Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Young Republicans... scary.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    It's a shame about Beck, because he can be funny. When he pokes fun at himself and his listeners I always laugh. That being said I'm a liberal and he angers me to no end. Living in San Diego we have NO, I repeat NO progressive radio stations. Twice a week I drive 50 miles up to visit my grandkids. After listening to these assholes, my blood pressure is through the roof. I don't listen to PBS because I can't get it on my old (1984) car radio and I need to stay awake while driving. LOL My kids got me a MP2 player so when I learn to podcast I can listen to "leftwing liberals"
    I have Sirius satellite radio, and there is a channel on it called "TalkLeft". And they have the exact opposite of all the right-wing hosts. What's ironic is that one of the guys who has a night show (I forget his name) broadcasts out of the San Diego area....

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by Just Kill Me View Post
    There isn't a Pacifica station?
    What is that?
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I have Sirius satellite radio, and there is a channel on it called "TalkLeft". And they have the exact opposite of all the right-wing hosts. What's ironic is that one of the guys who has a night show (I forget his name) broadcasts out of the San Diego area....
    I'm too cheap to have Sirus but I may have to rethink it.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    At the rate the GOP is heading toward more right-wing extremism, and with the way demographics are trending, a new generation will only keep them as a regional party if they don't make some drastic changes.

The GOP is alienating liberal/moderate whites and all minority groups, which are the groups they need to become resurgent again.
    Bingo! If people had voted the same demographically, and the demographics were the same in 2008 as in 1988, Obama would have been crushed in a landslide. As it is, the future(of who and what the 'American People" are) is moving away from the Republican party. If they do not change, they will be left in the dustbin of history.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Elite Member

As it stands right now, the GOP only has 100 or so electoral votes it can count on in a presidential election. A lot can change in 3.5 years but with them already being a near-regional party, the GOP is going to need more than Rush Limbaugh's farting on us to reverse their fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    I'm too cheap to have Sirus but I may have to rethink it.
    I think it's about $12 a month subscription. Lots of great channels on there, especially music. If you can imagine a genre, it seems like they have a channel for it. There are even all-Elvis and all-Springsteen channels.

Now, that Sirius has merged, you can pretty much listen to every major sporting event on it.

The BBC radio channel is awesome.

I think there are even some small specialized receivers that let you record the music to memory while you listen to it.

there's even an 'Indie Talk' channel....for those not on the left or the right

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Bingo! If people had voted the same demographically, and the demographics were the same in 2008 as in 1988, Obama would have been crushed in a landslide. As it is, the future(of who and what the 'American People" are) is moving away from the Republican party. If they do not change, they will be left in the dustbin of history.
    Exactly. And the moderate Republicans understand this, while most of the hardcore conservatives just think that the problem with the GOP is that they aren't conservative enough. The country is trending more center/left and the GOP is making an even harder move to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post
    there's even an 'Indie Talk' channel....for those not on the left or the right
    That figures. I can't even keep up with all the channels. Which channel number is the Indie one?

^^ Channel 110...it's now called POTUS, but it's mostly the same shows from when they launched it as Indie talk

since the merger, the channels are driving me crazy, i can't keep up

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Valley Doll View Post
    As it stands right now, the GOP only has 100 or so electoral votes it can count on in a presidential election. A lot can change in 3.5 years but with them already being a near-regional party, the GOP is going to need more than Rush Limbaugh's farting on us to reverse their fortune.
    They may not necessarily be able to count on that many. The 2010 Census will probably change some states' electoral votes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information