Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Will another GOP gov fall? Major scandal headed toward Sarah Palin?

Will she shut up and go away now?

Didn't think so.

What? You don't want her to speak during her trial? See what lame ass excuses she can come up with? Giving SNL loads of material no doubt!

A*O

I can't wait to see Tina Fey's take on that speech.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Bronze Member

My very first post:
    The idiot level might sink to moronic. Todd boasted on Fox's On The Record that he built his half million dollar home by himself with the help of a few contractor buddies.
    The same contractors awarded the 12.5 million dollar Wasilla sports complex a few months later and incidentally, the same contractors involved in the Steven's home improvement scandal. This is being investigated by a reporter that was on Keith Olberman's show this evening. This could get "interestin."
    Be gentle - first post by a two year lurker and devoted grimmlok fan.

I found this at Mudflats:
    Okay, I’ve now been able to get independent information from multiple sources that all of this precedes what are said to be possible federal indictments against Palin, concerning an embezzlement scandal related to the building of Palin’s house and the Wasilla Sports Complex built during her tenure. Both structures, it is said, feature the “same windows, same wood, same products.” Federal investigators have been looking into this for some time, and indictments could be imminent, according to the Alaska sources. From Brad Blog

I hope this is in addition to all her other possible indictments. I despise this woman.

Elite Member

I always thought she had an ugly ass house. Makes sense if Todd was skimming materials from the Wasilla Sports Complex project.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Palins are all hillbilly scumbags and now everyone's going to know it.

Wow, the Republicans failed to squeeze success out of Fake Joe the Fake Plumber and the moose murderer, and dropped them like they drop their first wives when they're not interesting anymore.

As long as they don't leave the circular firing squad of the Republican Party to form a neo-Nazi circle jerk called the Teabagging Party.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by hotncmom View Post
    I always thought she had an ugly ass house. Makes sense if Todd was skimming materials from the Wasilla Sports Complex project.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Palins are all hillbilly scumbags and now everyone's going to know it.
    I KNOW!!! Join me in doing the snoopy happy dance?

Quote Originally Posted by annabel View Post
    I hope this is in addition to all her other possible indictments. I despise this woman.
    I hope she at least gets two indictments on separate things, like "housegate" and something else. That way her cult will have to deal with how crooked she is.

A*O

Welcome annabel. See? Once you jump in the water's lovely and Grimm's perfectly harmless with firm but fair handling.

(pssst, you picked a good time, the slut had lots of happy endings today)
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

(By the way just to add a little gossip to this post I have a source who claims to know that Sarah and Bristol had a HUGE fight a few days ago over Bristol NOT wanting to go on any more publicity junkets. I have absolutely no idea if this has anything to do with anything, but it is yet another interesting tidbit.)
    The Immoral Minority: Senator Begich on Palin's resignation.

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Welcome annabel. See? Once you jump in the water's lovely and Grimm's perfectly harmless with firm but fair handling.

(pssst, you picked a good time, the slut had lots of happy endings today)
    LOL so did the State of Alaska
    and thanks

On the morning after Sarah Palin resigns as Governor of Alaska it seems like the perfect time to start asking.........why?

I was over at Shanyn's last night and the question on everybodys lips was "Why is the Governor resigning now?" And after so many seemingly ineffective ethics complaints and scandals it is a very good and very difficult question to answer.

Was it Dairygate? Prisongate? Babygate? Religiongate? Or some other gate?

Well the people at Think Progress believe it is the often overlooked Housegate, which like many of the other gates has not received the kind of national attention it deserves.

Here is what Think Progress has to say about it:

Max Blumental reports on The Daily Beast that Sarah Palin may have quit her job today because she was trying to avert a major, yet-to-be-disclosed corruption scandal. The gist of the rumor is that an Alaska building company called Spenard Building Supplies (SBS) was awarded a contract by Palin to build a hockey arena in Wasilla, AK, and in return, SBS helped construct Palin’s home.

This is a very viable scandal that could have very likely caused Plain to have been impeached.

Is this THE reason that Sarah decided to call it quits? Right now, at this moment, it is as good of a theory as any.

However here is what I think. Regardless of WHICH scandal finally drove a stake through the heart of Sarah Palin's political career, you can bet that we are about to learn a whole lot of other juicy scandalous information about our Governor which may even overshadow whatever inspired Fridays bizarre and unexpected press conference.

In other words kids if you thought this story was over I am afraid to say that this may just be the beginning. Stay tuned.

Posted by Gryphen at 5:58 AM
    The Immoral Minority: On the morning after Sarah Palin resigns as Governor of Alaska it seems like the perfect time to start asking.........why?

