Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you watching the debate??

The analyssts on cnn are saying they think Obama held his own but McCain won because he spent so much time on offense while Obama was busy being respectful to his opponent. I kinda agree with them to a point, but I guess I still hope my fellow Americans aren't that stupid.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

WHAT? McCain was a POW? Why haven't we heard about this before?

ZOMG. I really have no idea what McCain was nattering on about. And that blinking gives me the creeps.

ETA: I think the biggest problem with McCain is he wouldn't look at anyone except the moderator. It was very off putting.

Obama is going to have to take off those kid gloves.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

10:36 PM: Took McCain til the very end, but he managed to work in the POW reference.

10:36 PM: No one can say our standing in the world is the same as it was. We are going to change that.

10:34 PM: McCain gives a bitchy response -- tries to compare Obama to Bush. HUH? Obama laughs. McCain has been around for a long time...as he keeps reminding us. Yeah, he's got experience, but the WRONG experience. The VERY wrong experience.

10:32 PM: Obama says Bush and McCain have focused all their resources on Iraq. bin laden is still out there. They've ignored China, because of the focus on Iraq. Look at our economy...which is a national security issue. we're not taking care of our vets. The next president has to have a broader strategic mission.

10:30 PM: McCain can't stop talking about the good ole days with Reagan. He really longs for those days. And, al Qaeda established a base in Iraq after we got there.

10:29 PM: Obama says we're safer in some ways. We haven't done enough. We have to focus on al Qaeda. They are operating in 60 countries now...not just Iraq. I am going to restore America's standing in the world. We are the greatest nation in the world.

10:28 PM: McCain thinks we're safer now than the day after 9/11. And he created a commission with Joe Lieberman...and we have a long way to go.

10:26 PM: Chances for another 9/11 on the continental U.S.?

10:24 PM: Obama manages to work in the need for a new energy policy as part of foreign policy. Did you know McCain has been in the Senate for a very, very long time?

10:20 PM: John McCain spends a lot of time on the Georgia question. His campaign advisers were very well paid by the country of Georgia.

One other thing: Where is John McCain's flag pin???

10:16 PM: New question on Russia.

10:14 PM: Obama just busted McCain. SPAIN....McCain won't even meet with prime minister of Spain. That was PERFECT. And, clearly, that got under McCain's skin. He got bitchy in response. See our posts on McCain and Spain here and here.

10:11 PM: Obama had to tell McCain that his adviser, Henry Kissinger, said we should meet with Iran without preconditions. This isn't about having tea. And, it doesn't mean no preparation. Obama is very clear and very strong on this. And, again, he mocked McCain..noting that the Bush administration has reversed itself.

10:09 PM: Does anyone understand what McCain is talking about here? McCain says, Look, I'll sit down with anyone, but not without pre-conditions.

10:08 PM: I think Obama hits the right tone on Iran...and, says McCain is wrong because his view of not talking to our enemies has not worked.

10:06 PM: McCain just gave a long answer on Iran, but I couldn't follow it because of that tie of his. It's really driving me crazy...and I know it's an issue for commenters and other people who are pinging Rob and me.

10:04 PM: New question on the threat from Iran.

10:03 PM: Obama has gotten under McCain's skin....McCain got testy after that Afghanistan question.

10:02 PM: Obama to McCain...no one is talking about defeat in Iraq. But, you are responsible the problems in Afghanistan. You talked about muddling through...you don't muddle through against bin Laden, you don't muddle through against the Taliban.

10:00 PM: McCain wants you to know that he has a long, long record in foreign policy issues. Yeah, we know you're really old, John McCain.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Sara Palin declined to comment???
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I consider it a draw. But McCain lost me a couple of times. He kept talking about back when I was in WWII, during Iran Contra, the first Gulf War...I couldn't even remember what the question was about. He had no point!

I am ashamed to admit that I would place my fingertips together and says"Exxxxxselllllleeeennnnnttt."

I never noticed how positively albino-ish McCain looks. I also noticed his hair is suspicious, his laugh is frightening, he has *shifty eyes*, and tends to repeat pointless stories, like the old guys at the park.

I didn't know McCain had military experience. Next, he is going to say he was in a war and was a POW or something.

I dont know how anyone said that McCain was on the offensive- He just kept trying to sprout talking points and his foreign affairs knowledge was spotty in places.

Yeah, I'm still wtf'ing over the North Koreans are 3 inches taller than South Koreans point. Seriously, wtf?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

10:34 PM: McCain gives a bitchy response -- tries to compare Obama to Bush. HUH? Obama laughs
    Another instance where McCain had no point!

McCain needs to fire his makeup person, too... I (and I KNOW I'm not the only one ) was distracted by the canyons forming between the cracks of makeup on his brow. A NY Times story (I think) did a story on how he spends 5K on a makeup artist.

McCain mentioned Reagan because he needs to appeal to the good ol' cowboys as much as Palin does.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Obama is going to have to take off those kid gloves.
    Yeah, the one thing I think Obama did wrong was that he kept saying that 'I agree with John.' Overall, Obama did a good job, but he has to come a little stronger the next time.

And McCain has to stop avoiding eye contact with Obama, but that's what most people do when they lie.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    The analyssts on cnn are saying they think Obama held his own but McCain won because he spent so much time on offense while Obama was busy being respectful to his opponent. I kinda agree with them to a point, but I guess I still hope my fellow Americans aren't that stupid.
    That's what the analyst are saying over on MSNBC. Every time he said something nice to him, I cringed. And said to my friend, we're FUCKED! McCain is going to use every 'you're right John, and I agree with John' in a damn ad!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    Yeah, I'm still wtf'ing over the North Koreans are 3 inches taller than South Koreans point. Seriously, wtf?
    Word.

I hate Guliani!!!

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information