Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Why is this election such a dead heat? After 8 years of Bush, it has no right to be

As for why the polls are so close, I think it's a little bit of everything, fear, stupidity, and racism. You just have people in this country who believe that the president should be a white male, not a person of color or a woman. And they don't care if it's an old white male who is part of the party that helped run the country into the ground. Some people just have a problem with drastic change.

That's why I always said Obama couldn't have Hillary on the ticket, or any other woman. He had to have a white male on the ticket to make it easier for some people to accept a president that's a person of color. And if Hillary had been the nominee she would have had to put a white male on the ticket, too.

Bronze Member

Thumbs up

Grimmlock, you read my mind!

Personally, I have been very disappointed with the last two elections, and I am very worried about this one because I have no faith in the intelligence of the American people. I have asked several Republicans why they support "Bush Lite' aka McCain and I have not gotten a straight answer, only a list of why the Democrats are evil, etc.

Unfortunately, I know some Democrats who won't vote for Obama "because he is black". I get sick to my stomach to hear people make such statements. Mind you, I live in Appalachia so these attitudes are somewhat commonplace.

A young lady came to my front door last week campaigning for Obama. Get this.....she is Canadian and she volunteered to come here to the good ole' USA to campaign! I felt ashamed....I am a US citizen and I sit around and complain all of the time but never DO anything...so I volunteered. I feel so much better "doing something".

I don't know what I will do if Bush Lite is elected. Move to Europe, maybe? I do speak German and some French.

not everyone going to vote on fear. *gasp* some ppl dont like what obama stands for. there are some dems voting for McCain instead of obama cause they actually think.

Quote Originally Posted by sue_trask View Post
    not everyone going to vote on fear. *gasp* some ppl dont like what obama stands for. there are some dems voting for McCain instead of obama cause they actually think.
    What do they actually think? And what does he actually stand for, in those people eyes? Please tell me, like I am an 18 year old who is a virgin to politics.
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by nycgirly101 View Post
    Can you imagine Mooseburger Barbie, or whatever we're calling her these days, as the (possible) first female president?!
    No. The thought is truly frightening, honestly. I'm growing more and more depressed by the minute.

And yes, so many people operate solely of fear. Look how many threads we've had that *gasp* Obama may be a Muslim! Its solely pointing out he's "different" and that Americans must choose a "safe" choice or else the world will end as we know it. Its incredibly sad to me that people aren't thinking about the fact that we have a terrible economy and an ongoing sluggish war that we need to take care of - they just want more of the same, like we haven't learned anything at all.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Quote Originally Posted by sue_trask View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure there are people who won't vote for Obama just because they don't agree with his policies. Nobody is saying that EVERYONE who doesn't vote for Obama is doing it out of fear, racism, etc.

And how much are those Dems voting for McCain 'thinking' when they want to vote for somebody who has backed Bush more often than not. And let's not mention picking a VP in Palin who has nothing to bring to the table except the crazy evangelicals. Hell, even some Republicans are running away from McCain because they don't think he can do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by kingcap72 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure there are people who won't vote for Obama just because they don't agree with his policies. Nobody is saying that EVERYONE who doesn't vote for Obama is doing it out of fear, racism, etc.
    "there are some dems voting for McCain instead of obama cause they actually think."
    But, this an incomplete statement...How did you know what she meant?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    "there are some dems voting for McCain instead of obama cause they actually think."
    But, this an incomplete statement...How did you know what she meant?
    Because I've had the same conversation too many times to count.

Because I've had the same conversation too many times to count.
    I was starting to think that I was slow, or wasn't let in on something..
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

As for why the polls are so close, I think it's a little bit of everything, fear, stupidity, and racism. You just have people in this country who believe that the president should be a white male, not a person of color or a woman. And they don't care if it's an old white male who is part of the party that helped run the country into the ground. Some people just have a problem with drastic change.

That's why I always said Obama couldn't have Hillary on the ticket, or any other woman. He had to have a white male on the ticket to make it easier for some people to accept a president that's a person of color. And if Hillary had been the nominee she would have had to put a white male on the ticket, too.
    Agreed. And that in itself is bad enough for the USA. What makes it extra
    hard to take, from my point of view, is that whatever the US does, reflects
    on the rest of the world and we've all seen in the past 8 years what a
    global mess Chimpy McSmirkface and his gang of hoodlums have made.
    Choosing the Repugs for office is like giving up on the planet as a whole.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by SSDiva View Post
    I was starting to think that I was slow, or wasn't let in on something..
    Resisting urge to make joke.

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    Agreed. And that in itself is bad enough for the USA. What makes it extra
    hard to take, from my point of view, is that whatever the US does, reflects
    on the rest of the world and we've all seen in the past 8 years what a
    global mess Chimpy McSmirkface and his gang of hoodlums have made.
    Choosing the Repugs for office is like giving up on the planet as a whole.
    That should be reason enough for people to run from McCain like the plague. He's out of step and out of touch just like Bush, but I guess some people refuse to see that. Not saying that Obama's the greatest thing walking, but he's a much better option than McBush.

Yeah but you know, some people in the U.S. get offended when you bring up our world image. Its insane to me that some people don't CARE how the rest of the world perceives us. I've heard that argument "its our country, not theirs" way too many times. And usually its by uneducated voters who don't even hold a passport. I cannot grasp that mentality at all. I wish everyone in the U.S. could live overseas for at least six months so they can step out of their bubble and see how everything we do affects others. I am saddened by our public perception right now - is there any question why 90% of people around the world are praying that Obama wins? The polls are staggering. It makes me sick to my stomach to think about having to explain yet again why we made such an awful choice if McCain gets elected. I can't even think about that, it literally makes me so depressed.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Bronze Member

Both candidates are bickering and throwing each other dirt every other day. That's why voters are confused and the polls reflect that people are viewing little difference in both the candidates' platforms.

Some people in America have this idea that we live in a vacuum and that our global image isn't important. But the fact is while America is a superpower, we still need our allies. That much should be obvious from the fact that we're basically picking up the tab, and putting the most troops, into this illegal war in Iraq.

Plus, we can't expect people to help us out when it comes to terrorists if we're pissing everybody off. Then there's the fact that we're billions of dollars in debt to other countries, mainly China, and with our economy tied into the global economy we can't just tell the rest of the world to fuck off.

It's already been said about why people would vote for another lamebrain Repulbican in office even after the economy has turned to shit so I really don't have much to add. Fear, stupidity, racism, ignorance.

But I will say this, if McCain/Palin do get elected into office and our country is at war with Iran while our jobs keep dissappearing and our healthcare benefits vanish and the gas prices keep on rising. If one of my repuke co-workers cries to me that his paycheck is'nt increasing and that he has to pay late on a bill, that fucker will have a fist to his face because he has no right to complain.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread Information