Cool Aftab Shivdasani.....

Aftab Shivdasani

Thumbs up Shiny Ahuja.......

Shiny Ahuja

article
    My wife is my best critic: Shiny Ahuja
    Courtesy:IndiaFM

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Four films old and Shiny Ahuja has played some real interesting characters in some really offbeat films like Sins, Hazaron Khwaishein Aisi, Kal - Yesterday and Tomorrow. A tremendously talented Shiny reveals that he loves to get into the skin of the character. His passion for acting reflects in his choice of movies.

For his next movie, he is confident enough to portray the role of a Gangster. Shiny speaks about Gangster and his future projects...

You did modeling before landing into Bollywood. Did you always want to be an actor?
    I always wanted to act. I was doing theatre before I got into modeling. I came to Bombay to act. It wasn't that easy to get into films especially when you don't know anyone here. Fortunately I came with an acting background. I wasn't too confident that I would get modeling assignments. I started getting modeling assignments. Everyday was tough. But I think that's a part of life. If there is no challenge, there is no fun to it.

What do you think is the difference between theatre and films? Was it difficult to emote in front of a camera?
    Actually it is. It has a wider audience. It's a medium through which you need to relate through the person. You have to remember the number of people inside the lens. I also built a relationship with my costars. That comes across on screen.

Tell us something about your experience in theatre. What was your favorite role?
    I have been doing theatre, right from my school days. I won the Best actor in the whole of India when I was in college. That was really encouraging and it helped me get into my college. Otherwise my percentage was really bad! My dad wanted me to get into that college. I was good in sports. I used to play cricket, football and volleyball. Acting helped me initially.

According to Sudhir Mishra, you are one of the most promising actors he has ever met. Did it mean a lot to you?
    Absolutely! Usually, people see your work and they comment on it. You obviously feel good! But coming from a person like Sudhir, it's great! I think he is one of the best directors in the industry. Such a statement coming from him, feels good.

In the initial stages of your career, you did films like Sins, Kal- Yesterday and Tomorrow etc. They are not regular commercial . Was it a conscious decision?
    I got a lot of offers from filmmakers. But I thought these were the most interesting roles. The characters were very challenging. I did them for myself. It's not to entertain anyone or to prove a point. I act because I enjoy doing that particular character. I love to go through the journey of a certain kind of human being. Every time I play the character, it helps me become another person. Now, such kind of roles are coming through commercial cinema as well.

Your characters have a lot of depth. Do you really meet such people or do you just think about them?
    I don't do preparations as such, because I am not a method actor. Method is like a formula, especially when I get stuck. Usually, I build the graph in my mind. It becomes easy to portray the character on screen. The greatest thing is that God has made us all gray and not black or white. It's just the question of finding the key inside you and starting from the right point. You just have to go back and change the incident of your life. And when you change those incidents, life can take its turns. Destiny plays an important role in this. It's a fictitious thing in your mind. It's like living a real moment in unreal circumstances. I am playing a killer in the film. There are a lot of interesting aspects written in the script. I just had to find the trigger point from all of them. Once you have them in your mind, you just have to go with the flow.

he kinda looks like george clooney
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

