Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would Hillary make a good president?

Default Re: Would Hillary make a good president?

I think she was talking about Hilary being a woman and not getting respect rather than just b/c she's Hilary...

With so many countries who do not value or respect women at all (i.e., terrorist ones, among others) we would be taking a big risk with asking them to follow orders or negotiate with a woman. At best, she would face mockery and ridicule. At worst, possible acts of terrorism in protest.
    Or maybe it is b/c she is Hilary...the woman who made her man run into the mouth of Monica. Now that's not a real woman.

Elite Member

But no one has told me how she stands on the important issues. I guess if she doesn't get the nomination, it doesn't matter. Personally, I would be surprised if she did get the nomination. I believe there is still too much sexism in our country for the Democratic party to endorse her as the candidate they feel has the best chance of winning.

With the right candidate in the next election (someone articulate and moderate), I believe the Democrats can run away with it. But I think the Republicans know that they need to really step up their game and put someone who is beyond reproach in there next time. Given that, Democrats have to be very, very careful who they choose to run. Hillary does seem to be very polarizing, so I'm not sure she's a sure bet. And the Democrats need a sure bet.

as a conservative, i think the best thing in the world would be for hillary to run. that's the best way to gurantee a republican president!

Bronze Member

I don't like her.

So I'm not voting for her.

And I think she'd be a worse president than Queen Elizabeth I was a queen.

Yeah, a Republican president has been doing a bang-up job so far Dex. Truly outstanding.

He's going down like Nixon.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by strikeapose View Post
    Oh, and footnote, in that list of countries I listed with women as leaders, those countries have also had to deal with major issues of terrorism.
    I just believe that in our current situation, electing a female president, especially Hillary, would infuriate and motivate terrorists to threaten and act out against our country even more than they already do, and I don't think it's a chance that most Americans would be willing to take.

I think Hillary would be a good choice for a Democratic nominee, not the best but good. She has alot of political expericnce as a senator and she has name recognition. Most importantly though, she would appeal to alot of people. She's moderate on alot of issues and she's an expert at speeches (unlike the current chimp) so yeah she would be a good nominee and president.

Oh and thanks for the list of female politicans strikeapose. you're right in saying that those countries with the feaml PMs and rpesidents have had tough times with terrorism and that they have handled it in the best possible way.

Why would a female president 'infuriate' terrorists? That doesn't make sense.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Well, as a resident of the state of New York, I can say in my personal and humble opinion that Hillary has done a very good job in the senate since taking office. The chick is EVERYWHERE and truly seems to care about people, most especially women and women causes. And it's funny, when she was running, the 'anti' Hillary people were far more vocal than the 'pro' and yet, she won in a virtual landslide. I would bet that the same thing would happen should she actually run and get the democratic nomination. Or, not. Perhaps her nomination would spur the conservatives to step it up. Obviously we don't know.

I would vote for her tomorrow. Though honestly, I would rather vote for her husband, but alas, cannot.

Any other New Yorkers out there care to comment on her Senate tenure??

i fail to see what any kind of credibility left with the republicans.. i mean, look at all the shit that's coming out of the woodwork that everybody with half a brain has known about for the last 5 years, but the sheeple are only waking up to

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Why would a female president 'infuriate' terrorists? That doesn't make sense.
    I was wondering the same thing..And, why the hell should we cast our vote based on what the asshole terrorists might think? Who gives a f*ck?

and yes, i would vote for her.
    Coffee is my happy drug

Quote Originally Posted by southernbelle View Post
    I just believe that in our current situation, electing a female president, especially Hillary, would infuriate and motivate terrorists to threaten and act out against our country even more than they already do, and I don't think it's a chance that most Americans would be willing to take.
    Why especially Hilary? And remember, Bush -- a man the last time I looked -- was president when 9/11 happened and he sure as hell hasn't had any luck "negotiating" with the terrorists. Neither did his father, by the way.

I think Hillary couldn't possibly do a worse job than the men who've preceded her, including her own hubby on some issues, and she'd probably do a whole lot better than the gang "in charge" now.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, a Republican president has been doing a bang-up job so far Dex. Truly outstanding.

He's going down like Nixon.
    oh please grimm, just because this president hasn't done the greatest job doesn't mean that a different republican can't do a good job. the republican party does not just include the president.

The republican party belongs to the extreme right wing fundamentalist neocon evanglist special interests. You know that, I know that, everybody knows that.

As long as that is the base of Republican power, and as long as stupid people like that keep breeding, the Republicans will ALWAYS play to it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information