Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zeituni Onyango, Obama’s aunt says US obligated to make her citizen

^best post today
    On avance, on avance, on avance...

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    Its a case of saying one thing and doing another. Which is pretty much par for the course with Obama. Don't say "if she broke the law, she needs to hit the fucking road" and then invite the bitch to the inauguration and flaunt the fact in front of the people who elected you. mkay? that's all.
    where did he say that?
    he said "If she has violated laws, then those laws have to be obeyed," and implied he wasn't against her possible deportation, if it were to happen. he didn't say, i'm gonna make sure she gets kicked out. in the end, she wasn't deported but granted asylum, as are many people, even after technically being in the country illegally for a certain period of time - in her case, in between when her first petition was rejected and when the final one was accepted.
    but again, i fail to see what that has to do with inviting her to the inauguration, as his relative. just because you don't necessarily agree with something a relative has done doesn't mean you wouldn't invite them somewhere.

seriously, i get disliking a politician, but it's really another when people, based on their dislike, take random words and then run with them and invent this whole other story in their heads.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    When Jesus and I hang out he doesn't pick up the bill for anything. Cheap bastard.
    The trick is to buy the first bottle of wine and keep hitting him up for the free refills.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    where did he say that?
    he said "If she has violated laws, then those laws have to be obeyed," and implied he wasn't against her possible deportation, if it were to happen. he didn't say, i'm gonna make sure she gets kicked out. in the end, she wasn't deported but granted asylum, as are many people, even after technically being in the country illegally for a certain period of time - in her case, in between when her first petition was rejected and when the final one was accepted.
    but again, i fail to see what that has to do with inviting her to the inauguration, as his relative. just because you don't necessarily agree with something a relative has done doesn't mean you wouldn't invite them somewhere.

seriously, i get disliking a politician, but it's really another when people, based on their dislike, take random words and then run with them and invent this whole other story in their heads.
    Yes, you're right. All presidents should invite at least one illegal immigrant to the inauguration.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

she was granted asylum. she is here legally.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    she was granted asylum. she is here legally.
    Yeah, she was granted asylum in MAY. Ok, so at the time of the fucking inauguration, she was NOT here legally.

Ms. Wong has said that if Ms. Onyango were forced to return to Kenya, she would face undue attention and perhaps danger because her nephew was so famous.
    Ms. Wong said in a statement that after the granting of asylum, Ms. Onyango could apply for a work permit, a Social Security number and a driver’s license or state identification card. After one year, she could apply for a permanent green card, and then in five years for citizenship.

See? the story changes from time to time, doesn't it? The first article claimed that she couldn't go back because she was with the minority party and would be in danger. The article from May says she can't go back because she's Obama's aunt. hmmm. smells like BULLSHIT to me.
    Last edited by Mel1973; September 23rd, 2010 at 05:41 AM.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information