Default Syed Abdullah Ejaz........pakistani male model

Article

All Eyes On ABDULLAH
    By Sheryar e. qureshi
    Three reasons why Abdullah wouldn't make a good model:[1.] he seems to be the product of non-indigenous genes. [2.] He has a laidback attitude towards PR in modeling. [3.] He sometimes deceives the viewer into thinking that he/she is looking at Farooq Mannan.
    Firstly, If people cannot at some level relate to the face they see in the image, they will not buy into the fantasy of whatever he is so alluring advocating. Furthermore, shyly spurning diversification and trading fashion magazines and swanky celebrity soirees for textbooks and motorcycle joyrides is not the way to go about advancing a career hinged on media appearances and keeping up appearances. And finally, fashion is about change: people don't want to see variations of the same face over and over again.
    How is it, then, that Abdullah has become one of the highest paid male models in the country? See reasons [1.], [2.] and [3.].
    The fact that this 21-year-old seems to be an import from a Guess? Jeans and has only added to the appeal of this unexpectedly homespun hunk. Fashion thrives on being one step ahead of the masses, and Abdullah's exoticness, blooming from his freckled English-rose complexion, Californian-surfer bod, and Samarkand-prince bearing, has propelled it a leap forward instead. Secondly, his demure and hardworking nature has allowed him to make modeling work for him, instead of the other way round. In Abdullah there's an honest absence of any lust for fame. What he covets is self-development {characterized by, among other things, a stern health regimen and a determination to successfully complete his bachelors degree amidst all the hoopla of stardom}, a quality that pleases both the gods of fate and the deities of style. Lastly, Abdullah's visage is not a barefaced replica of the now low-profile Farooq Mannan's, but rather a whiff of inspiration that only serves to intrigue. And in this idolatrous era of pop culture predominance, where many still identify the former advertiser's-dream as their favourite male model, emulation is the best form of celebrity.
    A question arises: Is Abdullah already a celebrity? Let's see. In the tradition of our most envy-and lust-inspiring male beauty stars (Mikaal, Nomi, Nael), he already has the one-punch knockout of a moniker. It might not necessarily be among the first to roll off your( drooling!) tongue when asked to name famous male models, but there's no doubt that you've seen the boy's handsome face all around town. After hiring him for their second campaign in a row (a first is itself), retail empire Chen One deemed it fit to lavish the cities with his likeness. He has paraded clothes down ramps and flaunted them in glossies. Abdullah can also be seen romancing in newcomer Bilawal's music video, Teray Bin. Unwittingly, he even managed to lure Lollywood to his doorstep( lest films be left behind!) but courting heroines was deferred in favour of courting a degree. He did take a break, however, for a quick jaunt in Dubai: he'd been nominated in the best male model category of the Lux Style Awards. Early indicators of star-in-the-making potential are good.
    Thus, we have established that Abdullah is, after all, tailor-made to become a big name in modeling, and indeed, has a career that's already being stitched in the mode of a superstar. And soon we learn that he is an only son among a teeming brood of four daughters. So surely that humble and soft-spoken treatment we get is a specially prepaid, for-journalists-only ruse designed to conceal a billboard-sized ego, right? Wrong! According to Khawar Riaz, Abdullah has such a gentle and retiring nature that along with his overall look, KR also had to groom his confidence. Even now, Abdullah shies away from large crowds, hence his aversion to pretentious showbiz bashes, and instead prefers to hone his language skills with a good book.
    Other pastimes include cricket, which he doesn't get to indulge in much anymore; heavy bikes, which his father won't let him buy; and computer animation, which he hoped to make a career in before Khawar Riaz came calling. Or rather, a small-time photographer that Abdullah sometimes worked for came calling on KR.
    The reason for the visit was this new boy that the photographer wanted to bring to KR's attention. Slim, fair, and unassuming, the 19 year-old Syed Abdullah Ejaz was a far cry from the buff and branded Beckham-inspired rebel image that he currently in habits. KR was unimpressed, and dismissed the Pathan-looking Punjabi AS “phheeka.” But then, like another King of yore, KR too had a dream: he realized that with the right ingredients, this bland dish could soon be selling like hotcakes. And so the beauty chef decided to tighten his primping apron, and get to work.
    At first, Abdullah had reservations about KR's decidedly un-Depilex style of grooming. If you're a male model hopeful and you've been touched by the great KR, flaking pancake and crusting hair gel are the least of your concerns. No less overwhelming than the US Witness Protection Program, KR's lifestyle remodeling regimen is not for the faint of heart. From carefully monitored meals (for Abdullah it's a special Lebanese food diet) to daily workout sessions (the boy trains with a coach every morning at 8), you have to devote yourself body and soul to the cause. And while it's all meant to turn your seemingly average street-side Romeo into the next Mr. Lawrencepur, to the uninitiated it can be a bit daunting. Fellow Ocular (that's KR's agency) model-member, Daniyal, remembers how apprehensive he was at first when he was thrust under the scorching sun to bake his light tan into a blazing Latino bronze. But it paid off: Daniyal's KR-contrived Brazilian look helped him walk off with the best male model LSA this year.
    Like everyone else, Abdullah too was soon won over by the latter-day Professor Higgins. And it's not hard to see why. A tiny incident will help develop a clearer picture. While I was talking to the future face of Pierre Cardin (in Pakistan), KR interrupted to announce that it was Abdullah's lunch time. So, Abdullah, ever the dutiful son figure, and I, ever the dutiful snooper, went downstairs. What I saw there was more surprising than Iraj's recent haircut! The servant had been sent away on an errand, so KR was lovingly puttering about in the kitchen, preparing the male-model-of-the-moment's special meal himself! The beauty chef had turned gourmet chef! And I have to admit, the result was delicious. Who knew KR could stir up minced meet as well as he stirred up the fashion industry!
    It's no wonder that with so much genuine care, Abdullah has become KR's number one fan. After every snippet of conversation, he verbally touches home base with a grateful word for his mentor.
    And now, two reasons why you may not see a lot of Abdullah in the future1.) he wants to travel more, and already has a trip to Egypt in the pipeline. (2.) He wants to pursue an MBA degree.
    A whole bunch reasons that will cancel out the previous ones and result in your seeing a whole lot of Abdullah in the future: (1.) There seems to be no end in sight to his commercial, print, and runway assignments. ( Those last, incidentally, are what he loves the most.) (2.) Though ever the humble gentleman, he loves to connect with his fans. (3.) He wants to use his fame for more than just a choice designer shoot. He would love to work for some charitable cause. (4.) His grandmother (wife of Sheikh Riaz Ahmed) always dreamed of showbiz stardom for her grandson, and her prayers are with him. (5.) We love him!

