Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

Thread: Will gender sway women to Sarah Palin?

  1. #16
    Elite Member McJag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    42,527

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by suede View Post
    I don't really care about gender, Palin even as a man would turn me off to McCain.
    Totally agree.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

  2. #17
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    390

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    I'm actually glad this question is being asked about gender. Because for months all we had to hear about was that blacks are voting for Obama just because he's black and no other reason.

    Now, I'm sure there are some blacks who are backing Obama because of his race, just like I'm sure some women backed Hillary, and now Palin, because of gender, but I think it's insulting to assume that either group is voting race & gender in large numbers without even taking the issues into consideration.

    Very true. What I hope more than anything is that having gender and race so heavily talked about that it will open real dialogues about both.

  3. #18
    Elite Member NicoleWasHere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    kcmo
    Posts
    14,473

    Default

    Will her gender sway women to Palin?


    Not for me, nor my mom, nor my grandmother. As women, though we may not be the most balanced people on the planet, we believe Sarah Palin is a disgrace to women everywhere.

    Let me put it this way. My grandma votes Republican just about everytime there's an election. And she's told me point blank, she would NOT trust McCain OR Palin anywhere NEAR the white house, and wants Bush out NOW. This is an opinion from a woman, who voted for both Bushes, Reagan, and probably Nixon.

    Me, mom, grandma, and ALL of my female friends DO NOT LIKE McCain or Palin. We all believe they're both batshit insane.

  4. #19
    Elite Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    5,600

    Default

    It seems to me that Palin only appeals to those who agree with her on three issues: abortion, guns and God. When I was watching the RNC yesterday--don't remember which channel--one of the commentators said that the delegates for this convention are the most conservative EVER. They're more conservative than the ones 4 years ago and the ones in '04 were more conservative than the ones in 2000. These delegates for the '08 RNC are ultra conservative. There's a lot of Republicans they don't seem to represent that I've met.

  5. #20
    Elite Member suede's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    4,580

    Default

    AMEN!
    Quote Originally Posted by NicoleWasHere View Post
    Will her gender sway women to Palin?


    Not for me, nor my mom, nor my grandmother. As women, though we may not be the most balanced people on the planet, we believe Sarah Palin is a disgrace to women everywhere.

    Let me put it this way. My grandma votes Republican just about everytime there's an election. And she's told me point blank, she would NOT trust McCain OR Palin anywhere NEAR the white house, and wants Bush out NOW. This is an opinion from a woman, who voted for both Bushes, Reagan, and probably Nixon.

    Me, mom, grandma, and ALL of my female friends DO NOT LIKE McCain or Palin. We all believe they're both batshit insane.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

  6. #21
    Elite Member *DIVA!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    15,742

    Default

    I was raised by strong women. I still in someways respect HRC and what she stands for, so I could never vote for McCain and Palin. I know what hard work, sacrifice, and commitment takes to achieve your goals, and I also know what its like to see someone handed a position that they aren't qualified for...And sarah palin doesn't pass the strong WOMAN test!! Having a Vagina doesn't work for me!!
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

    I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

  7. #22
    Elite Member olivia720's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    10,860

    Default

    Re: the question of this thread

    Fuck no!!

  8. #23
    Elite Member cmmdee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Eva's Love Den
    Posts
    25,572

    Default

    It would have been nice to see the first woman nominee actually talk about ISSUES and not start ranting off against her opponent. Way to keep it REAL.

    And HELL NO, just cause she has a vagina, I wouldn't vote for her ass. That's beyond ridic. Just like it's stupid to assume just because someone is black, blacks would vote for them, just lke a man would vote for a man, asians for asians, list goes on, etc.
    Thing is, I don't agree with most of her ideas. Like someone mentioned, it's Dubya with a VAG.

  9. #24
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    No more than it will sway some blacks to vote for Obama.

