Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Will another GOP gov fall? Major scandal headed toward Sarah Palin?

Found this on DailyKos:
    UPDATE 4: FBI Spokesperson says rumors of investigation and impending indictment are false.
    Has anybody asked Karen L. Loeffler if her office is investigating Palin?
    Daily Kos: Palin's Attorney Threatening Lawsuits UPDATE X4

Loeffler is the US District Attorney for Alaska

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaMama View Post
    Interesting. He was pretty adament.

He's just speaking for the FBI. There are other agencies who have the authority to be investigating Palin and charging her.
    CHILLY FREE!
    i have to zero the contain to your level -bugdoll
    you can't even be ogirinal - Mary

Yeah, I have a feeling Palin and her minions (this lawyer of hers and her PAC spokeswoman) are going to have egg on their faces very soon.

Big dirty scandal about to hit the Palin universe
    Evidenced by Palin's abrupt announcement that she's quitting the State of Alaska without explanation. If it smells like a duck, looks like a duck, and walks like a duck. It's a duck. Stay tuned...
    Alaska Report News - The latest Alaska news, politics, weather, jobs, and opinions
    Last edited by Fluffy; July 5th, 2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: new Alaska Report front page quote

Someone on twitter is talking about the Washington Post and scandal and that they are going to report about it this week.

OMG I just checked out her profile page on twitter guess who is the latest person shes following lol
    @MyAlaskajobs LMAO

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Some Musings for a Sunday Morning

It just gets more and more interesting. Yesterday, Gov. Palin's legal counsel released a sharply worded statement denying that the Palins were under federal investigation for criminal wrongdoing. I am sure of few of this blog's readers are wondering if I know anything about this.

Here's my answer:

I have over the months developed numerous contacts in Alaska. Over the past 6-8 weeks, I have heard a very consistent story. Palin was under investigation, and it had nothing to do with "babygate." It was big, it was federal, and it was financial. Is this true, or is it a rumor, spread from one source, designed to harm the Palins? I don't know. I will, however, add the following comments.

1. I have received many tips during the time I have been running the blog and website. Some have been worth following up, most have been nonsense. But three separate contacts stand out, and that is why, IF this turns out to be something to do with the building of the house, I will not be at all surprised. These three were all surprisingly similar. They were all Wasilla/Palmer/"Valley" residents. I know they are not the same person three times, since in all cases, the people were not only willing but EAGER to provide me with all personal information, name, address, phone number, where they worked. Hell, they would have given me shoe size if I asked, I suspect. All three checked out. And all three told me basically the same thing. They could not help me with the baby story, but what I needed to look at were the issues surrounding the building of the house. At least one of these tips came in before the election in November.

Here's a quote from an email in February. "Forget Trig. The house will put her in jail."

In each case, I thanked the person for the information, but told them that the baby story was my focus, and that I felt I did not have the time, financial resources, or geographic ability to look into this. I referred them, in each case, to someone in Alaska that I felt could help them. If anything came of any of these people, I do not know.

But I can say, with absolute certainly, that long before June 2008, Wasilla residents were willing to go on record - with their real names and phone numbers and personal info - that there were irregularities, and serious ones, about the building of the Palins' house in 2002. Whether they were lying, I do not know. Whether they were wrong, I do not know. But this issue is not some fantasy, created by pajama clad bloggers, after Palin's resignation two days ago.

And this, going on record with a real name, is something I have never been able to get anyone in Wasilla who knows anything about the baby to do.

2. However, the rumors that I have heard have all consistently said that the investigation is federal. Irregularities with building materials and permits in Wasilla would not be federal, it would be state, as far as I can see, though I am not a lawyer or an accountant and perhaps there is something I do not understand. The F.B.I. has released a statement saying that they are not investigating Palin. This, theoretically, would leave the I.R.S. True? Not true? I don't know, and I want to make it clear that I do not, but that's the bottom line. If it IS federal, and the FBI is not involved, then the only plausible alternative is I.R.S.

posted by Audrey at 6:57 AM
    Palin's Deceptions: Some Musings for a Sunday Morning

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Welcome annabel. See? Once you jump in the water's lovely and Grimm's perfectly harmless with firm but fair handling.

(pssst, you picked a good time, the slut had lots of happy endings today)
    Depends on what you feed Grimm...;-P!

*picks his teeth with the bones of another noob*

just be glad i'm full, but you got a mighty nice lookin brisket so don't wander off too far.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information