Unhappy No!

Quote Originally Posted by latinaforever View Post

he kinda looks like george clooney
    lol, I hate him to much to compare him with a likeable guy like george. He's Aishwarya's ex and he use to beat the shit out of her. Plus he's connected to the underworld and runs over deers when hes drunk. Bastard.

But they were good in hum dil de chuke sanam together.

dholi taro dhol baaje fav song from the movie!

tadap tadap ke

Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam General Search

tadap tadap ke
    did she commit suicide in the movie????
    When you're strange
    Faces come out of the rain

Quote Originally Posted by latinaforever View Post
    tadap tadap ke
    did she commit suicide in the movie????
    no, but here's review/synopsis. BTW I was like 9 when it came out haven't seen it through and through since. I mostly watch the dance scenes on you tube.

Imdb source
    This is a superb movie that everyone has got to see. In my opinion, Aishwarya Rai has given her best performance till now. The movie has captured the breathtaking beauty of Rajhasthan and Gujarat and you can also view the cultural settings of India. Everyone is decked in elaborate clothes and jewellery and it's huge family living in a mansion. The story begins with a famous classical singer and his family all living in this huge mansion. He has a student coming from Italy named Sameer (Salman Khan) to learn classical music from him. Sameer meets and falls in love with his beautiful and talented daughter Nandini (Aishwarya Rai). Soon, her father finds out about this affair and orders Sameer to leave and as part of his 'gurudakshina', never to see Nandini again. He leaves and Nandini becomes really depressed. Her parents arrange her marriage with a family friend whose son Vanraj (Ajay Devgan) is a lawyer. Nandini is 'cold' to her new husband and he soon finds out why when he reads Sameer's letters to Nandini. He becomes angry but soon realizes that in order to make his wife happy, he's going to have to find Sameer. He therefore sacrifices his love for her and takes her to Italy in search for Sameer which becomes tough because Nandini doesn't have a picture of Sameer. While they are searching, Nandini gets shot by theives who take all their money and jewellery. Vanraj takes good care of her. While Nandini is in the hospital, Vanraj meets Sameer but he doesn't realize that this is the guy they are looking for. Soon, they become friends. Finally, Nandini has a chance to meet Sameer but she realizes that her feelings for him have changed. So, whom will Nandini chose? To know, you've got to watch the movie! Ajay Devgan has given one of his best performances ever. It is definitely a movie worth watching. Ash looks stunningly beautiful decked in traditional Indian clothes. The songs are also extremely good.

Thumbs up Zayed Khan

Zayed Khan

Thumbs up Zulfi Syed........

Zulfi Syed

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information