• Glover

11 22.45%
  • Rumsfeld

0 0%
  • Sutherland

17 34.69%
Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast
Like Tree2439Likes

Thread: The Witch Hunt Continues. No Collusion!

Source: CNN

Judge rejects Manafort attempt to dismiss criminal case

By Katelyn Polantz, CNN
    Updated 2121 GMT (0521 HKT) May 15, 2018

WASHINGTON, DC - JANUARY 16: Former Trump campaign manager Paul Manafort (L) and his wife Kathleen arrive at the Prettyman Federal Courthouse January 16, 2018 in Washington, DC. Manafort and his former business partner Richard Gates were indicted on charges that included money laundering and conspiracy. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Washington (CNN)Federal Judge Amy Berman Jackson on Tuesday rejected former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort's attempt to invalidate the criminal case against him in Washington.

Manafort had claimed special counsel Robert Mueller's appointment order was too broad, and thus his investigation had overstepped its legal authority.

But Berman Jackson concluded for several reasons that Mueller's investigation and prosecution of Manafort is legal -- and that the special counsel still can maintain some independence while working within the Department of Justice.

Manafort has pleaded not guilty to charges related to his lobbying work for Ukrainian politicians dating back to a decade ago.

"It bears emphasizing at this stage that Manafort is presumed to be innocent of these charges, and it will be the prosecution's burden to prove him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. But the indictment will not be dismissed, and the matter will proceed to trial," Berman Jackson wrote in her opinion Tuesday.

She added that it was appropriate for federal investigators to look into Manafort's business connections in Russia and Ukraine while Mueller's office investigated possible coordination between the Trump campaign and the Russian government.

"Who had connections to the Russian government? Who attended meetings on behalf of the campaign?" Berman Jackson wrote. "Given the combination of his prominence within the campaign and his ties to Ukrainian officials supported by and operating out of Russia, as well as to Russian oligarchs, Manafort was an obvious person of interest."

"The Special Counsel would have been remiss to ignore such an obvious potential link between the Trump campaign and the Russian government," she wrote later in the opinion.

Manafort is scheduled for trial in DC in September.

He faces a separate set of bank fraud and other financial charges in Virginia, for a trial set to begin in July. Manafort has asked a different federal judge there to dismiss his case on similar grounds. The Virginia federal judge, TS Ellis, has not yet ruled on the question. Ellis expressed his skepticism at a previous hearing that Mueller's current investigation into Russian coordination during the 2016 campaign would connect to Manafort's lobbying activities years before the Trump campaign existed.

Berman Jackson previously dismissed a civil lawsuit Manafort had attempted to use to undercut Mueller's authority.

Brookie likes this.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

EXCLUSIVE: Michael Cohen 'asked Qatari investor for millions of dollars' which he said he would 'pass to Trump family members' at Trump Tower meeting - and Qatar's foreign minister was there too

Michael Cohen asked for 'millions of dollars' to 'pass to Trump family members'
    Brookie and C_is_for_Cookie like this.

They're not even smart crooks.
    HWBL and C_is_for_Cookie like this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

Oklahoma GOP candidate proposes euthanasia for disabled and poor to avoid food stamps

Noor Al-Sibai
    15 May 2018 at 16:17 ET

Oklahoma gubernatorial candidate Christopher Barnett. Image via Barnett's Facebook.

A Republican gubernatorial candidate in Oklahoma proposed euthanasia for people on food stamps who are too disabled to work.

In a Facebook post made by a page purporting to be for OK governor candidate Christopher Barnett, the administrator initially posted a poll about food stamp requirements — and then made comments claiming euthanasia is a solution to the “issue” of the poor and disabled.

In a post made by Tulsa resident Lisa Schwart, screenshots of the thread from the Chrisforgov campaign page that shares a name with Barnett’s campaign website revealed the comments.

“Most receiving food stamps work, or are disabled,” a user commented on the poll post. “Some are elderly.”

“The ones who are disabled and can’t work…why are we required to keep them?” the Chrisforgov account responded. “Sorry but euthanasia is cheaper and doesn’t make everyone a slave to the Government [sic].”

Defending his now-deleted comments, the account admin mused as to why American taxpayers should “have to keep up people who cannot contribute to society any longer?”

“Obviously, I’m not saying the Government [sic] should put these people down,” the Chrisforgov account wrote, contradicting its earlier statement. “I’m just saying that we shouldn’t keep them up.”

