Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this election such a dead heat? After 8 years of Bush, it has no right to be

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    It's already been said about why people would vote for another lamebrain Repulbican in office even after the economy has turned to shit so I really don't have much to add. Fear, stupidity, racism, ignorance.

But I will say this, if McCain/Palin do get elected into office and our country is at war with Iran while our jobs keep dissappearing and our healthcare benefits vanish and the gas prices keep on rising. If one of my repuke co-workers cries to me that his paycheck is'nt increasing and that he has to pay late on a bill, that fucker will have a fist to his face because he has no right to complain.
    Yeah, I bet you'll just keep pounding until "the white meat shows!" (thank
    you Bernie Mac)
    Maybe we should tell them what you just said and then add that everybody
    wil be wearing burkas within the blink of an eye.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Personally, I think that unless Obama is elected, America will slip further and further away from power until they are insignificant. Doesn't America still owe a few billion dollars to the Chinese or something? Maybe a little irrelevant, but I think America needs a change.
    To me, McCain is another bush. Old man with not much intelligence. Obama is young, intelligent, well educated, knows exactly what he is talking about when he speaks; he is kind, compassionate and he will be such a positive influence on America. People are focusing to much on his skin color, and completely ignoring his intelligence. I didnt even NOTICE his race when I first saw him on CNN sometime last year. I guess I'm just unobservant...I just saw a young, good looking, intelligent man.
    Oh god just for his ability to form proper sentences, if I was American he would have my vote. Bush really needs some lessons in how to speak...

Quote Originally Posted by january View Post
    Yeah but you know, some people in the U.S. get offended when you bring up our world image. Its insane to me that some people don't CARE how the rest of the world perceives us. I've heard that argument "its our country, not theirs" way too many times. And usually its by uneducated voters who don't even hold a passport. I cannot grasp that mentality at all. I wish everyone in the U.S. could live overseas for at least six months so they can step out of their bubble and see how everything we do affects others. I am saddened by our public perception right now - is there any question why 90% of people around the world are praying that Obama wins? The polls are staggering. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about having to explain yet again why we made such an awful choice if McCain gets elected. I can't even think about that, it literally makes me so depressed.
    Thank you! I'm so sick of this "us against them" mentality that so many people in the U.S. have. The way the right tried to paint Obama's foreign tour as something pompous and arrogant made me want to vomit! How is being in touch and popular with our freaking allies a bad thing?! After the past eight years, we need to be doing everything we can to salvage our image in the rest of the world. I swear, if McTemper gets elected, I'm done trying to defend my compatriots when I hear foreigners calling us morons...it will be the last fucking straw!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."-Einstein

Another thing, the closet bigots can also proudly proclaim that they aren't 'racist' because, after all, they are voting for a woman, so how can they be bigoted!

lol

It really depends on how these polls are derived. Most of the people asked are selected by the pollsters so depending on their sights it can lean one way or the other. It is also a fact that the week after a political convention, the last one picks ups a slight lead historically, so I don't pay much attention to these things. Anyway I want to hear what the candidates are going to do now that the Fed HAD to step in and rescue Fannie Mae and Freddie - this is going to cost a fortune and I wonder WHO is going to pay for it while we continue to spend billions of dollars on the "war"? in Iraq and Afghanistan.
    as privileged as a whore...victims in demand for public show, swept out through the cracks beneath the door, holier than thou, how?

You know, lots of people talk about this election in very personal terms, but few, I think, really understand the implications of a McCain-palin ticket in the same terms I do. I care about the economy, I care about healthcare, I care about fuel dependency...but I care also about my personal rights as a gay human being in this country. If McCain doesn't help the economy, we all suffer. If McCain doesn't deal with foreign dependency on oil, we all suffer. If we don't have adequate health care, we all suffer. If we don't have equal rights for gay and lesbian citizens of this country...I suffer, and most of you don't. I am being pushed from the fabric of this country to the fringe. And quite honeslty, I am getting tired of it. Some have said, "if you don't want me here, I will leave...move to some place that does want me." I say, hell no...I will stay here, I will fight, I will do whatever it takes to make the majority of this country recognize me. I will not be discarded by a group of bigots who think they would be better off without me. This is very personal for me...it is a slap in my face by every person who votes against equal treatment under the law for gay citizens. We are not asking for special rights...we are asking for equal protection under the law of this land! If anyone thinks I am going down without a fight, you should think again!

that's why i say anybody voting for a gay bashing ticket is, by proxy, a bigot themselves.

No mercy.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I agree wholeheartedly with what Grimm posted.

It's unfathomable to me that anyone would WANT more of the same shit we've had after 8 years. Almost a decade of shit after shit after shit. It's just impossible for me to understand how anyone could essentially beg for more of it.

It's fucky. And it makes me sad. Sad because I hate to think that things could progress and won't if these ding dongs win the election. There just aren't enough words to properly describe it...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    that's why i say anybody voting for a gay bashing ticket is, by proxy, a bigot themselves.

No mercy.
    Sorry Grimm, that's just ignorant.
    I know of people that will be voting for McCain, but it has nothing to do with him gay bashing. As a matter of fact, I am sure that never even crossed their minds.

So what, they're just ignoring that portion or are they just stupid?
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Sorry Grimm, that's just ignorant.
    I know of people that will be voting for McCain, but it has nothing to do with him gay bashing. As a matter of fact, I am sure that never even crossed their minds.
    If people do not consider all issues when voting, then I fear for the future...

Yeah, I think some people (as sad as it may be) just don't care about things that don't affect them personally. For most people, I don't foresee the issue of gay rights being their foremost priority. For most people, I think they are ambivalent and that issue is overshadowed by the war, the economy, etc. If someone votes McCain, I seriously do wonder why - but I don't personally feel like they are a closet bigot. Again, just my opinion, I realize this is a hot-button topic.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Bingo.

Either they're uninformed and ignorant of McSame's platform (which is just as bad, IMHO) or they're ignoring that portion of his ticket.. I can't imagine what else they have to vote FOR on that ticket.. more economic destruction, more war?

It's probably the abortion thing. Single issue voters are fucking idiots. I wouldn't vote for someone just because they would make gay marriage happen in the US.. would i vote for that if the rest of the ticket was racist, economically ridiculous, or warmongers?

No, I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    So what, they're just ignoring that portion or are they just stupid?
    When the issues don't affect them they normally don't care.... alot of the times they concentrate on the issues that really do affect them and that have a bearing on the outcome of the whole country. Not saying that gay rights aren't important, but that a lot of people worry more about their jobs and money than two people getting married.

It's like you Grimm, I could tell you got madder once you heard about Palin and her gay bashing service....because that affects you. Whereas, it doesn't affect me and I am more concerned with feeding my family and being able to provide healthcare for everyone.

If they were worried about their jobs and money then they shouldn't be voting for the exact same people who have put all that in jeopardy over the last 8 years.

I mean.. duh?

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information