Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WikiLeaks founder could be charged under Espionage Act

It's probably time that Assange let someone else at WikiLeaks have their day in the sun and answer press queries while he takes care of the legal situation in the country that brought the charges.

Why should he? If he knows he hasn't done anything then he shouldn't bow down.

He was in Sweden for a month, they could have interrogated him at any time or stopped him when he tried to leave. It all smells like bullshit to me.

And now they want to charge him with espionage? Why is this round of leaks any different than previous leaks? It seems that the release of the diplomatic cables embarrasses administration officials. It’s fine to expose the Bush administration, and military operations and the covers of those in a war zone, but when you make Obama blush, well, look out.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; November 30th, 2010 at 03:24 PM.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

Quote Originally Posted by witchcurlgirl View Post

He was in Sweden for a month, they could have interrogated him at any time or stopped him when he tried to leave. It all smells like bullshit to me.

And now they want to charge him with espionage? Why is this round of leaks any different than previous leaks? It seems that the release of the diplomatic cables embarrasses administration officials. Itís fine to expose the Bush administration, and military operations and the covers of those in a war zone, but when you make Obama blush, well, look out.
    From what I've seen, Sweden dropped the charges and then reinstituted them after getting more information. Now, they have an international and European arrest warrant (EAW) against him, but he won't go back.

And now they want to charge him with espionage? Why is this round of leaks any different than previous leaks? It seems that the release of the diplomatic cables embarrasses administration officials. It’s fine to expose the Bush administration, and military operations and the covers of those in a war zone, but when you make Obama blush, well, look out.
    because (or and?) it could embarrass the Saudis & we've all been at war for the last 20 yrs over oil & the Saudi run OPEC (iirc - or are very influential) & oil is god.....
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    From what I've seen, Sweden dropped the charges and then reinstituted them after being pressured by the US.

Fixed it for you.

All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

BBC are now reporting that Interpol has issued an international warrant for his arrest about the rape charges. The next few days is going to be very interesting.

Shame that Interpol isn't issuing arrest warrants for the CIA agents who torture innocent EU citizens.
    "I don't know what I am to them, maybe a penguin XD" - Tiny Pixie

Fixed it for you.
    I don't get the impression that we would be very successful pressuring Sweden to do something like that.

^^
    you're kidding, right?
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^
    you're kidding, right?
    No, I'm not. What pressure would be brought to bear that a country like Sweden would fold over?

Uh, we've already brought pressure to bear on them. They've been allowing US intelligence to spy on citizens inside Sweden for the past few years. And we pressured them in the Pirate Bay thing. They fold like a cheap suit.
    Last edited by witchcurlgirl; December 1st, 2010 at 11:26 AM.

^^
    this.

sweden likes to keep up the appearance of neutrality but in fact they had a secret military agreement with the US during the cold war and even though they are not members of nato, they are part of the partnership for peace and the euro-atlantic partnership council, both of which are nato-affiliated. and they have troops under nato command in afghanistan.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

They're also making a ton of money on the two US wars. Money talks.

They're also making a ton of money on the two US wars. Money talks.
    I'm not buying that. It's one thing to turn a blind eye to diplomats collecting information in the areas where they're posted.

However, the suggestion that someone how the whole Swedish criminal justice system is under the sway of the United States is difficult to swallow. In this case, that would be the prosecutors who brought the case. The court who reviewed the case and approved it going forward. And the court that rejected Assange's appeal.

you don't find the timing a little suspect?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information