    This is getting old.
    Thank you! I love you! Why is it perfectly acceptable that 98% of all black people are voting for Obama, even ones that have never even watched him speak, yet if women support a woman candidate just because they might also like to see history made by putting a woman in that position they are stupid for blindly following someone without looking at the issues? I'm not naive enough to think that just because someone is a woman that she will vote in what i consider to be my best interests. However, why is it okay for one group to want to make history but not another? Oh yeah, because it really isn't that big a deal if woman never make it to the very top. Even I can concede that having a woman in that position would open up the way for more women of all political persuasions to achieve that same level of success simply because it will become more culturally acceptable to see a female in a leadership role (and there is no way I'll support an anti-abortion candidate).

  10. #25
    Elite Member WesCAdle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chokey Chicken on the Left Coast
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    However, why is it okay for one group to want to make history but not another?


    Even I can concede that having a woman in that position would open up the way for more women of all political persuasions to achieve that same level of success simply because it will become more culturally acceptable to see a female in a leadership role (and there is no way I'll support an anti-abortion candidate).

    The Dems ran Geraldine Ferraro - a stronger contender than Palin way back in the 1980's for the same position so I'm not sure what you mean here??


    After spending 15 years rising in the corporate world to mid management supervising 65 people and then almost 15 years as a personal assistant for someone with ties in the entertainment industry, I am saddened but realistic enough to realize it ain't going to happen in my lifetime. I hope for my daughter's sake it may in her's, but this country is not broad minded enough to permit it and is far too self centered to look at the rest of the world and their achievements. It seems that the country's that have been ruled by male and female monarchs for centuries and those that are more open minded to peoples differences, are far more accepting of a woman's ability to rule effectively. It would take a revolution for the Beltway Boys to concede this power. It's gonna take many, many women with very focused choices and an over abundance of wealth to even attempt it. Call me cynical but IMO all you young ladies with idealistic visions need to acquire equal pay for equal work first. Not trying to be demeaning or suggest its right, however I am very realistic.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

  11. #26
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crumpet View Post
    Thank you! I love you! Why is it perfectly acceptable that 98% of all black people are voting for Obama, even ones that have never even watched him speak, yet if women support a woman candidate just because they might also like to see history made by putting a woman in that position they are stupid for blindly following someone without looking at the issues? I'm not naive enough to think that just because someone is a woman that she will vote in what i consider to be my best interests. However, why is it okay for one group to want to make history but not another? Oh yeah, because it really isn't that big a deal if woman never make it to the very top. Even I can concede that having a woman in that position would open up the way for more women of all political persuasions to achieve that same level of success simply because it will become more culturally acceptable to see a female in a leadership role (and there is no way I'll support an anti-abortion candidate).
    How can you say that there are some blacks voting for Obama who have never even heard him speak? That's like saying that some of the women who supported Hillary never heard her speak? So, basically, you're making the same assumption about black people that you're accusing people of making about females.

  12. #27
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    ^^^^Yep, I am, becasue I realize that there are some women and some black people who will automatically vote for a female or black candidate. And you know what? I don't necessarily blame them. If women and non-white people had not been so intentionally and systematically excluded for centuries then race and gender wouldn't even be an issue now. But they have been and it is, so be it.

  13. #28
    Elite Member Sweetie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Den of the roving cunty bitches
    Posts
    24,533

    Default

    Somehow I knew that was coming.

  14. #29
    Elite Member kingcap72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    10 miles from Pootie Tang
    Posts
    21,909

    Default

    ^^Oh, I agree that there are some blacks and women who will vote based on race and gender. And I think anybody who ignores the issues and just votes for somebody who looks like them is an idiot, be they black or female.

  15. #30
    Elite Member crumpet's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!
    Posts
    7,751

    Default

    ^^^I see what you are saying, but I still understand how people could feel like it is a big step just to break those barriers, period. Some are willing to vote for someone who doesn't agree with their views in order to break those barriers for once and for all, and I sympathize with that in a way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Sarah Palin as mayor
    By twitchy2.0 in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: September 9th, 2008, 10:18 AM
  2. Sarah Palin ethics investigation
    By Fluffy in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: September 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
  3. Why the Bristol Palin/Sarah Palin pregnancy controversy is relevant
    By rebelpleb in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 2nd, 2008, 05:30 PM
  4. Sarah Palin: It's worse than you think
    By Sasha in forum U.S. Politics and Issues
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: August 31st, 2008, 05:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •