Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this election such a dead heat? After 8 years of Bush, it has no right to be

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    I hate all these cornball names: MCsame, McLame, Caribou Barbie, Defeatcrats, Come on. Come up with something a little better, please.

Caribou Barbie is so dead on it should be on bitch's birth certificate.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^^ Wescadle... perhaps we should get our madres shirts like this

Wait a few months and you can call her Mrs. Vice President.....

Caribou Barbie is fucking funny. What would you call her?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Caribou Barbie is fucking funny. What would you call her?
    Trade in that pink corvette for a seaplane

God. Caribou Barbie needs a new man in keeping with the theme.

I suggest the below:

I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by cheetopia View Post
    Believe it or not many of the fundie churches dictate from the pulpit who their followers should vote for. Last week I was visiting a church and the pastor went off on a rant about the evils of the Democratic party and basically ordered everyone to vote for McCain and Palin because Palin was against abortion. They consider abortion the most important issue.
    You should call him on it. They are not allowed to do that and still be exempt from taxes.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Trade in that pink corvette for a seaplane

She is 'pregnant' in that picture..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

that picture is as faded and yellowed as GOP policies.

dreaming about being on a lake in Ontario

[quote=ymeman;1363609][quote=crumpet;1363494]I think it's primarly all this culture war stuff, it particularly resonates with people middle aged and older.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are selling a 'feeling', and 'ideal'.......right or wrong many older people have the rose colored glasses perspective when viewing the past.

true but don't forget about the baby boomers. Many people who are now senior citizens were hippies.
    That's me! I'm 58, (in one more month) and I'm a Obama fan. There are a lot of women my age and older who are for Obama. But I'm in education and we tend to be more liberal.
    If I can't be a good example, then let me be a horrible warning.

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Quote Originally Posted by nana55 View Post
    You should call him on it. They are not allowed to do that and still be exempt from taxes.
    I got up and walked out and then turned around and sent the IRS an email.

But they need to be taking away the tax exempt status of most right wing ministries that openly campaign for the Repubs, like Pat Robertson and CBS and Intercessors For America. Many churches and ministries are preaching against the Dems because of this abortion issue.

Would this guy be too classy?

My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Hit By Ban Bus!
    squirrels in the morning, squirrels in the evening, squirrels at suppertime!

Mrs Dark, you found the right new look for Mr Caribou Barbie...she could never be with a Ken type. Throw in some beer and a snowmobile and you have the makings of a great northern romance.

Hit By Ban Bus!

I suggest the below:

Snow Job! (how fitting) He was one of my favs!

...she'd prob. go for Frostbite though - he drove a Cat!

Last edited by Coyote; September 8th, 2008 at 05:18 PM.

Honestly.

This should be a Dem slam dunk. 8 years of abject fucking failure on the part of Bush and his cronies.. I mean, the crimes are too numerous to list. Hell, even Dems get up in front of cameras and say "Oh well, Bush broke this and this law but there's not much we can do about it', like it's so expected that it's not a big deal.

Look at the state the US is in. It's in shambles! Why do people want the same policies that caused wars, economic collapse, housing collapse and all the other crap to continue?

That's what boggles my mind. It makes absolutely no sense! It's not rational!

WHY DO PEOPLE WANT THAT TO CONTINUE OR EVEN GET WORSE?
    So...I finally did some rudimentary research, because although I've always agreed with what you've said on a common sense level, I've never really done any research on a large number of issues to see if the facts actually back up what my common sense has told me.

Let me just say first off that I am not a math or statistics major, and any numbers I name are strictly my own math unless otherwise noted. Here goes:

Top three topics I hear most about from repubs in regards to why they will vote repub/McCain:

1. Terror threat – Terrorist attacks within the US or against Americans abroad since 1920 – 10 attacks under dems. 32 under repubs. Repubs will keep us safe? How exactly is that again?
    http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0001454.html
    http://www.cdi.org/terrorism/chronology.html

2. Gay marriage - Under repub presidencies, 9 states have enacted, passed etc. some sort of marriage, civil union or domestic partnerships (MA, CA, CT, NJ, NH, DC, ME, OR, & WA). 1 state under Dem pres (VT). A dem is the only pres to actually pass any legislation on a federal level regarding same-sex marriage (Defense of Marriage Act).

3. Abortion – Roe v. Wade was argued and decided under a republican president (Nixon). Seven justices were seated by repub presidents, and only 2 by a dem. If this was going to be overturned, why hasn’t it happened, especially considering the weight of the justices seated leans considerably repub?

Other important topics for me:
    Unemployment – Since 1948, dems have a 5.1% average rate of unemployment while the repubs have 5.9%.
    http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet

Recessions – Since the Great Depression (1929), repubs have been in office (fully) for 5 of the 7 recessions, and shared terms with dems for 2. Dems have shared presidencies with repubs for 2 recessions.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_recessions

National Debt – Since 1946, dem presidents increased the national debt an average of only 3.2% per year. The repub presidents an average increase of 9.7% per year. Repub presidents out borrowed and spent dem presidents by a three to one ratio.
    http://www.cedarcomm.com/~stevelm1/usdebt.htm

Job Creation – 1929 to present, Dems have had an average of 3.24% per year. Repubs 0.21%.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jobs_created_during_U.S._presidential_terms#Job_cr eation_by_term

Gas prices – Between Bush Sr and Clinton, there was a 3.6% rise in gas prices. From Clinton to Bush Jr there has been an 81% rise in prices.
    http://www.eia.doe.gov/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/wrgp/mogas_history.html
    Under “Area – United States”

As I said, this is only rudimentary research, but nonetheless info which I thought was interesting. For me, it totally cements my choice that Obama is the way to go. It’s not just the last 8 years that have been shit – if the above is any indicator, republican governance has had issues for the last century. At the very least, dems can’t be any fricking worse, can they?
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits."

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information