Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A world of problems await the winner

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

But I am opposed to idiotic gov spending in all it's forms.

I would really like to see a good sensible economic policy. The
    Thank you. Whole heartedly agree.

A government big enough to give you everything you want,
    is strong enough to take everything you have. ~Thomas Jefferson

It's interesting to see conservatives finally admit Bush's obscene failure, but I don't understand why they still latch on to this idea that Republican presidents have been for responsible spending and lower taxes.

Bush One ran on a 'read my lips, no new taxes' and proceeded not only to raise taxes, but run up the national deficit, and bring us into a recession.

And Reagan... talk about bloat. Yeah, Reagan didn't like 'useless' people 'leeching' off the system, which is why he emptied out the mental hospitals in California, most of who (if they survived under their own care) ended up homeless or worse. You can't have people sitting around using up taxpayer money!! Of course when he became president, the government grew like crazy, and the most significant tax cuts went to the extremely wealthy and corporations (the long-disproved trickle-down theory).

Republicans are the staunchest supporters of corporate welfare, and farm welfare (which is more and more becoming corporate, because the family farmers are fast disappearing as they are eaten up by larger companies). In fact, the largest farm welfare payments go to the big business farms, and they get paid to NOT grow anything in order to reduce supply and keep prices up. Talk about getting paid to do nothing. And it's not just a monthly check for a few hundred dollars, we're talking thousands, hundreds of thousands, and even millions in welfare payments to corporations.

But, no, it's that one guy down the street on welfare that is ruining the country and draining federal coffers. A lot of people need personal welfare, and yes, a lot of people abuse it. But the fleecing is nowhere near what corporations do. PS, Bill Clinton slashed a lot of welfare to families under his reform act, cutting back costs as much if not more than many conservatives ever hoped.

see, if you point that out you're just spouting leftist 'i hate america' commie propaganda which isn't backed up by anything, not even reality

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

With the US hemorrhaging jobs from outsourcing, crumbling corporations (whose execs cook the books, leave the company in bankruptcy while they traipse off with 'severance' bonuses), and companies that refuse to keep up with the industry (*ahem* behemoth American cars that are unaffordable in purchase, fuel, congestion, and environmental costs), Americans are going to be begging for welfare expansion!

PS, in case anyone is confused, you know how the government gives subsidies to the oil industry, energy companies, car manufacturers, those old savings and loans bailouts, and the bailouts they are considering now for the crashing banks? Say hi to WELFARE!

^^ Like I said earlier in this thread.....I'm opposed to foolish spending by our gov in any form...

that includes corporate welfare, personal welfare, the Iraq war, $30,000 toilet seats, bridges to nowhere, saving peoples homes from the mortgage crisis, etc.

It has nothing to do with any political party for me....It's just money wasted, when it could be used for something useful.

In the US a lot of average people don't understand what a big deal about all this money wasted is, because they live that way personally. Charge it on the credit cards and let tomorrow take care of itself.

I would love a fiscally responsible plan put forward by anyone. Anyone.

But in our political realm it's sort of like looking for Bigfoot.
    It's no longer a dog whistle, it's a fucking trombone

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

I want a $20,000 hammer
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information