffith, yes really, here in "Something Wild"--she's mad sexy and so
    adorable in that movie, really iconic. I loved her and I hate how she's ended up.

BITTER and Lalasnake like this.
    Did you know that every time a parent gives in to their kid's whines and buys them candy at the checkout lane, a kitten gets diabetes?-Dlisted
    I dislike groups of people, but I love individuals. Every person you look at, you can see the universe in their eyes, if you're really looking.
    -George Carlin

Kathie, I feel like you read my mind with those shots. I have loved Dana Delany since forever. Especially loved Sean Young in Bladerunner and Stripes. Susanna Hoffs is awesome.
    Kathie_Moffett likes this.

Sorry for the double post, but it wouldn't let me edit my last one to edit this in. I wanted to add Patty Smyth from Scandal. I loved "Goodbye to You" and especially "Love's Got a Line on You". I also love her singing voice. I read that when David Lee Roth left Van Halen, Eddie asked Patty to replace him, but she turned him down. Check out Jon Bon Jovi (who was briefly in her band) in video at the bottom:

Huh, I've never heard of Patty Smith. I thought it was Isabella Rosselini when I saw the pics. Patty is cute, she reminds me of a friend of mine.

Mmmmmmmmmm, Isabella.
    "I am a social vegan; I avoid meet! Anonymous Introvert

'The Warrior' is one of my all time favs. Patty's vibrato voice as she hangs on to that note and takes it different ranges. Oh *sigh... it's SO EIGHTIES. Billy Squire's 'Rock me tonight' came out at the same time I believe, and Bryan Adam's 'Cuts like a knife. I remember listening to those songs one summer with a teeny silver ghettoblaster suck to my ear as I hung out at a local swimming pool/park with friends. They played over and over on the radio.
    Makes me wanna get physical just thinking about it,lol

^^^ It's cheesy as hell, but I love 'Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough'. Patty Smyth's voice is so great it makes me less embarrassed. I have her greatest hits CD somewhere in my car and will belt out 'I Should Be Laughing' at least once a year. 'The Warrior' was one of the first songs my daughter ever "learned," meaning she was totally convinced she had the lyrics down pat and was actually singing something like "shooting as you fall from heartbreak, bang bang."

Have to mention Daphne Zuniga.

Now I have to run and dig out The Sure Thing.
    MohandasKGanja likes this.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

I love "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough".... Patty's voice is to die for!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by manningmsj View Post
    ^^^ It's cheesy as hell, but I love 'Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough'. Patty Smyth's voice is so great it makes me less embarrassed. I have her greatest hits CD somewhere in my car and will belt out 'I Should Be Laughing' at least once a year. 'The Warrior' was one of the first songs my daughter ever "learned," meaning she was totally convinced she had the lyrics down pat and was actually singing something like "shooting as you fall from heartbreak, bang bang."

Have to mention Daphne Zuniga.

Now I have to run and dig out The Sure Thing.
    It's really funny that you mentioned Daphne Zuniga. At one point in the late 1980s, I was working at a video store, and one of my coworkers was this cute El Savadoran woman. Her name was Krista and she had this super-cool, lyrical last name. She said that Daphne Zuniga was her cousin. I kept hoping that Daphne Zuniga would walk in to the store unexpectedly, LOL.....

^^^ That would have been awesome. She still looks pretty good, IMO. Spaceballs was on the other day and she was so gorgeous in it I thought of this thread.

I just remembered that The Sure Thing also starred a young Nicollette Sheridan. I don't find her attractive ordinarily, but she looked great in that film.
    My doctor says that I have a malformed public-duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.- Douglas Adams

We don't have any hot rocks chics nowadays, like the 80s and 90s.

I don't know if anybody will agree with me, but as a nerd, who fell in love with her the first time I saw "Alien", I think that Sigourney Weaver, the thinking-man's sex symbol, was pretty hot in the 1980's:

Kim Basinger is not my type at all, but she was definitely one of the hot women of the 1980's:
    Kathie_Moffett and Honeythorn like this.

I loved the early 80's supermodels, before the Cindy/Christy/Linda's. Kim, Renee, Christy B., and this model named Estelle that I loved.

I thought Brooke Shields was one of the prettiest creatures on the face of the earth.
    Belt Up likes this.

Estelle Le Whatsit was divine and I'm not usually a lover of blondes...she did elegant/sexy really well, even when hamming it up in George Michael's Too Funky vid.

She's refreshingly PS free in recent pics...and all the more lovely for it.
    KrisNine likes this.
    Who lit the fuse on your tampon?

^^Yes. That's her. She looks fantastic these days. This is from 2012.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information