“If they can take care of themselves without Government assistance, great,” the comment continued. “If not, let them starve and die. Easy as that.”

Though the comments have since been deleted, the account admin wrote that they “stand by” the remarks in the poll thread, and later that day wrote that the interaction had been “fun.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/okl...od-stamps/amp/

Omg ... that is just so .... wrong, in so many ways.

Who's on food stamps the most? Minorities. Are we back to White Power rallies? I'm so disgusted with these people.
    ShimmeringGlow likes this.
    "No. I love my grudges. I tend to them like little pets." -Madeline Martha Mackenzie

Spirituality is not religion. Religion divides people. Belief in something unites them.

WH spokesman declines comment on Trump’s family company seeking Chinese government funding for Indonesia project on grounds that the company is “a private organization”

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post

Who's on food stamps the most? Minorities. Are we back to White Power rallies? I'm so disgusted with these people.
    No. Poor white people use the most food stamps.
    Trixie, Brookie, DeChayz and 5 others like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post
    Oklahoma GOP candidate proposes euthanasia for disabled and poor to avoid food stamps

Noor Al-Sibai

Oklahoma gubernatorial candidate Christopher Barnett. Image via Barnett's Facebook.

A Republican gubernatorial candidate in Oklahoma proposed euthanasia for people on food stamps who are too disabled to work.

In a Facebook post made by a page purporting to be for OK governor candidate Christopher Barnett, the administrator initially posted a poll about food stamp requirements — and then made comments claiming euthanasia is a solution to the “issue” of the poor and disabled.

In a post made by Tulsa resident Lisa Schwart, screenshots of the thread from the Chrisforgov campaign page that shares a name with Barnett’s campaign website revealed the comments.

“Most receiving food stamps work, or are disabled,” a user commented on the poll post. “Some are elderly.”

“The ones who are disabled and can’t work…why are we required to keep them?” the Chrisforgov account responded. “Sorry but euthanasia is cheaper and doesn’t make everyone a slave to the Government [sic].”

Defending his now-deleted comments, the account admin mused as to why American taxpayers should “have to keep up people who cannot contribute to society any longer?”

“Obviously, I’m not saying the Government [sic] should put these people down,” the Chrisforgov account wrote, contradicting its earlier statement. “I’m just saying that we shouldn’t keep them up.”

“If they can take care of themselves without Government assistance, great,” the comment continued. “If not, let them starve and die. Easy as that.”

Though the comments have since been deleted, the account admin wrote that they “stand by” the remarks in the poll thread, and later that day wrote that the interaction had been “fun.”

Well, sure. If they deny the poor and disabled food stamps, and health care, then they'll do everyone a favor and die young before they can collect more benefits like Medicare and Social Security. Voila, problem solved!

Me, I'm planning to start collecting my SS the minute I'm eligible. I really don't need it to live on, but it's gonna be my mad money.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevan View Post

What greys said. White folk collect about 40% of government entitlements, according to several studies. The majority of whom I'm sure voted for Trump. Dumbasses.
    C_is_for_Cookie and Brookie like this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    No. Poor white people use the most food stamps.
    Oh my God, thank you, I was about to say. Usually the ones who complain about Mexicans stealing their jobs and sucking on the government teat.

Jesus. It's Armageddon... and that's the most positive take.

Quote Originally Posted by ShimmeringGlow View Post

Noor Al-Sibai

I wouldn't even be surprised it this knuckle head was anti abortion.

Obviously. If you abort, you don't get the thrill of euthanizing them later.
    kasippu likes this.
    As Canadian as possible under the circumstances

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What's traitors, precious?" -- President Gollum

Has anybody read through the Senate testimony that was released today? A bunch of it was released.

I was planning to scan through it tonight if I needed to, but I'm sure a million bloggers will be reporting and commenting on it by then.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Quote Originally Posted by greysfang View Post
    I was planning to scan through it tonight if I needed to, but I'm sure a million bloggers will be reporting and commenting on it by then.
    CNN was talking about it a lot this morning. Particularly, the testimony of DJT Jr. It looks even worse than when he first explained it. Clearly, he has been advised by lawyers. But he sounded evasive to the point of dishonest. Could not recall a whole lot.

Also wanted to mention that CNN interviewed a Washington Post writer who had access to all of China's negotiating points in the current discussions with the US. They are asking for everything, basically. It may be a starting position, but it looks awful, and the fact that the President capitulated mysteriously on ZTE makes things look even worse.

Page 6 of 72 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread Information