Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Are you watching the debate??

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Obama is going to have to take off those kid gloves.
    I agree, come out blazing!

My neighbor who is her 60's just told me that the polls of who won the debate don't matter since the older people who will support McCain don't know how to use the computerized things. LMAO!!!!!!!!!! She also said it would be kind of nice to have a blak man win. I swear she has early onset of dementia and I never know what to say to her.

McCain couldnt even look at Obama when they were shaking hands in the end.

^^It's because he can't read lips yet and has to offer him his good ear.

I wasn't impressed by either of them. And what did is that Obama kept saying "I agree with John." See. Both are the same just a different suit.

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    I also think the pundits look at McCain's sneering and failure to even look at Obama as some sort of strength, whereas most normal people would show it as a lack of basic manners and a total lack of maturity and statesmanship.

Not for nuthin' I haven't seen the usual pro-McCain folks post at all tonight and that is the most telling. If Obama had tanked, I would probably be licking my wounds, so go figure..
    You can always count on them here

Who won the Presidential debate and why?

Quote Originally Posted by panda View Post
    I agree, come out blazing!
    He can't That's the hardship he has on top of everything. He can't be too aggressive because you know how that'll make him 'look'. But if he doesn't and stay calm, he's 'weak'. Either way, even as classy as he was in the debate, "nobama" or "hussein" naysayers still refer to him as arrogant!

Maybe I should just start calling McCain Sidney, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    ^^It's because he can't read lips yet and has to offer him his good ear.

I wasn't impressed by either of them. And what did is that Obama kept saying "I agree with John." See. Both are the same just a different suit.
    How a simplistic way of viewing things.

He is showing what he agrees with some things with McCain but inserting where they differ. Whereas McCain keeps going on about how senator Obama doesn't understand yada yada yada. Were you even watching?

McCain's body language gave great insight to what is really going on in that combover covered head.

He was rigid and refused to even acknowledge his opponent or the audience. That is a classic sign the speaker is intending to deceive.

Did anyone else notice the similarities between McCain's body language during his answers pertaining to war? His choppy movements, especially his downward chops ending in tapping the podium, were reminiscient of two famous speakers from the twentieth century named Hitler and Stalin.

McCain is entitled to say anything he likes. His intents were given away by his mannerisms.

Quote Originally Posted by buttmunch View Post
    The thing that irritated me most was McSame beginning every response and/or comment with 'What Senator Obama doesn't understand...' yeah, McSame, you're such a fucking genius and all that experience was used to bring us....Sarah fucking Palin? I'm starting to actively dislike that guy.
    That's what I didn't get. How is he going to try and make experience a talking point again, after picking Palin as a VP, and she's showing everybody that she doesn't have any experience to speak of.

Chris Matthews on Hardball made the best comment about McCain, he said he looked 'troll-like.'

^^To his supporters, Palin has more experience than Obama

Quote Originally Posted by RevellingInSane View Post
    McCain's body language gave great insight to what is really going on in that combover covered head.

He was rigid and refused to even acknowledge his opponent or the audience. That is a classic sign the speaker is intending to deceive.

Did anyone else notice the similarities between McCain's body language during his answers pertaining to war? His choppy movements, especially his downward chops ending in tapping the podium, were reminiscient of two famous speakers from the twentieth century named Hitler and Stalin.

McCain is entitled to say anything he likes. His intents were given away by his mannerisms.
    interesting point, someone should line them up side by side in a youtube video. I never thought of McCain in that light. I think Cindy probably suffers greatly, if she's around him much at all. I'm sure she has designs on being first lady...I noticed she has the same pinpoint pupils that Laura Bush does that make them look like zombies or something, I guess it's all the pills.

^^ she was wearing a cast a few weeks ago, and he has called her trollop that cakes on the make up and a c**t. And if the rumours of him having a bad temper I wouldnt be surprised that their home life is less than great and which is why she has turned to the pils.

I found it interesting that the Obama's were warm and affectionate while the McCain's were standoffish and Cindy was several feet away from McCain - says alot really.

SVZ

mccain wears more makeup than his wife so he should shut the fuck up.

Elite Member

I'll be the first to admit that a lot of the names and situations the candidates were talking about last night went right over my head. The main thing this foreign policy neophyte took away from the debate was that

John McCain = Pugilistic
    Barack Obama = Diplomatic

I personally prefer that we resolve our issues diplomatically and not rush in with our military at the first opportunity we can justify.

Also, I agree with Obama that it is time for Iraq to stand on their own so that we can stop going into debt and that we need to focus more attention on Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    interesting point, someone should line them up side by side in a youtube video. I never thought of McCain in that light. I think Cindy probably suffers greatly, if she's around him much at all. I'm sure she has designs on being first lady...I noticed she has the same pinpoint pupils that Laura Bush does that make them look like zombies or something, I guess it's all the pills.
    I am no video editor, but I did find a short clip on youtube of Hitler.( I DO NOT agree with Hitler's insanity, nor am I saying McCain thinks like him. I am posting only for comparisons of mannerisms and body language.)

Pay special attention to the arms, the rigid posture, and the downward motions of his hands.
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZQ4yQDIf5k[/youtube]

I am still looking for a Stalin clip. ETA:

Here, notice the rigidity, the lean to his right, and the shifty eyes. Also note the reference to a prior leader, a ala McCain to Reagan. (Same disclaimers here as with clip above. Just comparison for body language and style.)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaU_ak19YwY[/youtube]

Thread Information