Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Women against Sarah Palin

Quote Originally Posted by barbiedoll25 View Post
    Ummm... no! Just us Repubs are jumped on if we chime in on anything. I always thought variety was the spice of life. So if some of us are anti Dem's can't we have a good natured discussion? It's not personal. I guess that's why I tend to stay away from this forum. Although... I would love a nice good hearted debate
    I'm sorry that you feel jumped on. To be honest, although my friends and family have always come from a variety of political standpoints, my tolerance level sure isn't very high right now.

The fact is that this country is facing an economic black hole wrought by the current administration. That is a fact. At least one economist has said that the current economic woes have not been this bad since the Great Depression. And it's only going to get worse. I have seen so many good, honest hard-working families where I live losing their homes and their jobs.

I am not up for goodhearted debates these days. To debate stuff like whether Sarah Palin is a qualified candidate would imply that there's the possibility she is, which I don't believe for a single second. To throw away the future of this once-great nation because some people feel compelled to mix their religion into our government will be a tragic mistake.

Right now the United States is a bully on the world scene, but a bully pretending to be a victim. Funny, that's just exactly the drama this Palin woman has been enacting, too. Insulting others and adopting a rhetoric of fear and hate, but then playing the victim card when any criticism or even just plain inquiries are leveled at her. "Ooh, the liberal media are out to get me!" I only wish the media were truly liberal. Currently there's a near blackout on news related to the freaking war that we're in, and there's very little reporting on the trainwreckage of our economy, and Obama isn't getting much press. So bring on the liberal media, puleeez--I would appreciate it.

So anyway, my whole point is that emotions and opinions are running high right now. After eight years of total crap disaster and now the threat of four to eight more, I don't believe anyone who's Republican should be expecting goodheartedness--I think it's a bit too much too ask. You're entitled to your views, and I'm entitled to reject them.
    Last edited by Shinola; September 11th, 2008 at 12:57 PM.
    Posted from my fucking iPhone

Quote Originally Posted by Shinola View Post
    I'm sorry that you feel jumped on. To be honest, although my friends and family have always come from a variety of political standpoints, my tolerance level sure isn't very high right now.

The fact is that this country is facing an economic black hole wrought by the current administration. That is a fact. At least one economist has said that the current economic woes have not been this bad since the Great Depression. And it's only going to get worse. I have seen so many good, honest hard-working families where I live losing their homes and their jobs.

I am not up for goodhearted debates these days. To debate stuff like whether Sarah Palin is a qualified candidate would imply that there's the possibility she is, which I don't believe for a single second. To throw away the future of this once-great nation because some people feel compelled to mix their religion into our government will be a tragic mistake.

Right now the United States is a bully on the world scene, but a bully pretending to be a victim. Funny, that's just exactly the drama this Palin woman has been enacting, too. Insulting others and adopting a rhetoric of fear and hate, but then playing the victim card when any criticism or even just plain inquiries are leveled at her. "Ooh, the liberal media are out to get me!" I only wish the media were truly liberal. Currently there's a near blackout on news related to the freaking war that we're in, and there's very little reporting on the trainwreckage of our economy, and Obama isn't getting much press. So bring on the liberal media, puleeez--I would appreciate it.

So anyway, my whole point is that emotions and opinions are running high right now. After eight years of total crap disaster and now the threat of four to eight more, I don't believe anyone who's Republican should be expecting goodheartedness--I think it's a bit too much too ask. You're entitled to your views, and I'm entitled to reject them.
    Fabulous post!!

Quote Originally Posted by ymeman View Post
    I am curious how you feel about her qualifications. Forget about her views. Do you feel she is qualified to run this country in the 1 in 3 chance that McCain croaks in the next 4 years?
    Of course the answer to that is no unless she thinks she can take care of our foreign policy issues with a helicopter and a gun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information