Then there is the other matter. In Alaska it's become known as "the iceberg." The iceberg is rumored to be a piece of news that's so damaging, and so big, it will sink the S.S. Palin. The rumors also exist that it's coming soon. Speculation about IRS problems, issues with other three-letter organizations, more ethics complaints, and embezzlement abound. Questions have been raised about the construction of Palin's house by a bunch of Todd's buddies, at the same time that a giant sports complex was being built just down the road in Wasilla, and right after building codes had been abolished by the then mayor of Wasilla, one Sarah Palin. Do we know anything for sure? No. But the recent claim that the breaking of this scandal is imminent seems coincidental to say the least. Alaskans hesitate to get too excited about rumored indictments, though. Despite the indictment and conviction of several state legislators, and the indictment-conviction and now un-conviction of former Senator Ted Stevens, the slow process has taught us patience. We still await rumored indictments of Congressman Don Young, and former State Senate President Ben Stevens (son of Ted Stevens.) You can't make this stuff up.
    AKMuckraker: !What Is Sarah Palin Thinking? One Alaskan's Perspective

This quote by AKMuckracker (Mudflats) kind of actually supports the crackpot's comments at the beginning:
    The DOJ, Dept of Treasury, IRS, Harvard University and others are watching Palin and Alaska...
    Last edited by Fluffy; July 4th, 2009 at 02:23 PM. Reason: added AKMuckraker quote

Default some interesting comments I found

Gryphen said...

Postergirl, the "iceberg" was the IRS investigation. But the focus of that investigation has not been completely clear. It COULD have to do with Housegate and more evidence is suggesting that it does.

My point is that there are still tons of information that people have been keeping secret out of fear of, or respect for, Sarah Palin. I believe THAT information will start to gush forth now that she is stepping down.

8:56 AM
    The Immoral Minority: On the morning after Sarah Palin resigns as Governor of Alaska it seems like the perfect time to start asking.........why?

KaJo said...

MadCityKaren...

About whether Housegate would be an impeachable offense considering it had occurred prior to her Governorship?

Fraud is fraud, no matter when it occurred.

As a matter of fact, in addition to Housegate, the "dairy out of the hands of the state" is another fraudulent affair she was involved in. She authorized putting the dairy INTO the hands of the state, and the loans the state made have never been paid back (according to Andrew Halcro's blog info). That's Palin's doing.

And then there's the issue of Trig. Assuming rampant speculation and all those photographs showing "fake" are correct, even if she adopted Trig with the best of intentions, the fakery to qualify the infant for specialized care available under Palin's government insurance is also fraud.

----------------

I wonder if Bristol and Willow didn't appear at their mother's side during the press conference because they decided between themselves that they'd been humiliated by their mother enough.

After what Bristol went through last fall, and what Willow went through during the uproar her parents caused after the Bristol-baseball game "joke" (more humiliation for Bristol, too), I would bet they're barely civil to their mother AND their father.

Poor Piper probably can't understand why everyone's so mad at each other, since her mother's bizarre behavior is all she's probably ever known.
    9:28 AM

Sarah Palin not under FBI investigation, agency spokesman says

Sun 05 Jul 2009
    By Josh Meyer

Reporting from Washington-- A day after Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin resigned, a federal official in her home state dismissed one potential explanation for her sudden and unexpected resignation -- a rumored FBI investigation into the former Wasilla mayor on public corruption charges.

Despite rumors of a looming controversy after Palin's surprise announcement Friday that she will leave office this month, some of them published in the blogosphere, the FBI's Alaska spokesman said the bureau had no investigation into Palin for her activities as governor, as mayor or in any other capacity.

"There is absolutely no truth to those rumors, that we're investigating her or getting ready to indict her," Special Agent Eric Gonzalez said in a phone interview Saturday. "It's just not true."

Gonzalez added that there was "no wiggle room" in his comments that could exclude any kind of probe.

The FBI has been active in mounting public corruption probes in Alaska, some of them to see whether local, state and federal lawmakers illegally received favors, money or even free construction work from Alaskan businesses and people who wanted favors from them.

The most high-profile case was against former Republican Sen. Ted Stevens, whose conviction last year on charges of lying on Senate ethics forms stemmed from charges that he got illegal work done on his house by a politically connected developer.

The Obama administration Justice Department threw out the charges in April, saying prosecutors had failed to turn over potentially helpful information to Stevens' defense team. Some bloggers have speculated on the Internet in recent days that such an FBI investigation was underway on Palin, who still had 18 months in her term.

Also Saturday, the former GOP vice presidential nominee posted a statement on her Facebook page, not offering specifics but indicating that she had broad goals after she leaves the governor's office.

Palin did not say whether she planned to run for president in 2012, but criticized media coverage of her announcement:

"How sad that Washington and the media will never understand; it's about country. And though it's honorable for countless others to leave their positions for a higher calling and without finishing a term, of course we know by now, for some reason a different standard applies for the decisions I make."

National News Item

Interesting. He was pretty adament.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information